Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma and Juventus will talk for Davids.Sensi will offer 20 millions euros and Lima or Assuncao.
Davids for 20 millions euros and Lima wiill be a great move for Roma
But i don't think the same for Assuncao.Marcos is a very good and young DCM with great skills.In the future can become one of the best in the world in this position.
So I hope Davids to come for 20 millions euros and Lima and not Assuncao.This will be the best move Sensi must do.

FORZA ROMA!
ROMA THE BEST!
ROMA FOE EVER!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephapho,

Who talk for Zebina?Capello wants to keep him:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Assuncao:depress: :depress: :depress: or Lima;) ;) ;) is going to be.

FORZA ROMA!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Davids’ Roma move on ice Monday 1 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgar Davids’ proposed move to Roma is in doubt after Juventus refused to lower their asking price.

Speculation suggests that the midfielder has already agreed personal terms with the Giallorossi but Juve could put an end to the deal.

Capital President Franco Sensi has offered £10m plus midfielder Francisco Lima. However, the Turin giants want Lima and £13.5m for the former Ajax man.

Sensi stated last week that Davids would join the Olimpico outfit "under our conditions" but Juve are holding firm.

"I’m in no rush," said Sensi. "We have until August 31. Davids will remain a Juventus player and if he comes to Rome then it will be under our terms."

The Dutchman is desperate to move to Roma to link up with Coach Fabio Capello, who first brought him to Italian football while at Milan in 1996.

Meanwhile, Roma have agreed to sign Luigi Sartor from Parma in a swap deal for Sebastiano Siviglia.

"Roma are a prestigious side to play for and I’m delighted," said Sartor. "I’m not expecting to walk straight into the team but with hard work I’m sure I can get a game."

Siviglia was also happy with the transfer. "Parma are an ambitious club. They’re in the UEFA Cup and I hope to find a bit more room in the first team than I did at Roma."

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Gunners force Roma's hand Tuesday 2 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal have intercepted Roma’s negotiations for Edgar Davids, but the Giallorossi are ready to sacrifice Vincent Candela.

The Capital club has been in talks for the Juventus midfielder for several weeks, but there remains a £3.5m gap between asking price and offer.

The previous bid of £10m plus Francisco Lima was rejected and the stall allegedly allowed Arsenal back into the running.

However, Roma are determined to take the Dutchman to the Stadio Olimpico and could sacrifice Vincent Candela as part of the deal.

The French left-back could be released this summer as Luigi Sartor has been brought in from Parma along with promising Palermo star Davide Bombardini.

Should the Bianconeri also refuse that offer, then Arsenal would be in pole position for the out of favour Davids.

The former Milan and Ajax midfielder has been linked to Premiership sides - mainly Arsenal and Liverpool - since January.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Yeh, I heard abt this news too. Something additional as well. Juve wants to get Dacourt with the money got by the sell of Davids. :confused:

Plz tell me, is Dacourt a better perspective than Davids. I still feel Davids is the best defensive mid-fielder in the world (don't tell me abt Viera). Maybe some of u can compare Davids with Dacourt and show me the goodness of buying Dacourt and selling Davids.

Ciao

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Sorry, I should have posted this in the Juve forum. :eek: . Anyway whats done can't be undone.

Ciao

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Sensi still eager for Edgar Wednesday 3 July, 2002

President Franco Sensi has said that Edgar Davids is the only missing piece in the new Roma jigsaw.

The Giallorossi are desperate to complete the signing of the Juventus midfielder but have as of yet to agree terms with the Bianconeri.

"We will try everything in order to get the Dutchman," said Sensi. "He would complete our transfer campaign in a summer where there has been a general change in market strategies.

"We can only go up to a certain point in the Davids deal. We really can’t go any further and this change on the transfer front should see all clubs alter their way of dealing with sales and purchases."

The Olimpico outfit are said to have offered £10m plus midfielder Francisco Lima for the midfielder. However, Juve want £13.5m and the Brazilian player.

Roma have made four major signings this summer and will officially present Bombardini (Palermo), Sartor (Parma), Dellas (Perugia) and Gaurdiola (Brescia) all on Thursday.

"We have signed some great players and strengthened every department of the side," continued the capital chief.

"We have improved a squad that was already competitive last season, moving on a market where no one has yet to make any real signings."

Sensi also added that the club’s best buy was that of Christian Panucci. The international now belongs to Roma after he spent last season on loan from Monaco.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Moggi holding on to Davids Friday 5 July, 2002

Luciano Moggi has assured that Juventus will keep Edgar Davids, redirecting Roma’s attention towards Real Madrid.

The Giallorossi have been in talks with the Dutchman for several weeks, but could not reach an agreement despite their offer of £10m plus Francisco Lima.

“We are keeping Davids,” announced Bianconeri Director General Moggi this morning. He also confirmed that Fiorentina defender Emiliano Moretti will join Juve’s ranks immediately rather than stay with the Viola on loan for a season.

Roma had been concentrating all their efforts on bringing in former Milan man Davids and are now forced to find an alternative.

The main target is Real Madrid’s Claude Makelele, previously in talks with Inter. The Spanish side does not seem intent on letting go of the Frenchman, but representative Franco Baldini has flown in to discuss the deal.

Makelele would be willing to move elsewhere in order to play more first team football, although his £17m price tag is considered too steep.

The 29-year-old currently earns in the region of £1.6m per season and may be asked to take a pay-cut as part of Roma’s new salary structure.

Brazilian midfielder Lima could be offered up to Real Madrid as part of this move, although talks with Juventus for Davids are far from over.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Sensi admits Davids problems Thursday 11 July, 2002

Roma chief Franco Sensi has admitted that negotiations to sign Edgar Davids from Juventus have stalled.

"As far as the Davids deal is concerned everything has stopped," said Sensi. "At this moment in time he is not close to a move to Roma."

The Dutchman is high on Coach Fabio Capello’s wish list but the Bianconeri’s reluctance in reducing their asking price of £13.5m plus midfielder Francisco Lima is proving to be the stumbling block.

However, while they wait for further developments, the Giallorossi are continuing to make moves in other areas.

Ajax striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a confirmed target even if Sensi admits that he is not a fundamental piece of the new Roma project.

"We remain interested in Ibrahimovic," he added. "He is a 20-year-old international and we have to consider his purchase. He is an excellent element but we are a good side even without him."

On the rumours that goalkeeper Francesco Antonioli and Marcos Cafu could leave the club – the latter linked with Man Utd – Sensi quickly reassured fans.

"The problems with Antonioli have been resolved and he will stay for two more years with us. As for Marcos we should reach an agreement for a new deal in the next few days."

channel4 ;)

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Roma doesn't need Davids. If Capello wants to play with 2 DM he already had great resources:
1 physical hardworking DM (Tomassi or Lima)
and 1 more playmaking role (Emerson or Guardiola :cool: )

I don't think Roma fans would like to see Tomassi on the bench!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Capello eager to get Davids Saturday 13 July, 2002

Roma boss Fabio Capello has urged the club to agree terms with Juventus for midfielder Edgar Davids.

The Giallorossi tactician is desperate to land the player that he once Coached at Milan in an attempt to strengthen his midfield.

"He is the only player that I have asked the President for," said Capello. "He is not just an ordinary player. He is extremely talented, a player that can make the difference.

"We wouldn’t become unbeatable with him in the side but we would be candidates to win every competition that we enter."

Davids is believed to be excited about the prospect of moving to the capital even if Juventus won’t decrease their asking price.

Roma have offered £8.5m plus midfielder Francisco Lima to the Delle Alpi side, but Juve want the Brazilian and close to £11m.

Latest speculation suggests that Roma could also offer a few of their promising youngsters in the deal such as Gaetano D’Agostino and Damiano Ferronnetti in order to convince Juve to sell.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Capello renews Davids plea Monday 15 July, 2002

Fabio Capello maintains that he hasn’t lost hope in signing Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids.

The Giallorossi boss made the statement on Monday as his side got together for their pre-season retreat at Kapfenberg, Austria.

"There is still hope in signing Davids. If Juventus’ asking price can be reached then we will buy him," he said.

"If he doesn’t sign then we will remain as we are. President Sensi claims that Davids is a player like the rest. But that isn’t the case.

"On a financial basis you could argue that he is but on a technical level he is not. Davids could give this squad that little bit extra."

The capital club have reportedly offered £8.5m plus midfielder Francisco Lima but the Bianconeri want close to £11m plus the Brazilian.

Meanwhile, Capello has said he is satisfied with the new players that he can count on this season despite the tough economical climate of the game.

"I’m happy with the new players, such as Dellas, Sartor, Guardiola and Bombardini. These players will do a good job in substituting those that have gone," he added.

"There is finally a transfer market where sides are starting to become shrewd and prudent. Teams can’t start dishing out the cash that they did 12 months ago and they are now trying to balance their books."

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lima complicates Davids switch Tuesday 16 July, 2002

Roma’s hopes of landing Edgar Davids have taken another blow after Francisco Lima said he had no intention of moving as part of the deal.

The Giallorossi have offered cash and the Brazilian midfielder to Juventus for Davids, but Lima maintains he doesn’t want to join the Bianconeri.

"Am I joining Juventus? What for? I want to stay with Roma because I feel at home here," he said.

"I have one year left on my contract and I have every intention of respecting it."

The capital club’s move for Davids had already hit complications due to the Delle Alpi side’s asking price.

Roma offered Lima plus £8.5m, while Juve want the player plus £11m. However, this latest complication could see negotiations stall for good.

Meanwhile, reports from Italy today suggest that another Juve midfielder could be heading to Roma’s rivals Lazio.

Alessio Tacchinardi could move to the Biancocelesti in a swap deal involving Fabio Liverani.

The latter was linked with a transfer to Juve last summer from Perugia before he opted for a move to the capital.

However, his Olimpico stay hasn’t been the happiest. He wasn’t totally welcomed by the Lazio fans because of his support of rivals Roma.

While a dip in form also saw him lose his international place.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lima: I Don't Want To Go To Juve
News Archive

No intention of joining the Bianconeri (AP)
07/16/2002. Roma midfielder Francisco Lima has categorically stated that he will not be a pawn in the ongoing Edgar Davids to Roma saga.

The Giallorossi have offered Juventus the Brazilian plus a cash sum in return for Davids but Lima's words have now put a real spanner in the works.

"Me to Juve? Why should I go there? I want to remain here because I'm happy. I have another year on my contract and want to respect it," said Lima.

These words are unlikely to please Roma coach Fabio Capello who is desperate to get Davids on board.

soccerage ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Moggi denies Davids sale Wednesday 17 July, 2002

Juventus director Luciano Moggi claims that Edgar Davids will stay with the club, while he dismissed talk that Olivier Dacourt is on his way from Leeds.

The Dutch midfielder is a known target for Roma but the transfer guru maintains that the player will not be heading out of Turin.

"Davids has not been taken off the transfer market because he has never been on it. There are no talks going on between the two sides," he told Italian website calciomanager.it.

"Even if they asked us for him we would confirm that we have no intention of selling him."

The Bianconeri official has also rubbished speculation that Leeds midfielder Dacourt was on the verge of signing for the side.

"Dacourt is on his way to Juventus? Let¡¦s not joke about this. Look at the players we have in our midfield and you will understand everything. We have never had any intention of signing the Frenchman.

"Juventus won the championship last season thus confirming that they were the strongest team. In a market where few players are moving we have no reason to go out and reinforce ourselves. That is down to our rivals."

Moggi also added that Chievo¡¦s Eriberto and Luciano Zauri of Atalanta would not be arriving despite heavy speculation suggesting otherwise.

However, the director did confirm that the Turin side had reached an agreement with River Plate over the possibility of signing some of their young talents.

Possible arrivals from the Argentine club are rumoured to be attacking players Andres D¡¦Alessandro and Cavenaghi.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Davids: I¡¦m staying at Juve Thursday 18 July, 2002

Edgar Davids maintains that he will remain at Juventus this season despite interest from Roma.

The Dutch midfielder has been targeted by the capital outfit at the request of Coach Fabio Capello.

However, the Giallorossi have failed to agree terms with the Bianconeri and it now looks increasingly likely that the former Ajax man will stick with Juve.

"I¡¦m still here and I intend to stay," said the international. "I haven¡¦t got any problems with anyone at the club and there is great respect amongst everyone. This is what matters."

Meanwhile, general manager Luciano Moggi claims that Juventus¡¦ transfer campaign is over for this summer.

"Our market is now closed," he said as the squad got back together for the start of pre-season training.

"We have received many offers but no one is leaving here. We currently have 27 players in the squad which may be cut down but only by operating a few minor moves."

Moggi¡¦s statement seems to have closed the door on the possible signing of Leeds midfielder Olivier Dacourt.

The Frenchman has today warned that if he doesn¡¦t leave his Premiership club by the weekend then he will remain at Elland Road.

"I know that Juventus and Arsenal are both interested in me but I need to know what the future holds," he told French newspaper ¡¥L¡¦Equipe¡¦.

"I don¡¦t want to move to a club once the season has started. Therefore if negotiations are not concluded by Saturday I will stay at Leeds."

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma Eye Davids For 2003
Latest News | News Archive

The Dutchman may still end up at Roma (Allsport)
08/01/2002. Roma president Franco Sensi says he is no longer interested in signing Edgar Davids for this season, but says the club may move for him next summer.

Coach Fabio Capello has made it clear that he desperately wants the Dutchman on board, but Sensi said: "I don't want Davids (this summer). You shouldn't forget that he only has another year on his contract with Juventus."

soccerage ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lippi Set To Offer Davids To Roma
Latest News | News Archive

Davids: Always In The Thick Of Things (Allsport)
08/02/2002. It has been reported that following yesterday's bust up between Edgar Davids (Juventus) and Cosmin Contra (AC Milan) in a friendly match, boss Marcelo Lippi is ready to sell Davids to AS Roma.

Roma coach Fabio Capello is a known admirer of the player and only a few months ago stated, "AS Roma is only one player short of being complete...Davids."

It was even reported that Davids had agreed to a move to the capital, only for Juventus to turn down Roma's approaches.

However, the situation seems to have drastically changed over the last 24 hours. Marcelo Lippi has stated that he does not wish to have a hot-tempered, trouble-maker in his team and is willing to let the player go and opt for Igor Tudor or Antonio Conte in midfield.

AS Roma and Juventus officials are expected to meet this week to hammer out a deal.

soccerage ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts