Xtratime Community banner

Who should be benched?

• Cocu

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Xavi

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marquez (Cocu would move to centerback)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Van Bronckhorst ( Cocu would move to leftback)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Xavi, IMO. Cocu is not a defender, he's a good midfielder and he can't play in defense. So the question is: Xavi or Iniesta? Personally, I trust a lot in Andres, I think he will be a top player soon... if we let him.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the feeling that FR will never bench Cocu (along with VB, Ronnie and Puyol have been the only consistent selections). But maybe Cocu will move to the back and Marquez would be benched. Personally I would bench Xavi and put COcu in front of the defense, moving Davids to the left and leaving Iniesta on the right, or maybe move to the right Ronaldinho like FR did against Zaragoza, leaving Iniesta as the advanced midfielder.

·
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
I have the feeling that FR will never bench Cocu (along with VB, Ronnie and Puyol have been the only consistent selections). But maybe Cocu will move to the back and Marquez would be benched. Personally I would bench Xavi and put COcu in front of the defense, moving Davids to the left and leaving Iniesta on the right, or maybe move to the right Ronaldinho like FR did against Zaragoza, leaving Iniesta as the advanced midfielder.
I totally agree with you. Besides, Cocu is an excellent midifielder and a poor defense.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
for me bench Xavi. He holds the more central role of the 3 and with Davids stamina, speed on ball hell be able to charge up and down the middle more effectively than Xavi. Leave Iniesta on the right as he must play and Cocu in time would be changed by Motta who has a similar game

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This is probably irrelevant, but if it´s 4-4-2 with Davids and Motta then which one will play on the left side since they both prefer that position (same applies to Cocu I guess)? Please post your midfield formations if possible!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
tonight Davids will enter as sub. The person he replaces will be the likely person who he will in the starting lineup

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like Iniesta will be the one benched as he is asking to get subbed after an injury in the game against Levante. What a pitty.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
It looks like Iniesta will be the one benched as he is asking to get subbed after an injury in the game against Levante. What a pitty.
I heard the press conference with the doc and Iniesta should not be out for any games. He has a "sobrecarga" so its like a tiredness or soreness of the muscles and just a little rest and he should be fine. Hopefully :)

·
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Yes, he might play next match, it would be decided today. But he said he has played several matches with this problem.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I want to keep Iniesta on the pitch. He's too talented to be benched. When Motta returnes, I want him and Davids to play together in centralmidfield. Xavi should get his fair share of minutes. Also Cocu will get time since we don't know anything about Davids physical condition and the fact that he can't play in Europe. I'd rather see him as left fullback until Rijkaard starts to use Nvarro.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts