Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon Venezuela ... have you forgotten how to get 3 points at home ????? :scared:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Should finally cum winners and grab the 3 points in this one.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Latinlover said:
Should finally cum winners and grab the 3 points in this one.
Lets see how good u r at predicting games...so far YOU're on the $$$$ :yuck:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
If we get this one, we will be getting in a position similar to last years
I have faith on my team, we have Venezuela's number, but anything can happen

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ecuador's De la Cruz puts club before country :eek: :rollani: :eek: :skull:

QUITO, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Ecuador right back Ulises de la Cruz will miss Thursday's World Cup qualifier away to Venezuela after going back to his club, the Ecuadorean Football Federation (FEF) on Tuesday.

"De la Cruz has returned to England to join up with his team Aston Villa and will not play against Venezuela," the FEF said on its official website.

Villa are away to champions and leaders Arsenal in a Premier League match on Sunday.

On Monday, the FEF had confirmed that it had no suspension or injury problems following the previous night's 2-0 win over Chile in Quito. Media reports on Tuesday said Aston Villa had requested De la Cruz return.

Thursday's match in San Cristobal could be crucial, with only three points separating the two sides in the 10-nation South American group.

Ecuador are fourth with 13 points while Venezuela, who have faded after a bright start, are sixth with 10. The top four teams qualify directly for the 2006 World Cup in Germany and the fifth plays off against the Oceania region winners.

Neicer Reasco, who can play in either full back position, is likely to take De la Cruz's place.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
QUITO, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Ecuador right back Ulises de la Cruz will miss Thursday's World Cup qualifier away to Venezuela after going back to his club, the Ecuadorean Football Federation (FEF) on Tuesday.

"De la Cruz has returned to England to join up with his team Aston Villa and will not play against Venezuela," the FEF said on its official website.

Villa are away to champions and leaders Arsenal in a Premier League match on Sunday.

On Monday, the FEF had confirmed that it had no suspension or injury problems following the previous night's 2-0 win over Chile in Quito. Media reports on Tuesday said Aston Villa had requested De la Cruz return.

Thursday's match in San Cristobal could be crucial, with only three points separating the two sides in the 10-nation South American group.

Ecuador are fourth with 13 points while Venezuela, who have faded after a bright start, are sixth with 10. The top four teams qualify directly for the 2006 World Cup in Germany and the fifth plays off against the Oceania region winners.

Neicer Reasco, who can play in either full back position, is likely to take De la Cruz's place.
What a loyal chap!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Lets see how good u r at predicting games...so far YOU're on the $$$$
Originally posted by Latinlover:
My prediction: Ecuador 2 - Chile 0
So far, not that bad...

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude...there ARE 5 games on every round ... you've got to venture further out than just one louzy game per round !!!! ;)

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Ulises had agreed he would only play one game. I think its fair
Reasco played in Newell's, he is not Ulises but hes pretty good
I really don't know what to expect, I think its the most important game of the round, and thats not only because my country is playing
Kaviedes- Salas the striking force
Hopefully we will keep getting good results against the llaneros

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This game stays STUCK till after played !!!! Comon boys I need a Tie !!!!!!!!! I dont need anyone here with 3 points...not on this game !!! ;)

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moran double puts Venezuela back in World Cup hunt :jester:

SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela, Oct 14 (Reuters) -

Ruberth Moran scored twice for Venezuela in a 3-1 victory over Ecuador on Thursday, as the home side put their World Cup qualification campaign back on track after a string of poor results.

Bouncing back from Saturday's 5-2 home defeat by Brazil, Venezuela moved up three places to sixth in the 10-nation South American qualifying group on 13 points from 10 games, behind Ecuador and Chile on goal difference.

The top four teams qualify directly for Germany 2006 while the fifth-placed finisher plays off against the Oceania representative for another place.

Seeking to reach their first finals tournament, Venezuela were the only team to win in the group this week as the other four matches ended in draws, three of them goalless.

The home side had put together an impressive run of three successive wins earlier in the group but their campaign shuddered to a halt when they failed to register a victory in their previous four matches.

Ecuador, who qualified for their first World Cup in 2002, have lost all five away games in the competition.

The teams traded first-half penalties -- Gabriel Urdaneta opening the scoring for Venezuela and Marlon Ayovi equalising for Ecuador -- before Moran struck twice in an eight-minute spell after the break.

"Now we're starting to win and achieve our objectives. Last week we were struggling (against Brazil) but this week we put in the effort and managed it," Moran told reporters after the game.

MISSED CHANCE

Ecuador striker Ivan Kaviedes, who was kicked out of a training camp for indiscipline before a match against Uruguay in September but scored on his return in the 2-0 win over Chile on Sunday, turned villain again as he missed a simple chance and gave away a penalty.

The Crystal Palace striker shot straight at goalkeeper Rafael Dudamel after being put clear in the 12th minute. Nine minutes later, he gave away a bizarre penalty as he lost possession to Moran and then tripped the striker.

Swiss-based striker Urdaneta fired into the middle of the goal as Edwin Villafuerte dived to his left.

Ecuador equalised with a farcical penalty awarded when Franklin Salas collapsed in a heap after the faintest of touches by Jose Manuel Rey as they two jumped for ball.

Marlon Ayovi took advantage as he fired home in the 42nd minute.

Venezuela went back in front in the 73rd minute with a simple goal, substitute Hector Gonzalez chipping the ball over the Ecuador defence and Moran, who plays for Colombian club Bucaramanga, scoring with a first-time shot.

Eight minutes later, Juan Arango sent Moran scuttling clear of the defence and he fired past Villafuerte for his second brace in consecutive matches.

"I think we played a great game and that we really should have been ahead after the first half," Arango said.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moderators . pls UNSTICK . I cant do it from home . My PC is actinn up :(

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Sorry moderators, but you must know how much it hurts to lose against the worst team in south america
me oiste bien latinlover, son lo peor de lo peor!! solo q somos aun mas malos (by the way, had it been a european qualifier you would've gone home and cried so don't play any reverse psychology on my ass)
its anybody's quaification, I have no idea. En la altura ganamos!!! Yo le tengo un carino inmenso a mi pais, y con el creer de un manana mejor vamos amejorar, suerte a todos
bernardo

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bernmilan1 said:
Sorry moderators, but you must know how much it hurts to lose against the worst team in south america
I know man ... what a nightmare .. and to wake up the next day with that on your mind...worst yet .. But remember ... Its ONLY a game.....and National Pride HURT should never be an issue with the result of a STUPID game .... :thmbup:

:cap:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Latinlover- regreso solo por los insultos
Si fuera la champions nosotros fueramos a la proxima ronda
siguen siendo una cagada
hope you know that, no need to learn
antes no me caian mal los venezolanos, you just opened up a stereotype excuse on my list.
In the words of tony montana:
How chou like that ahh, you stupid maricon

·
Registered
525 Posts
colombia will end venezuelas poor inspirations to the wc

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
siguen siendo una cagada
Y les seguimos y seguiremos ganando a ustedes.

Ésto no se ha acabado y seguimos en la pelea.

BTW, did you notice that we were the only winners of this last date?

Cheers.

See ya. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.