Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edgar Davids claims his training ground bust-up with Tottenham team-mate Robbie Keane has benefited Martin Jol's team as they seek to clinch a place in the Champions League next season.

Tottenham have managed to remain in the top six all season but last December their ambitions appeared to be under threat from within the camp when Davids and Keane traded blows in a training ground incident that forced Jol to read them the riot act.

A heated argument between the duo during a practice match continued to fester as the players returned to the Spurs Lodge dressing rooms.

The ill-feeling then spilled over into a brawl before fellow team-mates separated the feuding stars. Keane was left with red marks on his face and Jol later ordered them to patch up their differences in his office before the home game with Sunderland.

Keane, who signed a new four-year contract on Friday, later played down the row but now Davids has insisted the bust-up did nothing but good for the squad, saying: "It is a very good thing that happened between me and Robbie Keane.

"We had an argument and then we spoke about it. It is good because he said something that was on his chest and then I said what was on mine. We didn't beat about the bush. We had a discussion, we talked about it, it was over and down with and we moved on. Now the relationship with Robbie and I is even better. We have both grown from that discussion."

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I met/saw him last week. He wears pink socks, can't be all that scary? :D

Nice car tho'!

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
but why didn't you talk to him? surely you can't be scared of a man wearing pink socks :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts