·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tie in Montevideo ............. :eyepatch:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I'd be satisfied with a draw, it would take Brazil one step closer to the final qualification. :stuckup:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I want Uruguay to win, I don't like when Uruguay not going to a WC, Brazil will qualify anyway, los charruas are between the wall and the spade...vamo arriba la celeste!

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robinho itching for Brazil start

MONTEVIDEO, March 29 (Reuters) -

The possible inclusion of 21-year-old forward Robinho is again the main talking point as world champions Brazil prepare to face Uruguay in Wednesday's World Cup qualifier.

Robinho has so far started only one full international -- the 7-1 friendly win over Hong Kong in February -- and Brazilians are longing to see more of his trickery in the national team.

Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira nearly picked him for Sunday's home game with Peru but instead opted for Juninho Pernambucano and finally brought on Robinho at halftime.

Neither choice proved entirely satisfactory as Brazil, desperately short of creativity, spluttered to a 1-0 win over their defensive opponents in Goiania.

However, Parreira admitted Brazil played better with Robinho on the pitch.

"It's a possibility," he said, when asked the inevitable question about whether the Santos player would start in Uruguay.

"I'm going to take my time and think it over."

Brazil, who have never won a competitive international away to their smaller neighbours, are second in the 10-nation South American World Cup qualifying group with 23 points from 12 games, eight ahead of fifth-placed Uruguay.

Brazil were beaten 1-0 on their previous visit to the Centenary stadium in a World Cup qualifier in 2001, when 2002 World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari took charge for the first time and Romario played his last international.

TOUGH DEFENCE

The world champions did, however, beat Uruguay away in a friendly in 1976, when Zico scored the winner.

Brazil forward Ronaldo is under the spotlight after a string of unconvincing performances for both Real Madrid and his country and will not receive any favours from a tough defence marshalled by uncompromising captain Paolo Montero.

"If he plays, he should wear lots of shin pads because its going to be tough for him," said Uruguay coach Jorge Fossati.

Uruguay deserved to win Saturday's 1-1 draw in Chile while striker Javier Chevanton, their topscorer in the qualifiers with five goals, should return on Wednesday.

"This is a chance to write another page of glory in the meetings between Uruguay and Brazil," added Fossati.

Possible teams:

Uruguay - Sebastian Viera; Diego Lopez, Diego Lugano, Paolo Montero, Dario Rodriguez; Carlos Diogo, Pablo Garcia, Mario Regueiro, Ruben Olivera; Diego Forlan, Javier Chevanton

Brazil - Dida; Cafu, Luisao, Lucio, Roberto Carlos; Juninho Pernambucano, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Ze Roberto; Kaka, Ronaldo

Referee: Hector Baldassi (Argentina)

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
colocolo said:
Tie in Montevideo ............. :eyepatch:
Im a MONSTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts