Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I am really sad to hear that such a great player like Davids is leaving us. It is really sad. Now, we must replace him. We need a strong midfield. We can't win CL(it is our main target, isn't it?) having such a weak midfield. I hope that Moggi wakes up in time and will make necessary transfers.
Maresca is loaned out.
Brighi comes back.
Baiocco comes.
So what do we have?
Brighi, Nedved, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta(injured), Baiocco, Conte.
Guys, this is simply funny, Moggi must move as soon as possible. We have no time to lose!
And also, it seems that Lima can join us. Well, probably he is not so bad, but he is no way replace to Davids. He is not so young(30(!)). Some reports also say that we are going to sign Zauri, which is a good news too.
What is your opinion?
Who should be signed?

·
Registered
79 Posts
By selling davids and with zambrotta injured our midfield is going to be ****ed, unless we spend a fair bit of money. By signing either nesta or cannavaro, we can let go of thuram. Thuram is a great player but he is unhappy with his position, + buffon who has known him for a long time says he will leave. The only players who can replace him are viera or helguera. helguera is not possible but viera is, as real have pulled out. I have heard rumours that we will swap thuram + cash for viera. That would be great. Also I think a Guy called Petit who plays for Portugal and Boavista, i think. Portugal played so **** at the world cup but i was impressed. He is still young, 25-26, is a first choice national player and is cheap. Viera would be my first choice then petit. I think that davids is definately going to leave. I am going to be soooooo pissed off:mad: if he does actually go to roma, our worst enemies. They already have Tomassi and emerson, who play the same positon. Maybe we should ask for one of them in return. I think we are getting ****ed on if we swap assuncao or lima:yuck: :yuck: for davids. Maybe we will them swap Del Piero for Delvecchio. Also zauri is a must, can play left or right defence or mid.

So if davids leaves, or when davids leaves. Viera first choice, then emerson or tomassi in swap, then petit
and Zauri

next season biaocco, brighi, zambo, davids(viera, tomassi, emerson, petit), conte, tacchinardi, zauri + maybe a backup happy to sit on the bench.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Besides being sad should Davids leave I just have a few pointers.

1: Why would we sell him to a direct rival ?
2: Why would Davids want to be back with Capello who dropped him at Milan ?
3: Why are we linked with Lima, Hamann and the likes ? Good players and all that- but.........

:sad:

Ciao.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Glen said:
Besides being sad should Davids leave I just have a few pointers.

1: Why would we sell him to a direct rival ?
2: Why would Davids want to be back with Capello who dropped him at Milan ?
3: Why are we linked with Lima, Hamann and the likes ? Good players and all that- but.........

:sad:

Ciao.
1: This is Davids' choice, Roma or nothing.
2: The sale of Davids was against Capello's will, or so he says.
3: I haven't got a f*cking clue.;)

Great player though he is and as much as I would love him to stay, if he wants to leave, let him, I don't want anyone not commited to Juve. And remember the trouble he has caused us over the last 20 or so months. Good ridance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well let's see whether Davids will cause any problems with Roma under Capello's strict commands or not. Anyway, I respect Davids' decision to leave Juve, maybe thats personal, but why from all clubs choose Roma ?? He could've chosen Man Utd, Real, or Barca instead. Maybe he wants to get back on Lippi :devil:

I'm more worried though on Davids' replacement than him joining Roma. Juve haven't made any official links yet but are constantly linked with players like Hamman, Lima, Viera, Gerrard, etc. And the most dissapointing decision would be to rely on Baiocco to do Davids' job rather than signing a new player :(

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news:

Far from done (AP)
07/01/2002. The proposed move of Edgar Davids from Juventus to Roma is in doubt after the Bianconeri refused to lower their asking price.

The midfielder has apparently agreed personal terms with Roma, but Juventus will only sell if they receive £13.5 million plus Francisco Lima. So far the Giallorossi have offered only £10 million plus the player.

"We have until August 31 and I'm in no rush," said Roma president Franco Sensi. "If he comes to Roma it will be under our terms."

source:soccerage.com

Well, I think that Moggi realised that if he would sell Davids, we will be totally f*cked up.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I still think he'll leave, frankly I don't care about any longer. His actions have shown that he's no longer commited to Juve. I have a problem with us getting Lima - he's rubbish, I'd rather see Baiocco, I think he's pretty much a squad player but at least he'll give 100%

·
Registered
26 Posts
:mad:

If Davids wants to leave club, I respect for his decision but...

Who is Lima? I'm watching him from his Gaziantepspor (Turkish club) days. I can't still believe my eyes he is playing for Roma!!

Brazil NT player Kleberson is five steps above from Lima. ;)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Seems like Moggi finally open his eyes!, we are asking more money and Candela! now we are talking about bussiness!!:cool:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now what?....

07/02/2002. Arsenal are closing in on Edgar Davids according to reports from Italy.

The Dutchman looked set to join Roma from Juventus earlier this week, however a fee couldn't be agreed, and Gazzetta dello Sport state that Arsene Wenger is set to make a bid to strengthen his double winning side.

They also claim that any money made from the sale of Davids would be used to try and tempt Olivier Dacourt away from Leeds.

source: soccerage.com

Are they f*cking with us?
He was going to Roma, now he is joining Arsenal...do you know what? Now I really think that he is going to stay at Juventus.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
OK- I haven't been able to follow the media lately, but what is it Davids has done here Mikey ? I don't know when he stated or made it known that he desired to leave Juve- on the contrary, when he was asked in the end of last season and right after the season, he said that he wanted to stay and would stay.
Are you hinting to his red cards and the CL problems, or the statements from when he was momentarily a bench player ?
Again- I haven't been following that much, but what makes you so adamant Davids has forced his way out ?

Either way- I feel it's ludicrous to see us sign Moretti and look for the star defenders, while also seing that Zambro is injured, Amoruso and Miccoli sent to Perugia for Blasi, and us not having signed anything for the offensive sector.
I know that Moggi wants to play it cool until the cash strapped clubs are forced to sell, but I just hope it won't backfire, cause we dearly need more creativity in the squad.

Ciao.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Glen, remember last season, a certain French player talked about how he would end his career at Juventus? Players don't know the meaning of loyalty these days, so I don't really care what he says - it's his actions that concern me.

Before the World Cup it was fairly well known, in Italy at least, that Davids had come to a pre-contract agreement with Roma, we're not talking mere paper talk. He's spoken about a desire to play in Rome for Roma and link up again with Capello. He more or less told Juve he wants a transfer to Roma or nothing!

Don't get me wrong, I would dearly love Edgar to remain but my point of view is , as with any player, if you want to go, then go. Generally, Davids had a poor season, certainly by his standards, but towards the end his form was improving and we were seeing the old pitbull - as one of my favourites players this made me extremely happy.

Then came the remarks by Sensi and the reports of pre-contract agreements - let's face it he's going.:depress:

·
Registered
112 Posts
True, Edgar is leaving us. After we've made him thousands of favours he is leaving us. We represented him with 'big' lawyers in more than one case against him (dopping, wife-beating) to save him from jail. More importantly we saved his career and turned him from a nobody into a star.

And he is leaving us for what? Glory? I doubt that, as we are better placed to win trophies than Roma are, seeing ofcourse that we are the latest champions.

WHy Edgaaaaar??? And why choose one of our fiercest rivals to play for. He is certainly going to play against us next season if he signs for Roma.

Davids is walking on Zidane's footsteps.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Cool Mikey. My prob. was that I'd never heard about any publicized pre-contracts. If Davids has indeed agreed to a such I will say that it's disappointing, but maybe not impossible to understand seing how Lippi chose Tudor over Davids, and didn't even maintain Davids as a regular before injuries forced him to when he came back to form. No matter what- if he wants out- I hope Moggi makes Sensi do ludicrous things to get him, or that he goes to another league with us getting quality in return.

One note though- Sensi saying this or taht with regards to a Juve player doesn't mean much to me. It's wellknown how Moggi screwed him over while leaving Roma, and Sensi wants to get back at him. I will wait calmly...

:)

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
We all know that Juventus isn't a club who never appriciate their players. They sold anyone who they think they're no longer worth it to the club, like this Davids.

And that's why most of ex-players from Juve became a Juve Hater.

I wish, Juventus can be like Milan. They really appriciate Paolo Maldini and even Baresi.:depress:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Despite of his harsh personality, Edgar Davids is a very good and strong mid-fielder player. In my honest opinion, he is the one of the key player that make Juventus succeeded to get the scudetto title this year. He made a good partnership with Nedved in coordinating mid-field offense and defense. It's very dear if Juventus let him leave and sell him to another club.

To tell the truth, I am not sure there plenty of mid-fielders in the world that can play at the same quality level as him. Patrick Vieira is a good choice, but he is very unlikely to leave Arsenal this time since he had just won 'double' and held the position of squad captaincy.

I am not sure in what position Davids will play if he really joined A.S. Roma. Roma already had Emerson and they just signed Guardiola....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Sensi still eager for Edgar Wednesday 3 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Franco Sensi has said that Edgar Davids is the only missing piece in the new Roma jigsaw.

The Giallorossi are desperate to complete the signing of the Juventus midfielder but have as of yet to agree terms with the Bianconeri.

"We will try everything in order to get the Dutchman," said Sensi. "He would complete our transfer campaign in a summer where there has been a general change in market strategies.

"We can only go up to a certain point in the Davids deal. We really can’t go any further and this change on the transfer front should see all clubs alter their way of dealing with sales and purchases."

The Olimpico outfit are said to have offered £10m plus midfielder Francisco Lima for the midfielder. However, Juve want £13.5m and the Brazilian player.

Roma have made four major signings this summer and will officially present Bombardini (Palermo), Sartor (Parma), Dellas (Perugia) and Gaurdiola (Brescia) all on Thursday.

"We have signed some great players and strengthened every department of the side," continued the capital chief.

"We have improved a squad that was already competitive last season, moving on a market where no one has yet to make any real signings."

Sensi also added that the club’s best buy was that of Christian Panucci. The international now belongs to Roma after he spent last season on loan from Monaco.

channel4 ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts