Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you rate him?

I brought up this question because he is retourning back to action after 3 months. In that time our attack was very weak compared to the start of the season when trezeguet was scoring like mad, and we had an average of like 2,5 -3 goals a game. He is also a great finisher and has had one of the best goals per game ratio of all strikers in seria A. He is also proven on the intrenational stage, he won the WC and scored the wining goal against Italy for the EC 2000. He was avarage in the wc 2002 , but he scored at the EC in portugal again.

But he has his problems, his passing skills are simply "out of thi world" and he gets injured quite a lot.

His greatest acomplishemnts

World Cup 1998 in France - Champion
Euro cup 2000 in Netherlands - Champion
Transfer to Juve in 2000 :shades:
2 times Scudeto winner
Best goalscorer of Seria A in season 2001/02
2 times Coppa Italia finalist
Champions League Final in 2003

Great acomplishents for a player just 27 years old. and he probably won something in France aswell

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
he is a great marksman, ike rvn, same style, though i prefer trez cuz he has some technique.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you, he is simillarr to Van Nistelroy but I still rate RVN a litle bit higher because he is more of a leader then Trezeguet.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
cuz manure got ONLY rvn :D

we got zlatan-del piero and zalayeta.

·
Registered
786 Posts
sorry mate!we got saha,smith rooney and RVN, come on man zalayeta? he shouldnt be in juve in the first place! maybe the b squad. he got lucky this year with a few goals.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Trez is world class without a doubt! Obviously up there with the best strikers in the world.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
trez is great in the box...to me i believe he has lossed a little compared to what he used to have when he first joined the club. the season where he scored 30 goals plus, he seemed to move better and he got more involved in the games. But nowadays, even though he still scores a lot, some games it seems juve has 10 men on the field because he really doesnt get involved enough.

once he is back, i think juve will score a lot more because he is a pure striker and goal scorer, whereas Zlatan and del piero are more creative players and dont score as much.

btw, zalayeta has done for himself this season. he isnt a freak, but he isnt crap either.

·
Administrator
53,059 Posts
shustryak said:
he is a good player, one of the best finisher. but sometimes he is not consistent that his only problem...
He is consistent in scoring and thats the only thing that matters really.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
IMO he is the most overated strikers in the world, but I have a venetta against him and a few other strikers (Carew :)?) for some reason.

Sometimes he misses the easiest chances in the world, and sometimes he can finish with aplomb. I still don't like :).

·
Registered
791 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
IMO he is the most overated strikers in the world, but I have a venetta against him and a few other strikers (Carew :)?) for some reason.

Sometimes he misses the easiest chances in the world, and sometimes he can finish with aplomb. I still don't like :).
He is better than any striker Chelski have to offer :wallbang:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Clearly One of best finisher in the world.but he isn"t best footballer
his finish skill is no.1 in the Penalty area

He will be king if Midfielder"s help
but He will be suck player except Midfieler"s help

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I don't think he's been bad for the national team, he des the thing he is excpected to do score goals. In fact if you look at his stats he was consistant through his entire career.His probably the best striker when it comes to heading and his finishing skills are also among top 5. But even with these stats, he is unfarly treated as the third choice striker by many Juve fans, when in fact he is probably the best. He doent get nearly as much exposure as Van Nistelrooy and it's a shame that he is so underrated.

David Trezeguet

France

Caps: 41
Goals: 21
Goals/Game ratio: 0,51
+
A golden goal that brought France the Euro. Is he really bad internatuionaly?

Monaco*

Caps: 84
Goals: 52
Goals/Game ratio: 0,62

* I didn't count his first two years with Monaco when he made less then 10 aperances all together, mostly as a sub

Juventus

Caps: 105
Goals: 64
Goals/Game ratio: 0,61

International cups:
Caps: 51
Goals. 25
Goals/Game ratio. 0,49

His goal/game ratio in total: 0,58

1 - 20 of 29 Posts