Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i read in the papers that Trez needs 3 more goals to become our leading foreign goalscorer in Juve's history. The reason i created this thread is because i always believed and thought that Trez is underrated and doesn't get the credit he deserves :irritate: :irritate: :irritate: . i am not refering to our supporters who have shown their affection to Trez :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: BUT to the football world in general. The guy is playing in the most defense-minded league in the world, where the defenders do not leave you space even to think, and nevertheless for six years he delivers week in week out. I am especially frustrated :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: when i watch all the praise that, for example, Van Nistelrooy gets in Man Utd............How on earth can you praise somebody scoring in the EPL??? The defences there are comical to say the least :jester: :jester: :jester: . Of course he receives all this praise because he plays for Man Utd, and we all know that every player wearing the manure jersey is treated like a God. I can only imagine what would take place if Trez was playing for them :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I am happy that the Juve faithful realises what treasure we have at our disposal(we should thank Don Fabio too :star: , for those who do not remember 2 years ago Moggi was ready to sell him to Barcelona ONLY for Capello to intervene and say to Lucky Luciano that Trez is INDISPENSABLE for him). I know that i cannot control which players will get praised or receive credit from the mass media(i am not Ted Turner or Murdoch) BUT i cannot stand the fact that Trez is treated so unfairly and doesn't get the recognition he deserves from the "FOOTBALL EXPERTS" :jester: :jester: :jester: .

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Trezeguet is the best finisher in the world, period.

2001-2002, top scorer of serie a with 24 goals, NO PENALTIES.

hopefully this year 2005-2006, till now 20 goals, NO PENALTIES.

and he scored over 100 goals since he's been with us since 2000, lad's talented i must say :thumbsup: + he's only 27.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Good thread Reignman!

Players like Trez are always underrated, something Trez himself is a perfect example of. He scores like no one other, but as soon as a best striker list is talked about, Trez is never included in it. Outrageus really! I mean 24 goals from open play just in Serie A, I don't know when that happened before but it must have been long ago. This year I also believe he has scored most in Serie A from open play this year as well as I believe Toni is the penalty shooter in Fiorentina.

Le Roi David Trezeguet - a permanent fixture in the history books of Juventus :star:

·
Administrator
52,421 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Demandred said:
Trez is phenomenal, I've always said that. His consistency given his position on the field is superhuman.
And I'll vouch for that. In every Trez thread there's been in XT for a long while, you see Demandred popping in full of praise for the french predator. ;)

·
Administrator
52,421 Posts
I'll vouch for that too, because its easy to remember the occasions he praises someone or something about Juve ;) :D

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
20 goals (so far) for a team that can barely string a few creative passes together takes a special kind of player. Well done Daveed!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I use Trezeguet as a sort fo benchmark for great scoring ability. When I see someone missing a chance I have a habit of saying "If it was Trezeguet, that would have been a goal". I know, I know, I am a danmed fanboy but I can't help it. ;) Too bad he plays for Juventus and France, though. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
whats more impressive is that when he first joined, he wasnt a starter at the club until Lippi returned and sold Inzaghi and Kovacevic.

so realistically thinking about it, he has never been a in team who create a lot. Even when Nedved was at his best, the team wasn't super creative like Barca are for example. So for Trezeguet to consistently score the way he has when playing a full season, it is very impressive and not many have been able to do this consistently in Serie A.

Jern, you are correct regarding him only scoring and not doing anything else. But the way i see it is that he is an out and out striker. Just like Inzaghi, Vieri, Batigol in their prime in Serie A, that is their job. He isnt there to create for others or get the ball deep and create something. That is what Del Piero and others have been in the team for.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
CUG said:
Jern, you are correct regarding him only scoring and not doing anything else. But the way i see it is that he is an out and out striker. Just like Inzaghi, Vieri, Batigol in their prime in Serie A, that is their job. He isnt there to create for others or get the ball deep and create something. That is what Del Piero and others have been in the team for.
I was being funny, putting the ball in the net is the hardest job in football, in a lot of cases it is just something you are born with. ;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Fair enough, its just that Trez has always been criticised for not getting involved enough in games a lot in these forums.

But you are correct, some strikers have it all but cant seem to finish...I remember Boksic, he had so much skill, pace, height...he had everything, but couldnt finish if his life depended on it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts