Discussion Starter #1
The Paraguas SHOULD take 3 pts :mad:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paraguay grounded after plane breaks down again

ASUNCION, March 29 (Reuters)

- Paraguay have been left grounded in Ecuador following Sunday's World Cup qualifier after their chartered plane broke down yet again.

Local media said that the team's return home following their 5-2 defeat had been delayed for at least 24 hours because of an engine problems in their Boeing 707, which belongs to the Paraguayan Air Force.

The Paraguayans also had problems on the outward journey when the pilot noticed a cracked windscreen in the cockpit shortly after take-off and decided to return to Asuncion.

Paraguay are at home to Chile on Wednesday and media said the team were considering taking a commercial flight home.

However, this would involve a lengthy detour as there are no direct flights between the two countries.

Paraguay are fourth in the 10-nation South American group with 16 points from 12 games but have failed to win any of their last four and are in danger of being overtaken by the pack of teams below them.

The top four qualify automatically for the 2006 finals in Germany and the fifth plays off with the Oceania zone winners for another place. There are six games to go in South America

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
colocolo said:
The Paraguas SHOULD take 3 pts :mad:
After reading a little bit of the garbage that comes out of Chile .....

I correct myself ....The Paraguas WILL take the 3 points !!!! :eyepatch:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im a MASTER and dont U ever DOUBT my words !!!!!!! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Chilie had a good goal called back in extra time. That would have put in the 5th place on goal differential.

However if they would have called Emerson offside like he was we would be in 4th.

See how bad calls effect the standings so much.

I say bring on the video replay.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Exactly.

Chile's goal was a good one. The ball never left the pitch; it never curved outside the imaginary plain.

The same goes for Uruguay who got thrown under the bus at the end.

Had the refs got the two right, Uruguay would be in 4th place and Chile would be in 6th all alone.

Human error is, sadly, part of the game.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont worry (cause I dont anymore...I havent seen the Chilean Nats play ..live or on TV in ages)..Chile is in the standings, where it belongs...forget about luck, good or bad refereeing,,,Chile SUCKS at football. (PERIOD)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Colo Colo,

IMO Chilie is 5X better than Ecaudor in football, and I would love for them to qualify to the World Cup with us, but sadly there won't be enough room for both of us, or either, but that doesn't mean that either of our contries don't play good football.

If you would actually watch your boys play, you would see that.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
The perfect scenario would be for Paraguay to slip and miss the WC, tho I don;t see that happening. It seems that Paraguay is making it a habbit playing in the WC.

On a related topic - I long for the day that Brasil misses out on the WC...

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loco said:
On a related topic - I long for the day that Brasil misses out on the WC...

Hehehehehe I will have a frikken PARTY :party: that day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts