Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Davids race hots up

He'd make a splendid addition to the team if you ask me.

Very impressive in his loan season at Barcelona, exciting & high work rate, lots of energy. Perfect United material. :)

As that news piece points out though, if Mourinho wants him... he's in a favourable position with the negociation of Veron.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he can't get into the Inter team, there must be something wrong with him.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
chances are we wont get anyone from the ilk of gatusso or gerrard this summer unless something special happens, so to get davids to fill in the plug will be excellent. 23 or 33, who cares, hes still got it in him and hes a player i admire..

with rooneys chavness and davids goggles, think of united new street cred!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its very seldom that SAF will get old player. the only except was Blanc who he wanted him to form a good soild defence with Bathez in which turned up not aas well as he expect so i dont seriously think that he will get David.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
rijkaard wants davids back at barca................though the relations r quite strained it wud be very easy to lure him bacl to the nou camp and barca if serious will be the frontrunners to get him back.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
i wud rather have van bommel but his transfer 2 barca is a done deal apparently

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Emre would be great for the other of the 3 midfield places, but still he would not solve our DMC problems. If it was both Emre and Essien then it would be brilliant, but Emre/Davids for next year could do.

*Emre/Jonesy* *Keano/Essien* *Scholes/Fletcher*
or
*Emre/Jonesy* *Keano/Davids* *Scholes/Fletcher*

Either of those, would be a way better improvement from the reserves that we had/have this year in P.Neville and Fortune. Emre is great, and so is Essien/Davids, while Jonesy is superb for the reserves and with some extra body weight, he will be great for years to come.

·
Registered
239 Posts
if Davids were free he could be a stop-gap until next season when we can spend on a younger player... nothing against davids, great player in his time, but his use-by date is fast approaching and i think we need someone younger if we wanna be big in the long run

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't forget that the arrival of Davids could prolong both his, and Keane's careers.

He is a proven world talent, and when Keane is rested... certainly a more favourable option than Fortune i'd say. The thought of a Keane/Davids midfield brings a smile to my face too.

You'd easily get 2 years out of him whilst he's still at his best. A great option depending on his price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To be honest to the poster who posted the midfield options. I don't think we will get Essien and Emre in the one season especially after aquiring Rooney last year. If we wanted to get both we would have to sell and actually get some money for kleberson, wes brown, phil nevill etc

·
Registered
239 Posts
yea ... completely agree with u berky... hopefully we can cash in on deadwood like bellion and get a decent keeper and a DMC... emre would be a bonus

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Agreed that davids would prolonge Keano's career- A reliable Midfielder to fall back on rather than the dregs united have had in the past few seasons- Fortune, Djemba, Kleberson, Neville etc. Selling Nicky Butt without adequate back up was a silly move so another midfielder is essential.

Davids is still quality, still a work horse and still someone who commands a place in most sides in the world.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts