Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRAINING: DAVIDS, VIERI WITH SQUAD
Wednesday, 27 April 2005 17:22:39

[FOTO Wednesday, 27 April 2005 17:22:39] APPIANO GENTILE - After this morning's athletic training session, the Nerazzurri were back on the pitch at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre for a session of warm-up exercises followed by some tactical work, ball possession exercises and a practice match ( Karagounis, J. Zanetti , Kily González, Martins, Vieri [2] and Cruz all scored).

Several players did separate sessions after training with the squad this morning. Francesco Coco did not work with the others after complaining of a pain in his ankle. Zé Maria rested as a precaution due to a slight knee problem, while Dejan Stankovic did some specific athletic work.

Edgar Davids and Christian Vieri were back with the squad this afternoon and did the entire session with their teammates. Andy van der Meyde had therapy, while Adriano did individual technique exercises plus specific work in the gym.

Alvaro Recoba did not train this afternoon after completing his daily programme this morning.

inter.it
--------------------------------------------------------------------
discuss

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It was reported that he was injured. He has now returned but with Cambiasso's present form Mancini will not use Davids. If Davids plays, he might get a run in the Coppa Italia but I do not think Mancini will suddenly start fielding him.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
mancini has many to choose from. davids in form is obviously one of the best in the world but the players there right now seem to be a wiser choice.

·
Registered
8,939 Posts
He might be back with the Inter squad but it still doesnt change Mancio's view of him. Also when he was played earlier in the season his performances were very average, so form wise i think he has no chance of being fielded in the rest of the Serie A matches, but he can still hope for Coppa Italia game time.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
i wonder why he came back from holland :googly:
i thought he would never return , well its as good as having him in holland , cuz mancio aint gonna play him anyway , not with veron and cambiasso and CZ shining in midfield like they are !
it would be a miracle if he even got a few minutes on the pitch,.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I wonder if he brought some of that smoke back with him from holland. :pp

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
what smoke?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
do you think holland clubs allow there players to smoke weed

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Blah this is typical Inter, once the coach gets a bit shaky Moratti starts making his usual sugestions about what players should play, I expect Recoba to to come back soon and get more playing time as well, if Mancio rejects some of Moratti´s ideas, he falls out of favour with the boss and the sligthest mistakes will cost Mancini his job.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neil Down said:
Blah this is typical Inter, once the coach gets a bit shaky Moratti starts making his usual sugestions about what players should play, I expect Recoba to to come back soon and get more playing time as well, if Mancio rejects some of Moratti´s ideas, he falls out of favour with the boss and the sligthest mistakes will cost Mancini his job.
Ive also had a hunch that moratti meddles with the coach's tactics.

why get wingers when recoba can play a wide role? not very defensive, but its something...

the reason i posted this is because i heard that davids said he didnt want to be selected anymore, and he will not travel with the squad, and he will go back to holland, etc.

:neutral:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Beraht, you are not seriously asking whether Dutch clubs would allow their players to smoke cannabis are you? All drugs are banned arent they? Recreational and performance enhancing.

Recoba cant play out wide. Cuper played him on the left for a whole season and he was not very effective. In my opinion, the only positions Recoba should play are as a striker or playing just behind the front duo as he used to do for Uruguay.

As for Davids, let him sulk back to Holland. At the beginning of the season he would have been thinking: "If I can start for the Old *lut of Italian football and Barcelona, I can surely start for Inter". Cambiasso put those illusions to bed. When Davids has played he has been terribly out of touch with it appearing as if he no longer trains. He does not deserve to play letalone be in the starting eleven.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
If you notice Recoba when he played in his Cuper days the only times he was brilliant he had to always move towards the center of the pitch. He was hardly ever a threat from the outside, other than a few crosses i can think of. But he's wasted if all you ask of him is good pinpoint crosses, esp now that Vieir is gone.

·
Registered
8,939 Posts
Even when Recoba was played in a more central position, u could see that he still loved to drift out wide on many occassions.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
With Mancini at the helm, Recoba can dream about wearing an Inter shirt more than 500 mins a season :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Recoba on a left midfield role in ultradefensive antifootball Cuper team even though he is a forward. then calling him inconsistent when he somehow manages 16 assists and 9 goals from that position in last season under Cuper.

Hmm...

Its like expecting Jan Zelezny in his prime to break the world record, whilst throwing the javelin 10 metres behind everyone else on a day when the wind is going against him.

The fact that he still came out with some great results and got the attention of the world, tells you what he and Vieri could of achieved alongside each other at their peaks for a whole season.

IMO these hyped up talents of today don't have shit on Chino at his peak, seriously this guy is just cursed. If he left with Ronaldo in 2002 he'd win the Balon D'or in his first season at Man Utd Barca Arsenal wherever. Pirlo and Seedorf are jokes compared to him.

·
Registered
45,628 Posts
Faisal said:
Recoba on a left midfield role in ultradefensive antifootball Cuper team even though he is a forward. then calling him inconsistent when he somehow manages 16 assists and 9 goals from that position in last season under Cuper.

Hmm...

Its like expecting Jan Zelezny in his prime to break the world record, whilst throwing the javelin 10 metres behind everyone else on a day when the wind is going against him.

The fact that he still came out with some great results and got the attention of the world, tells you what he and Vieri could of achieved alongside each other at their peaks for a whole season.

IMO these hyped up talents of today don't have shit on Chino at his peak, seriously this guy is just cursed. If he left with Ronaldo in 2002 he'd win the Balon D'or in his first season at Man Utd Barca Arsenal wherever. Pirlo and Seedorf are jokes compared to him.
Amen.

Recoba was pllayed with ultradefensive tactics and was deployed in a midfield which was instructed only to defend or boot it up. And he still came up with results. That's a hell of an achievement when you consider how defensive we were. We were even more defensive than any classic catenaccio team.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Faisal said:
Hmm...

that was a GEM of a comparison.
kudos

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Good point. Maybe Recoba could work. At this point, Recoba would best be an Esposito type player.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts