Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-16 days to one of the most important games of the season. One season ago at Marassi they kicked our ass and gained the UEFA Cup spot. :boxing:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This is it, finally the game i have been waiting for half a season. :stress:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sampdoria have the same number of points as last season, but are in a considerably better position in the league. To explain that, look at where Parma and Lazio are now... they are the ones that kept us out of the UEFA places last year. Basically, the way I see it is that we have improved slightly (apart from Bazzani, who as we all know, has improved his sex life at the expense of his football) and the above two teams have descended into oblivion: we have just taken their place.

As for this match against Udinese, and the following one against Inter....crucial!
they will really give an idea as to what Samp are really capable of. Last season we beat Udinese in friuli with a great performance and then lost in Marassi like a bunch of headless chickens (+ one bribed player). I sure as hell hope this won't be repeated.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I hope for Samp so Roma and Samp can close down Udiense for CL spots. My prediction at this moment far from the game is a 0-0 draw.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today at 3 PM there is a friendly vs Sanremese (serie C2). Absents: Kutuzov and Edusei, who will come back from their Christmas leave tomorrow, and maybe Sacchetti, who is recovering fom a light injury. Novellino said that he will try all the players in order to verify the fitness.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Deano said:
I hope for Samp so Roma and Samp can close down Udiense for CL spots. My prediction at this moment far from the game is a 0-0 draw.
Yes I cannot see anyone winning, suprisingly enough they are the only 2 games I did not write the result of last season.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sanremese-Sampdoria 0-3 (first half: 0-3)
Goals: Flachi (34'), Doni (PK, 37'), Doni (42').
Sampdoria: 1st half Antonioli - Zenoni, Falcone, Carrozzieri, Pisano - Doni, Donadel, Volpi, Tonetto - Flachi, Rossini.
Sampdoria: 2nd half Turci - Carrozzieri, Pavan, Castellini, Pagano - Diana, Cittadino, Palombo, Jacopino - Roselli, Bazzani.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SAMPDORIA said:
This is it, finally the game i have been waiting for half a season. :stress:
Unfortunately SAMPDORIA has just been barred for 1 week so he won't be able to comment the game with us. :wallbang:

Back to topic, just two doubts for the starting lineup.: Bazzani/Rossini and Diana/Doni.

So the starting lineup should be: Antonioli - Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano - Diana or Doni, Volpi, Palombo, Tonetto - Flachi, Bazzani or Rossini.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doni got injured during a game vs the team primavera (6-1) . :wallbang:

It could be a tear, so he could have to stay out for 2 months. This has been Doni since he joined: gets injured, recovers and when he is finally fit and things seem to be finally Ok, he gets injured again.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Doni, Samp's own version of Nicola Ventola :doh:

So, it looks like Bazza may not be around for this match or will Samp risk him?

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EagleMart said:
Doni, Samp's own version of Nicola Ventola :doh:

So, it looks like Bazza may not be around for this match or will Samp risk him?
Rossini will probably be in the starting lineup, but Bazzani will be surely on the bench, ready to enter, unless the swap happens before Thursday.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 17 - 6/1/04 (15.00)
Sampdoria - Udinese

Stadio Marassi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most pundits believed that both Samp and Udinese would fight for a UEFA Cup place this term – but they are battling to qualify for the Champions’ League instead. Samp are in joint fourth, while the Bianconeri are an impressive seven points ahead in third place.

Samp were struggling for form and in front of goal prior to their 4-1 win at Lecce before Christmas. Boss Walter Novellino will be hoping that his boys can continue where they left off when they take on the Friuli outfit.

But Udinese are the most in-form team in Serie A right now and will surely fight for a top-four finish until the end of the campaign. Patron Gianpaolo Pozzo has promised to not sell any of his prized assets in the January transfer window that bodes well for the future.

Coach Luciano Spalletti is expected to be still without defender Kroldrup against Samp but knows he has three great forwards in the shape of Iaquinta, Di Michele and Di Natale who could do some serious damage to the Doria rearguard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano; Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto; Flachi, Rossini

Udinese (probable): De Sanctis; Bertotto, Sensini, Felipe; Pinzi, Pizarro, Muntari, Jankulovski; Di Michele, Iaquinta, Di Natale

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
614 Posts
Were winning 2 - 0 with 15 mins to go
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Flachi and Castellini (if anyone had him in the prediction league ye deserve to win)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
congratulations for the win :) (...poor Morgan:depress: )

...i hope we'll come back from holidays against Cagliari:wth: !!!!!!

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
EagleMart said:
2-0, Fantastic :thmbup: ( sorry Ary)

Toni will be a happy man :drunk: :tongue:
More than happy :excited:
Fantastic game, fantastic atmosphere :star:

At half time I thought that we could lose because Udinese played well and were very dangerous. There was a superopportunity for Udinese, the ball seemed in, but it ended out probably saved by Antonioli... all the people near me thought that it was a goal. And it was on our side, the side of Gradinata Nord. I still have to see it the highlights and understand what happened.
We defended very well but were hardly dangerous.
In the second half Sampdoria were much more impressive and the goal came after a free kick, Flachi received the ball and shot. After it Udinese disappeared and we even scored the second goal with Castellini (header).
Bazzani remained on the bench. Just before the goal scored by Flachi Novellino told him to warm up, but then three other subs entered.
He did not even participate in the usual passing between subs at half time.
He is already in another team even if he has been convoked.
Flachi, Tonetto and Falcone were fantastic. The MVP is one among them.
The weak point is Rossini, he is crap.

Ari, there were just 100-200 supporters of Udinese in the cage near the Gradinata Nord, among them there was one with the banner "Torino". Do you know him? :notlist:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts