Xtratime Community banner

David Trezeguet: Our new striker?

4K views 108 replies 38 participants last post by  La Porque 
#1 ·
Rumours of David Trezeguet arriving here are hot. Apparently, the contract talks between Juventus and Trezeguet's agent have stopped and Juventus have agreed to sell Trezeguet to Barça. And now, Juve are searching for a new striker.

This is more than your ordinary rumour, so I think it's appropriate if we make a new thread about it.

So what are your thoughts on this? :eek:

#52 ·
He's definitely not what we need,i think it's just a rumor.No way we'd really go for him,it would be a huge mistakeApart from his pace,he's not better than Kluivert in any department(perhaps hes scoring most,i don't actually know his stats bu they must not be that high in the dutch league).He would be very expensive for his services and what kind of improvement would that be?

The fact that Frank doesn't want Trezegol(i've read this a lot) might be the only reason of not signing him and if Txiki and the board trust him so much he better have a better alternative we can afford,which is impossible.I just hope this deal doesn't break,as i've said it will prove to be a huge signing for us and a total comeback for Trez's carreer IMO

#53 ·
Lord, please bless Trezeguet with a injury-free season this year and the next. Let him find the path of goal, oh Lord, so he can make everyone happy and justify his high salary like Ronaldinho has.

Amen

#54 ·
Re: Barcelona ready to make Juventus striker Highest paid

Umarnino said:
Tribalfootball.com - March 26, 2004

Barcelona have reportedly tabled their contract offer to Juventus star David Trezeguet.
Spanish press reports suggest a deal worth £2.3 million-a-year has been tabled, which also includes bonuses based on success and appearances.

It is a similar deal to what Ronaldinho is on and will make Trezeguet the highest paid player at the Nou Camp.

That is in stark difference to what he is earning at Juve, with the Frenchman's salary still one of the lowest at the club.
Ronaldinho isn't the highest paid player at the Camp Nou. I believe Kluivert still is. Davids is requesting 3 million per year for the seasons to come, but then again: he's a free agent next year.

#55 ·
trezeguet has been great for juventus. the only reason why he is leaving is because juve is going through a transition again, which is common at the club. juve is in need of some funds to help rebuild the team again. trezeguet isnt the only star who will be leaving. add nedved and thuram to that list also. as much as moggi is playing down that these two wont leave, i think juve is going to have a major overhaul.

when you buy trezeguet, you know what to expect. he'll finish chances when given the opportunity. he isnt fast, and he isnt very active upfront. i personally dont feel its a good idea to isolate him upfront as he isnt a strong player, and lack of pace doesnt help him out either.

but i'm only basing this on what i see at juve. for france he can play upfront alone as henry, zidane and pires give him plenty of support.

in the end, you are basically getting the best striker possible on the market. Zlatan, cavenaghi, gilardino, torres and so on are young, but they are not anywhere near as proven like trezeguet is. Vieri could be on the market, but he is 31 years old, i dont see him as a good option anymore.

i'll be sad to see trezegol leave juve, it means that we wont have a striker who can score 25 goals in serie A per season (which isnt very common in serie A).

at barca, with RG, saviola and others, i think he'll get plenty of service and you expect trez to score 25 goals easily.

#58 ·
Diario Sport says today that he has already agree to come to Barcelona. Juve is informed of the Barcelona movements and they could have a meeting soon. The agreement is not near, but both clubs have given themselves time, because it is still soon.

It seems that the first offer is 10 million €. Juve wants 20 million. Also a player could be included in the operation, Sport talk about Gabri, Motta or Kluivert.

#59 ·
polaris said:
Trez scored 2 goals today that 99% of other players would miss. Just make the chance for him, and he will score. I think La Liga is suited for this style. He makes good runs also, so through balls are important.
The header?? Shit it wasnt that hard.

#61 ·
:)

The variety of rumours is really something. Both in terms of fees and counter items. Italian press reports that Barca's offer is € 27million- here I see fees between 10-20... which makes absolutely no sense. The only reason Juventus would be selling Trez is an unreal sum that could finance our squad rebuilding.

In any case- nothing will be decided before it's clear what happens with Lippi.

#63 ·
"Trezeguet llegará al Camp Nou en plena madurez, con cuatro años de experiencia en un grande como la Juventus y con todo a favor, en el terreno personal, para tener una adaptación rápida, pues habla perfectamente el español y su esposa es alicantina."

Diario Sport - Josep M. Casanova

Trezeguet will arrive to Camp Nou in his maturity, with 4 matches in a big team like Juventus and everything in his favour, in the personal side, to have a fast adaption, because he speaks Spanish perfectly and his wife is ALICANTINA.

Buy him NOW!

:D

#65 · (Edited)
Barcelona talks today over Juventus star Trez
tribalfootball.com - March 31, 2004

Barcelona president Joan Laporta will meet with Juventus officials today to discuss David Trezeguet's transfer.
Laporta has already conducted negotiations with Juve at the last G-14 summit and is close to striking an agreement with the Turin giants for French star Trezeguet.

A meeting is scheduled for today between Laporta and Juve chief Roberto Bettega.

Its understood a tentative agreement has already been struck, with Barca offering �0„510 million cash, plus a choice of one player from Gabri, Thiago Motta and Patrick Kluivert.

===============

Caliendo: Trezeguet Hasn't Signed For Juve
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

03/30/2004. Antonio Caliendo, the French striker's former agent is convinced that Trezeguet's future isn't with Juventus.

"I can't say anything for sure but it's certain that he hasn't signed for Juventus," he said. "I think that David is behaving as a professional and he will announce his decision in June and I think that he will play for Barcelona next year".

SA Italy

soccerage

================

i think it's a done deal...

#68 ·
I hope I´m wrong, but he is not a great finisher and I doubt he will be much better than Kluivert/Saviola

Barça needs to buy awesome players like Ronaldinho, not settle for mediocre players. And its not even a question of money if they look around they can find solid players in arg/bra league

#69 ·
Liternit said:
I hope I´m wrong, but he is not a great finisher and I doubt he will be much better than Kluivert/Saviola

Barça needs to buy awesome players like Ronaldinho, not settle for mediocre players. And its not even a question of money if they look around they can find solid players in arg/bra league
Trez is one of the most natural finishers around. And Kluivert has had his day.

#70 ·
really? I never seen him score winning match goals often, eurocup aside, and I have seen him miss quite some easy goals.

he is an okay striker, I was hoping to see barça with a classy striker ala Shev/Ronaldo. Someone close to a one goal per match ratio type of player.

#71 ·
Liternit said:
really? I never seen him score winning match goals often, eurocup aside, and I have seen him miss quite some easy goals.

he is an okay striker, I was hoping to see barça with a classy striker ala Shev/Ronaldo. Someone close to a one goal per match ratio type of player.
shev's ratio isnt 1 goal a game, dont think its even close to that

#72 ·
I said close, like .70 something Trez has not done in Serie A with consistency. I can´t comment on it since I don´t know how injury prone he is or how many times he was off form not playing

I rather see an old player like Vieri than Trez, Vieri is very smart has a great 1-2 and usually scores when set up 1 on 1 with a keeper. Too bad he is old and prone to injuries, but thats the type of player Barça should go after!

#73 ·
Liternit Sheva has had his shitty seasons in Milan as well,it has not always been great for him there and i don't think overall his stats are better than Trez's

Trez is France's NT first scorer ahead of Henry and some of them have been extremely important and in big matches.I think in a new start in Barça with feeding from Ronaldinho,Xavi and even Saviola he can come back to his best and score near 25 goals.The guy has done that even in Serie A.Even this season with his injuries the guy has scored something like 13 goals..both our strikers have scored that much

I admit his speciality are tap ins,headers and clinical finishing overall and he's not as talented as Henry and Ronaldo but that's excactly what we want.IMO RVN has proved less in his carreer and is definitely not a better striker,i would only pick Ronaldo or Henry and Shevcenko on his current form before him.

I say all these because he's the only world class and established striker we can get and it seems that we are the only to have come out publicly about our interest.Moggi has started to say lately he won't be sold but even if he does,Trez will have a great Euro IMO and there will be competition for him

#74 ·
Juventus block Trez sale Wednesday 31 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet will not join Barcelona in the summer says Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi.

Reports in Spain insists that a £20m fee has already been agreed but the Bianconeri official maintains that is not true.

"There has been no contact with the Catalan club and therefore no negotiations are taking place," he told Radio Barcelona.

"It is highly possible that Barca are interested in the player but there is an abyss between that and a sale.

"A lot of clubs are keen on Trezeguet but I can guarantee that we will not be selling him. He will remain with Juventus."

There are doubts over the French international’s future in Turin given his current contract situation.

He is only tied to the Delle Alpi outfit until 2005 and no agreement has yet been reached over an extension.

That means the Old Lady must offer him a new deal before the start of next term or they run the risk of losing him for nothing next year.

Meanwhile, contract talks are continuing between the club and young midfielder Enzo Maresca.

His present deal also expires in 2005 but reports claim that an agreement should be reached, possibly after Easter.

channel4 :D

#75 · (Edited)
Liternit said:
I said close, like .70 something Trez has not done in Serie A with consistency. I can´t comment on it since I don´t know how injury prone he is or how many times he was off form not playing
Just for comparison's sake....stats from gazetta.it for Serie A

Trez: 61 goals in 94 appearances = .649 goals/app
http://www.gazzetta.it/gazzetta/sca...?PageToLoad=SchedaGiocatore&idAnagrafica=8395

Shev: 87 goals in 145 appearances = .600 goals/app
http://www.gazzetta.it/gazzetta/sca...?PageToLoad=SchedaGiocatore&idAnagrafica=8375

Trez is not a complete forward, but he scores more than most of them and is probably the most available proven player Barca can get. Juve says he is not for sale but money talks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.