Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now I see him ending up like a another Totti - absolutely brilliant player, won the World Cup, but never got the world wide recognition he deserved because he chose to stay loyal to his club.

It's a crime to even compare Villa to players like Torres, who only get more recognition because of the club they play for and EPL media exposure.

Villa is in his prime and simply must move to a big club like Tottenham, Real Madrid, Man City, Milan, Barca, Liverpool, Bayern, etc.

·
Registered
44,973 Posts
Villa is in his prime and simply must move to a big club like Tottenham, Real Madrid, Man City, Milan, Barca, Liverpool, Bayern, etc.
:howler::thumbsup:

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed, Tottenham are big club and it's all about the exposure - Tottenham get a lot of world wide media exposure because of the EPL marketing machine,

Villa would be a household name at Tottenham, and with Modric, would reach the Champions League regularly.

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, calm down, he's not even the best forward in Spain.
:confused:

Who is better? I'd argue Ibra is at his level but they are different players.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Indeed, Tottenham are big club and it's all about the exposure - Tottenham get a lot of world wide media exposure because of the EPL marketing machine,

Villa would be a household name at Tottenham, and with Modric, would reach the Champions League regularly.
Yeah, even though I don't agree that Tottenham are bigger than Valencia, he will become an instant mega-star if he does move there.

But he said, he doesn't want too much media exposure and isn't too keen moving to England either.

The best striker in the world can play at clubs like Valencia, there's nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
lol, calm down, he's not even the best forward in Spain.
2003–04[106] 38 16
2004–05[17] 35 15
2005–06[107] 35 25
2006–07[108] 36 16
2007–08[109] 28 18
2008–09[4] 33 28
2009–10[4] 22 17

7 consecutive leauge seasons with more than 15 goals.. thats surreal consistency.
Has anyone else ever done it in Spain? This is a genuine question!
Outside of Spain i can think only of Henry in recent times and that's it.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
A bit of both Benjie, Madrid were too stubborn to increase their price by 5 million last summer.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Is Villa staying loyal to Valencia, or has a team really not offered Valencia enough money to offload him?
The latter.

Villa was in tears when his move to Barcelona fell through. Casillas also said that he was upset about Florentino going for Benzema instead of him.

I do believe he loves Valencia and that is why he didn't make a fuss about staying, but no doubt he has been ready for that big move to Barca or Madrid for quite some time now. The problem for Villa is that he doesn't want to go to England, he has been very close to Barca and Madrid and I feel sorry for him that it hasn't worked out for one reason or another.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
He wasn't in tears. Read this:

"I could not spend all summer refuting things, so I wanted to be quiet," Villa said at a press conference.

"I depended on the decision of the club, they have decided for me to stay and I am glad for the goals I have at the start of the season.

"I was told I should leave Valencia for the good of the club, soon after that everything changed and from that moment on I never saw myself out of here."

Villa insists that he does not feel like he has lost an opportunity to play for a bigger club, saying that he has never "felt himself a player of any club", except Valencia.

"There is no train missed because all I have achieved is because of Valencia and the Spanish national team so I do not think any train has passed," he noted.

"I am happy and eager. I have been sincere in everything and, from now on, it's over. Last summer was similar to this one, I spent four months with the same story, but from now on this matter is over."

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
am surprised u put Man city in there, at least limit it to CL teams...

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Villa seems to have softened on England from recent comments.

Can see him going to Chelsea, United or Man City in the summer.

Spurs is pretty :howler: and I <3 Spurs.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
2003–04[106] 38 16
2004–05[17] 35 15
2005–06[107] 35 25
2006–07[108] 36 16
2007–08[109] 28 18
2008–09[4] 33 28
2009–10[4] 22 17

7 consecutive leauge seasons with more than 15 goals.. thats surreal consistency.
Has anyone else ever done it in Spain? This is a genuine question!
Outside of Spain i can think only of Henry in recent times and that's it.
Probably Totti.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Ah well, I didn't check. That's why I put probably. Also, I wasn't sure if it was just league goals.

·
Professional Pirate
7,100 Posts
Only cause he was injured most of the season or playing on one leg.

Wiki has it as :

07/08 : 25 games played 14 goals
08/09 : 24 games played 13 goals
09/10 : 15 games played 10 goals

All in Serie A.

Not bad for a pass first player :)

Villa is a beast though.No lie and that Spain jersey is sexy.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts