Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Not bad Davor, not bad.

He is surely not done.

He still has 2 years in him.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Wow...tough question spwolf. Well, the midfield is not that strong...the defence isn't that strong, but the do have quality goalies in Keller and Friedel AND if Clint Mathis can play like he is capable on the big stage then they can do fine....

I think they have no chance against Portugal, with or without Costa.

I think they can at least muster a tie against Poland...Poland not playing that well lately though they have a world class goalie in Dudek...

The game to watch out for is Korea. They are playing their in front of their home fans so they will play hard.

But as I said I think it will come down to Poland and the US for that second spot....

I hope they can move on but it will be tough. If they do move on they will face either Hrvatska or Italy so their run will end quickly.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dunno, dont follow US NT that much tho... I would like for them to do something so football becomes more popular here... at the same time, it will be nice to be able rub it in to my american friends once US team fails once again... I am getting really annoyed by ignorance of every sport that doesnt get played on public tv (i.e. F1 cant be that popular since its @Speedvision, Soccer isnt popular outside europe and its a girl sport, etc, etc)

so to sumarize it, while I am in the states, I will laugh when they lose (outloud), when I go back to croatia, I will cheer for them and make sure no1 laughs if they lose

;-)))))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts