Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
you know what Profesor,

i wouldnt be surprised. not in the least. sometimes when youve got an open goal, and you are a Balaban ,Rapaic, or Vugrinec, you may "freeze" at the WC.

Experience counts.

Sukerman will slot it home with ease.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
when i read that Suker is practising shooting at goal in his spare time at the training camp while others are playing golf, tennis, meditating etc etc then i know Suker will be up there amongst the top scorers.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
a friend of mine has a theory, he says he can picture at least 10 situations, where Stanara or Boka or someone test the other keeper, forcing him to deflect the ball back through the middle. Who would you rather have slotting it home> Vlaovic or Suker?

This also applies to posts and deflections off defenders.

I know my pick.

so maybe if Suker gets 4 of these and 2 of his famous "through the defense, the ref, the keeper and the ballboy's legs" goals, he'll walk away with another pretty golden boot ;)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
when i read that Suker is practising shooting at goal in his spare time at the training camp while others are playing golf, tennis, meditating etc etc then i know Suker will be up there amongst the top scorers.
Damnation, Placebo you own a very keen mind.

One hell of an observation!! Well done lad!!

Now the great question is how the hell did I miss that?:eek:

If Suker is ever accused of being selfish then good. His desire to score goals is what got him to such a high level and as we can see his desire (or love) to put the ball into the net continues which means he will certainly be a danger which means our team will be a danger.

Bravo Sukerman!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
For the last time in World Cup play I want to see Davor score a goal, run to the sideline, get on his knees, and then bless himself...what a player...this is another player that when its all over he will be greatly missed...wish we could bottle him up somehow and release him once every four years....;)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ero said:
a friend of mine has a theory, he says he can picture at least 10 situations, where Stanara or Boka or someone test the other keeper, forcing him to deflect the ball back through the middle. Who would you rather have slotting it home> Vlaovic or Suker?

This also applies to posts and deflections off defenders.

I know my pick.
I am pretty sure that Vlaovic wouldnt slot anything home... he will probably strike it so hard that he will blow some reporters head of, next to the goal

·
Registered
983 Posts
JureM said:
For the last time in World Cup play I want to see Davor score a goal, run to the sideline, get on his knees, and then bless himself...what a player...this is another player that when its all over he will be greatly missed...wish we could bottle him up somehow and release him once every four years....;)
Ye Suker is gonna be missed greatly thats for sure.. i admire him for his talent but even more for his love of that checkered jersey and croatia.. a true patriot :)

spwolf said:
I am pretty sure that Vlaovic wouldnt slot anything home... he will probably strike it so hard that he will blow some reporters head of, next to the goal
Hehe.. i hope Jozic doesnt play Vlaovic at all.. please anyone but him.. i could not handle seeing him miss another sitter for us :dazed:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Ye true.. the guy has scored some sweet goals for us.. the beauty against turkey comes to mind aswell but i just dont think he is lethal enough and needs to many opportunities to score.

On his day he is good but those days dont happen often enough.. i know im being critical of the guy.. i guess im just to use to seeing suker slot em all away with ease :D

I just feel its time to give someone else a go.. Balaban for me is the perfect choice but with his lack of football recently that is highly debateable.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
wel, since we are goin to be playin 4-4-2, we will have boksic and suker at the top... probably with olic coming in if we need a runner
yup looks like thats whats gonna happen! in fact i like that! i think this frees Vugrinec to play more attacking midfield role off the bench if Prosinecki gets tired instead of playing striker role on the bench where already there will be Vlaovic, Olic and Balaban

SUKER+BOKSIC=:) :) :) :cool: no worries! just happy:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.