·
Registered
5,797 Posts
He's better than Ramsey, fact.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
He's been compared with Roberto Baggio.

Personally I think that's an insult to Petrucci.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Better than Totti at the same age, apparently.
i love it when people say that :) people love overrating youngsters !!! am not sayn this kid isn't a gun but u never know how he will turn out id love to talk to a scout that said that about him see what flaws totti had at that age and why is he Davide Petrucci better!!! ???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Pleased if this is a done deal, interesting to see how him and macheda will link up.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
which team's do u go for again ?? have fun in seria B chump! :thumbsup:
Hey, I was just helping a brother out. Shane was being sarcastic and you didn't seem to notice such a 'subtlety' so I decided to give you a push in the right direction, so to speak. I do hate misunderstandings, so my post was purely for the sake of clarity. No need to get so uptight, we all overlook some things now and again :)

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
which team's do u go for again ?? have fun in seria B chump! :thumbsup:

That's uncalled for. :nono:

:howler:

Hey, I was just helping a brother out. Shane was being sarcastic and you didn't seem to notice such a 'subtlety' so I decided to give you a push in the right direction, so to speak. I do hate misunderstandings, so my post was purely for the sake of clarity. No need to get so uptight, we all overlook some things now and again :)

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Does anybody else think we have a bit of a neck complaining about RM (even though they are really annoying) and then poaching the best talent in italy and spain (cause they cant offer pro contracts!). Differant situations but at the end of the day still taking advantage of vague rulings on the signing of players!!
Nothing like it. The rules are the same for everyone.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Roma furious over Man Utd's capture for 'new Totti'
tribalfooball.com - June 13, 2008

Roma are furious with Manchester United's capture of youngster Davide Petrucci.

United will pay Petrucci £95,000 a year and will cover the cost of regular flights home to Italy. The deal is the maximum permissible offer for a youth-team player. Roma will receive around £200,000 in compensation but the move has caused fury.

"It is a nightmare," said Il Romanista, a newspaper dedicated to Roma. "Manchester United have dealt us another low blow, stealing Petrucci from under our noses, probably the best product of our youth system. In three to four years, he will be worth 100 times as much."

Petrucci, who comes from the San Basilio suburb of Rome, has been compared to a young Francesco Totti and could have made the first-team squad next year. However, Roma offered him a contract worth only £16,000 a year, the basic youth-team deal. Petrucci was also said to be concerned that he had not already been called up to the first team. Totti made his debut in 1993 when he was 16.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Nothing like it. The rules are the same for everyone.
Yeh but is it in Italy they cant offer a pro contract until players are over 18 or something like that?

Madrid Shamelessly tap up players, I know signing them is differant but it still seems at the end of the day we are pillaging smaller clubs for their star youngsters.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Petrucci: United Wanted Me More Than Roma
Italian propsect Davide Petrucci has confirmed that he has inked a deal that he will see him switch from Roma's academy to that of Manchester United.

AS Roma daily Il Romanista has blasted United for "stealing the youngster", contending that "in three or four years, [Petrucci] will be worth 100 times as much."

Petrucci, however, effectively stated that he made the decision based on his assessment that the English giants seemed to value him more that the Italian capital club, for whom he scored 14 goals in 19 youth team matches last season.

United have reportedly paid £200,000 for the 16-year-old prodigy, who will be offered £95,000 per year, plus all expenses paid for the youngster to fly home to Italy on a regular basis. Not to mention that United went the extra mile by securing employment for the youngster's father.

"Going to play for the strongest club in the world is a great opportunity for me," trumpeted Petrucci.

"It was hard to say no, even though I am a Roma fan and would have gladly stayed with them throughout my career.

"United have offered my father Stefano a job as a gardener and he will accompany me.

"I will go over on June 30 and start in United's academy the next day," he added.

"A month ago Roma offered me a contract on the minimum wage and they did not say how long it was for.

"I asked for a bit of time to consider it, as United's offer had already been made, but they gave me just three days.

"Roma closed the door on my while United opened another. They could have valued me more highly."

Some quotes around about him wanting to play with Ronaldo also, which everyone who's signed for United in the last year or so has mentioned as a big factor in signing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.