Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Trez = goals

And imo, Drogba = goals, incredibly impressed by how good he is around the box

Kezman is the same, he = goals but not necessary an improvement over Saviola (and asking Saviola to hold the ball is a bit silly with the officiating in La Liga, but the kid is still a brilliant player)

Out of the three, I'd most certainly go for Drogba since it'd leave the club with enough resources to offer Davids a good contract, a top winger and defensive cover.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
With Trezeguet, you know what you are buying.

With Kezman and Drogba, and others, it is not as certain.

Trezeguet's injuries have been due to contact or hard falls when in the air, so its not a problem where he gets injured easily. They have been forcefull impacts. Not the type to get a 'muscle' problem every month like some players.

He does not work well as a single striker. A trident attack is the best choice for him. With current players:

Saviola-------------Trezeguet
-------------RG------------

Also, Saviola must improve to be considered for long term plans.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Firenze said:
Trezeguet is highly overrated and is desparatley underperforming at Juventus. He needs to switch clubs and if Barcalona are the kind of team that can provide him with the type of service he needs then I don't see why he can't do well at Barcalona. I'd look for a more proven striker though.

How more proven can you be then Trezeguet? He's as proven as they come. When he's healthy, he's easily one of the world's most leathel strikers. If you need proof of that just look at his stats that Steph posted. I rate Trezegol as the best striker available above Vieri and Larrson, even though I think we'll be signing Larrson for free aswell.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Trez nears Barca switch Thursday 25 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spanish media are now convinced that Juventus ace David Trezeguet will be wearing the Barcelona shirt next term.

Reports over the past week suggest that a £20m fee has been agreed and details of his proposed contract have been revealed today.

The French international will allegedly get at least £2.5m a season. That figure will increase depending on the number of games he plays for the club.

The Nou Camp outfit confirmed earlier this month that they were interested in the former Monaco ace.

Although Juventus have insisted that he will remain with them, the fact that he has yet to sign a new contract in Turin has fuelled speculation.

Trez’s present deal at the Delle Alpi expires in 2005. If he doesn’t agree new terms in the next few months then a sale at the end of this season will occur.

With Trezeguet seemingly on his way out, Juventus are being linked with a number of strikers who could replace him.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Ajax, Lazio target man Bernardo Corradi and Parma youngster Alberto Gilardino have all been associated.

But some reports today claim that Christian Vieri could return to the club with doubts over his Inter future.

The only problem is that Vieri’s salary demands don’t fit in with the Bianconeri’s wage structure. The Azzurri ace nets somewhere in the region of £5m-a-season.

channel4

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Last night showed that we need a striker of Trezeguet's calibre. Ronaldinho was working his socks off, but he had no help whatsoever up front. Luis Enrique looked lost as a striker. I have my doubts about Saviola, but if we're sticking with this system, then we have to get Trezeguet. I'm sure could've scored 2 or 3 goals against Celtic if we had a goal poacher in our side.

We also need someone to replace Luis García on the wing. We all know that he tries, but he lacks the quality in the big games.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Last night showed that we need a striker of Trezeguet's calibre. Ronaldinho was working his socks off, but he had no help whatsoever up front. Luis Enrique looked lost as a striker. I have my doubts about Saviola, but if we're sticking with this system, then we have to get Trezeguet. I'm sure could've scored 2 or 3 goals against Celtic if we had a goal poacher in our side.

We also need someone to replace Luis García on the wing. We all know that he tries, but he lacks the quality in the big games.
Excellent post. My thoughts exactly, and I think we've already got that winger in Quaresma but we just need to play him more.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Barcelona ready to make Juventus striker Highest paid

Tribalfootball.com - March 26, 2004

Barcelona have reportedly tabled their contract offer to Juventus star David Trezeguet.
Spanish press reports suggest a deal worth £2.3 million-a-year has been tabled, which also includes bonuses based on success and appearances.

It is a similar deal to what Ronaldinho is on and will make Trezeguet the highest paid player at the Nou Camp.

That is in stark difference to what he is earning at Juve, with the Frenchman's salary still one of the lowest at the club.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Re: Barcelona ready to make Juventus striker Highest paid

Umarnino said:

Barcelona have reportedly tabled their contract offer to Juventus star David Trezeguet.
Spanish press reports suggest a deal worth £2.3 million-a-year has been tabled, which also includes bonuses based on success and appearances.

It is a similar deal to what Ronaldinho is on and will make Trezeguet the highest paid player at the Nou Camp.

That is in stark difference to what he is earning at Juve, with the Frenchman's salary still one of the lowest at the club.
Far too much money :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
According to El Mundo Deportivo, it looks like Barca have Zlatan Ibrahimovic on their list of strikers for next season.

I believe the kid has alot of talent that needs to be trained. El Mundo Deportivo compares him to Kluivert and Van Basten (strange comparison). He is an interesting signing due to his technical and dribbling abilities, he's is tall and also fast. He is young though and has a bit of a temper problem.

He could be a good striker for Barca and would grow to be great.

Anyone interested in watching him in action may download 3 video compilations of Zlatan from XC. Run a search on the Videos channel.

JC

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Re: Re: Barcelona ready to make Juventus striker Highest paid

South_Melbourne said:
Far too much money :(

Perhaps it is but like Laporta mentioned before money isn't an issue in the attempt to bring glory to Barca, which I admire in our new president. :)

·
Registered
69,799 Posts
CampNou said:
According to El Mundo Deportivo, it looks like Barca have Zlatan Ibrahimovic on their list of strikers for next season.

I believe the kid has alot of talent that needs to be trained. El Mundo Deportivo compares him to Kluivert and Van Basten (strange comparison). He is an interesting signing due to his technical and dribbling abilities, he's is tall and also fast. He is young though and has a bit of a temper problem.

He could be a good striker for Barca and would grow to be great.

Anyone interested in watching him in action may download 3 video compilations of Zlatan from XC. Run a search on the Videos channel.

JC
Zlatan is very good, I like him very much. But he´s not a "killer", I mean he´s not the kind of striker that we need in my opinion.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
He's definitely not what we need,i think it's just a rumor.No way we'd really go for him,it would be a huge mistakeApart from his pace,he's not better than Kluivert in any department(perhaps hes scoring most,i don't actually know his stats bu they must not be that high in the dutch league).He would be very expensive for his services and what kind of improvement would that be?

The fact that Frank doesn't want Trezegol(i've read this a lot) might be the only reason of not signing him and if Txiki and the board trust him so much he better have a better alternative we can afford,which is impossible.I just hope this deal doesn't break,as i've said it will prove to be a huge signing for us and a total comeback for Trez's carreer IMO

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lord, please bless Trezeguet with a injury-free season this year and the next. Let him find the path of goal, oh Lord, so he can make everyone happy and justify his high salary like Ronaldinho has.

Amen

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Re: Barcelona ready to make Juventus striker Highest paid

Umarnino said:

Ronaldinho isn't the highest paid player at the Camp Nou. I believe Kluivert still is. Davids is requesting 3 million per year for the seasons to come, but then again: he's a free agent next year.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
trezeguet has been great for juventus. the only reason why he is leaving is because juve is going through a transition again, which is common at the club. juve is in need of some funds to help rebuild the team again. trezeguet isnt the only star who will be leaving. add nedved and thuram to that list also. as much as moggi is playing down that these two wont leave, i think juve is going to have a major overhaul.

when you buy trezeguet, you know what to expect. he'll finish chances when given the opportunity. he isnt fast, and he isnt very active upfront. i personally dont feel its a good idea to isolate him upfront as he isnt a strong player, and lack of pace doesnt help him out either.

but i'm only basing this on what i see at juve. for france he can play upfront alone as henry, zidane and pires give him plenty of support.

in the end, you are basically getting the best striker possible on the market. Zlatan, cavenaghi, gilardino, torres and so on are young, but they are not anywhere near as proven like trezeguet is. Vieri could be on the market, but he is 31 years old, i dont see him as a good option anymore.

i'll be sad to see trezegol leave juve, it means that we wont have a striker who can score 25 goals in serie A per season (which isnt very common in serie A).

at barca, with RG, saviola and others, i think he'll get plenty of service and you expect trez to score 25 goals easily.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Trez scored 2 goals today that 99% of other players would miss. Just make the chance for him, and he will score. I think La Liga is suited for this style. He makes good runs also, so through balls are important.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Diario Sport says today that he has already agree to come to Barcelona. Juve is informed of the Barcelona movements and they could have a meeting soon. The agreement is not near, but both clubs have given themselves time, because it is still soon.

It seems that the first offer is 10 million €. Juve wants 20 million. Also a player could be included in the operation, Sport talk about Gabri, Motta or Kluivert.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
polaris said:
Trez scored 2 goals today that 99% of other players would miss. Just make the chance for him, and he will score. I think La Liga is suited for this style. He makes good runs also, so through balls are important.
The header?? Shit it wasnt that hard.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts