1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 15 - 12/12/04 (15.00)
Sampdoria - Messina

Stadio Marassi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria and Messina meet at the Stadio Marassi in Week 15 knowing that a victory could catapult them on the outskirts of a Champions’ League spot. Both sides currently sit in mid-table after collecting 18 points from 14 games so far this term.

Sampdoria go into the match on a relative high after a 1-1 draw at Roma. However, they were unlucky to not win in the capital after the home side were arguably handed a debatable penalty.

Nevertheless, Doria fans will be relieved that the side scored their first goal from open play for five games against the Giallorossi. And the return of Cristiano Doni from suspension should make them even more dangerous against Messina at the weekend.

Messina have started to struggle in recent times after a very promising beginning to the season. The 5-0 mauling at 10-man Inter last week simply confirmed how tough it will be for them to still maintain their Serie A status. Although Storari, Mamede, Fusco, Giampà, Zampagna and Sullo are injured, striker Arturo Di Napoli should be back after minor knee surgery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Falcone, Castellini, Pisano; Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Doni; Flachi, Bazzani

Messina (probable): Eleftheropoulos; Zoro, Rezaei, Zanchi, Parisi; Rafael, Coppola, Donati, Iliev; Amoruso, Yanagisawa

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
46,358 Posts
My luck is that there is Carson, I'm always lazy whenever I have to start a thread. :tongue:

Unfortunately the latest news are that the forward Di Napoli is training with the companions and so are doing the goalie Storari and the midfielder Sullo, so they could all be available for the game.
Probably Yanagisawa will try to show that our management was wrong when they sent him back to Japan, but I'm not so worried, while the return of Di Napoli is something much more dangerous. He is fundamental for the counterattacks of Messina.

·
Registered
46,358 Posts
Usual game vs Primavera. The score was 4-1 (Rossini 2, Bazzani, Diana).

As regards Messina: Parisi could miss the game (knee).

·
Registered
46,358 Posts
Castellini is confirmed in the starting lineup for Pavan. Pisano and Tonetto also confirmed on the left flank with Doni on the bench.

The referee will be Messina (like the club :D ). Third game in a row at Marassi for Messina. :dazed:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
how was the game? all i know was that donadel was put on at the end. maybe thats why he is there, to injure the other team when we are winning.

WHO SAID FLACHI WASNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR SERIA A??? :howler: :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
and also udinese won!!! i cant wait till we play you, hence my witty title!!! :devil:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
not the supporters :smileani: . But i have a problem with udinese, i always have....and now we play Lecce and then Udinese. This is 2 weeks of anger and passion..

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
lol i wonder how somone can have problem with Udinese, the most underrated and not watched team by journalists,people and so on:D...strange :)

we have Lazio the next :scared:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Arianna said:
lol i wonder how somone can have problem with Udinese, the most underrated and not watched team by journalists,people and so on:D...strange :)

we have Lazio the next :scared:
because you stole our uefa cup spot! one reason.

·
Registered
46,358 Posts
I have no time enough for a comment. I can just say that our overall performance was rather good but we were lucky. And thank you Messina... the referee Messina, I hope he will be the referee of our games at Marassi till the end of the season... even away, why not? :D

Further comments later or tomorrow. ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Serie A Week 15 - 12/12/04 (15.00)
Sampdoria 1 - 0 Messina
Flachi 16 (S)
Stadio Luigi Ferraris

Francesco Flachi earns Sampdoria a crucial victory to get them back into the hunt for UEFA places.

Cristiano Doni returned from suspension to boost Sampdoria's midfield and confidence was high after their 1-1 draw away to Roma last week. New boys Messina are pushing towards the UEFA Cup spot that the Blucerchiati are hoping to capture, so this could be a decisive result come the end of the campaign. Both Sicilian strikers were former Samp stars, as Nicola Amoruso started his career in Genoa in 1993, while midfielder Massimo Donati spent last season at Marassi.

Francesco Flachi broke the deadlock after 16 minutes when he rose to nod in Max Tonetto's chipped cross from the left after some good build-up play from Fabio Bazzani.

Ivica Iliev and Kpolo Zoro headers were comfortably blocked, then Sampdoria's appeals for a handling offence on Sergio Volpi's free kick were waved away.

Just before the break Flachi's fantastic diving header was tipped over the bar by an acrovatic Marco Storari.

Bazzani is not at his best this season and hesitated too long before aiming a weak shot at Storari straight after the restart.

Messina felt Flachi had parried substitute Arturo Di Napoli's free kick with his arm, then Bazzani's fierce strike was well saved.

Di Napoli incredibly failed to make the most of a defensive error with only the goalkeeper to beat.

Ten minutes from time Sampdoria rattled the frame of the goal with substitute Aimo Diana's cross-cum-shot that had left Storari motionless.

Sampdoria: Antonioli; Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone; Pisano, Doni (Diana 71), Volpi, Palombo, Tonetto (Donadel 83); Flachi, Bazzani (Rossini 93)

Messina: Storari; Zoro, Zanchi, Rezaei, Aronica; Rafael (Sullo 52), Coppola, Donati (Gonias 63), Iliev; Amoruso (Di Napoli 52), Yanagisawa

Ref: Messina

channel4

·
Registered
46,358 Posts
Well, the comment of channel4 is complete enough. Just some additional comments.
First of all Doni on the right flank played rather well and after the game he said: "I don't want to leave Sampdoria" as an answer to the strong rumours regarding his return on loan to Atalanta till the end of the season. Diana replaced him during the second half and showed that the bench can be therapeutical since he came in with the right mood.
Falcone made a pair of slips, while Castellini was again convincing. Probably Pavan didn't deserve to stay out, but he lost the place because of a light injury one week ago and Novellino always confirms those who plays well, so Castellini was confirmed after the good performance at Olimpico.
Bazzani struggled, but he seems no more able to score. Flachi scored and in the very last minutes squarrelled with Novellino who wanted him to keep ball possession. No problem, "Flachi is like son for me" explained Novellino, while Flachi said "Between Novellino and me it's everything Ok".

My ratings, briefly: Antonioli n.v. - Zenoni 6.5, Castellini 6.5, Falcone 6, Pisano 6 - Doni 6.5 (Diana 6), Volpi 6, Palombo 6, Tonetto 6 (Donadel n.v.) - Flachi 7.5, Bazzani 6 (Rossini n.v.)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Well, the comment of channel4 is complete enough. Just some additional comments.

:nono: , now toni i think your slacking off waiting to carson35 to post the review. :howler: :thmbup: :shades:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts