Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After defeating Udinese we have another tough game at San Siro vs Inter.
Well, the hope is that we will be able to repeat the fantastic performance of the second half vs Udinese. The key duels will be of course Antonioli-Castellini-Falcone vs Adriano-Vieri (without forgetting Martins). If our defense can prevent the forwards of Inter from scoring then the job is done.
Three days were not sufficient to recover from physical tiredness but I don't think that there will be a turnover. While probably at Inter there will be (they have 30 players...).
The referee will be Bertini (forget Collina! This is the more typical referee... :rollani: )

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Inter is a terrible goal-machine,Adriano failed a penalty yesterday,with samp he would like to realize some to forget the error.

Our defence-system made me quite quiet,but we can't defend because attacks from too many parts,we need to attack,to make our game,because Inter in the back is anything special.

The unknown factor is the refree,for me this time we will have so many difficulties with him,the refrees outside Marassi rarely help Samp.Especially thoose,like Bertini,that are part of the slavery of the great powers of Italian football.

Without Bazzani,soon in Rome,and Doni,we can play like against Udinese,hoping we are not tired,especially in the middle,Volpi and Palombo did a great work,toghether with Flachi.

7000 supporters will follow Samp in San Siro,sadly I can't go with them 'cause i've no..many money actually :eek: :rolleyes: but it will be a great match...I hope fighted and funny like yesterday's one.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
This will be live in the UK but I'm working dammit!!! :doh: I'll have to tape it;)

I think this will be like the match vs Roma, lots of defending to do but opportunity's for Samp on the counter attack.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lineups according to Gazzetta:
Inter (booooo!): Toldo - J.Zanetti, Cordoba, Materazzi, Favalli - Zè Maria, C.Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic - Vieri, Adriano.
Sampdoria (olè!): Antonioli - Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Tonetto - Flachi, Rossini.

The Traitor had been convoked but as soon as his move to Lazio was official Novellino had to leave him home. Simone Inzaghi ( :wallbang: ) will arrive in Genova next Monday.
Doni and Sacchetti injured.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
BERTINI TO REFEREE INTER V SAMPDORIA
Friday, 07 January 2005 11:44:37
MILAN - Paolo Bertini (Arezzo section) will referee Sunday afternoon's Serie A TIM Week 18 match at home to Sampdoria. Bertini has already taken charge of two Nerazzurri league matches so far this season (Inter 1-1 Palermo and Roma 3-3 Inter).

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
INTER V SAMP: 19 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Saturday, 08 January 2005 14:11:18
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named a 19-man squad for Sunday afternoon's Serie A TIM Week 18 match at home to Sampdoria:

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Alberto Fontana

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 13 Zé Maria , 16 Giuseppe Favalli, 23 Marco Materazzi, 26 Giovanni Pasquale, 77 Francesco Coco

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Giorgos Karagounis, 25 Dejan Stankovic

Strikers: 10 Adriano, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins, 32 Christian Vieri

==============

VAN DER MEYDE SUSPENDED FOR SAMP CLASH
Friday, 07 January 2005 20:43:17
MILAN - The Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission has disqualified Andy van der Meyde for one league match after the Dutch midfielder (already on a caution) was yellow-carded in the first half of Inter's 2-0 victory away to Livorno . van der Meyde will therefore miss Sunday afternoon's Serie A TIM match at home to Sampdoria.

==========

APPIANO: CRUZ RULED OUT OF SAMP MATCH
Saturday, 08 January 2005 14:09:46
APPIANO GENTILE - Saturday's training session at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre has concluded. The entire squad did aerobic work and tactical exercises, then those who didn't play against Livorno on Thursday continued with rapidity exercises.

Julio Cruz is ruled out of tomorrow's match at home to Sampdoria due to a muscle strain. Sinisia Mihajlovic, who suffered an injury in the first half of the Livorno victory, will also miss the clash against his former club, as will Edgar Davids (groin injury), Juan Sebastian Veron, Carlos Gamarra, Cristian Kily González and the suspended Andy van der Meyde.

inter.it

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Samp take the lead with Tedesco in the last seconds of 1st half :shades:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Kutuzov makes it 2-0 :happy: :happy: :happy: :thmbup:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Diavolo said:
Kutuzov makes it 2-0 :happy: :happy: :happy: :thmbup:
Is he still a milan player?
Congrats guy! 5 more minutes to go...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
il_capitano said:
Is he still a milan player?
Congrats guy! 5 more minutes to go...
Can't remember.

Incredible come back by Inter, they win 3-2. 3 goals plus a post in seven minutes :eekani:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Diavolo said:
Samp take the lead with Tedesco in the last seconds of 1st half :shades:

Tedesco...is a player of genoa... :wth: :yuck:
Tedesco..realized the first goal of Cosmi team... :groan:

Samp first goal has been realized by Tonetto,the second by Vitali Kutuzov,they have been two great goals...

Seeing the final result...I'm shoked... :eek:

It's a shoking experience seeing Samp winning 0-2 in San Siro then seeing Inter making 3 goals in 4 minutes,or better from 43' 3 goals,a wood,and shot incredibly taken by Antonioli. :doh: :irritate:

Samp had to launch balls to tribune in last minutes but we tried to play and Inter destroyed us in 4 minutes,Mancini did the right changes but we have been stupid.
We thought we could play also in last minutes defending,but we had to take Inter far from our area,instead ours tried to make an useless catenaccio,leaving alone people like Vieri and Recoba in area.
I couldn't image that we could win in San Siro,it's obvious that Samp can't win against Inter of the great names,but when you support a little team and you win 0-2 at 2 minutes from the end you can't receive 3 stupid goals in 3 minutes.

And genoa won...

:doh:

Greetings to the 7000 samp fans that followed the team in Milan,singing for...87 minutes...and I understand them...

:lazy: :(

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Skogeta said:
Tedesco...is a player of genoa... :wth: :yuck:
Tedesco..realized the first goal of Cosmi team... :groan:

:(
My mistake sorry :embarass:

You must feel real bad. I don't envy you right now :stuckup:

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No comment.

The only thing I can say is that Inter deserved to win anyhow. They have Martins and Recoba, two forwards who would be in most of the starting lineups in the world, on the bench, we have Pavan and Carrozzieri, two defenders who could be on the bench even in serie C, above all Carrozzieri.
With Falcone on the pitch till the end maybe the score could be kept till the end. Now we are back on the planet Earth after the nth defeat against a top club, next week we have a game vs an opponent on our same level.
My ratings:
Antonioli 8 - he saved, made miracles till he could.
Zenoni 6 - usual runner on the right flank, stole and lost many balls.
Falcone 8 - clean sheet till he was on the pitch (replaced by Pavan 4.5 - a game vs Inter is too much for his qualities)
Castellini 6.5 - perfect for 88 minutes then involved in the "bambola globale". Great fault on the goals of Martins in particular.
Pisano 6.5 - this guy is very promising.
Diana 6 - he is slowly finding the shape of the last season.
Volpi 6.5 - great work in front of the defense and abile playmaker
Palombo 6.5 - great work in front of the defense
Tonetto 6.5 - one goal and important work on the left flank.
Flachi 6.5 - alone in the attack, did what he could and did it rather well. Novellino should have left him on the pitch
(replaced by Carrozzieri 4 - no comment)
Rossini 4 - we need a forward (Kutuzov 6 - a goal but nothing else)

Novellino 5.5 - defense and counterattacks worked rather well till he replaced Flachi with Carrozzieri, big mistake in my opinion.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Big mistake but well most credit here must go to Inter for bombarding Sampdoria nstead of maybe blaming Novellino. Even though with Flachi still on Samp wpuld have possibly kept the ball upfield more at the end...

·
Registered
822 Posts
You'd have thought a guy like Novellino knows better than to put the entire team in Antonioli's lap. I missed the match (glad I didn't go to my parents place to watch it), but taking a striker off for an extra defender is always dangerous logic.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
You guys put up well, I think that you will end up having a good season. A Uefa cup spot is the least you should get.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts