Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumours of David Trezeguet arriving here are hot. Apparently, the contract talks between Juventus and Trezeguet's agent have stopped and Juventus have agreed to sell Trezeguet to Barça. And now, Juve are searching for a new striker.

This is more than your ordinary rumour, so I think it's appropriate if we make a new thread about it.

So what are your thoughts on this? :eek:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The rummors say that it will be a three teams involved in this deal. Barcelona, Ajax and Juventus. We're supposed to give Ajax Cocu. If we do, they'll sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Juventus and they on the other hand will let Trezeguet go.

Trezeguet is a good and proven striker. Unfortently he's injured very often. I'd pick Shevchenko over him any day. But, of course, I don't think that he's intressted in moving.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Ofcourse you'd pick Sheva over him, Sheva is out-of-this-world class.

but Trez, he's the type of player who would really do well in Spain. I think so anyway..

not so sure about zlatan :eek: what exactly do the spanish papers say? zlatan from ajax + how many euros?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'd also like to add that Juventus are intressted in signing Rochemback (according to the press), and he can be used as an exchange. Rochemback+Euros=Trezeguet

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
!bob said:
Ofcourse you'd pick Sheva over him, Sheva is out-of-this-world class.

but Trez, he's the type of player who would really do well in Spain. I think so anyway..

not so sure about zlatan :eek: what exactly do the spanish papers say? zlatan from ajax + how many euros?
I don't really care if you're not so sure or not. We aren't going to sign Zlatan. Juventus are the ones who have chansed him for a couple for years now. He has an italian agent who just happens to be the same one who works towards the Juventus board and has made many deals, taking players to Turin. Nedved is just one of them.

Ajax knows that we want Trezeguet and that Juventus wants to replace the frenchman with Zlatan. So if we gives them Cocu-they'll send Zlatan to Italy.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by Robban [...]We're supposed to give Ajax Cocu.[...][/B]
ochh, I've just started to re-liking this guy... but what the hell, he is quite old anyway

About new striker - don't you think, that Jon Dahl TOMASSON would be better choice?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Robban said:

Trezeguet is a good and proven striker. Unfortently he's injured very often.
That's what I think. Trezeguet could be a good option and it seems that we really go for him, but I'm worried about his cointinuous injuries. So I don't know.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Not Trez. for heavens sake, I can't see us depending on him to score. I'd rather we spend money on someone else, not necesarily a striker. We are doing fine with Saviola.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I dont see how Cocu falls in to his three way swap. It would be pure coincidence that he would go to Ajax while Juve buy Ibrahimovic and we buy Trez.

Now about Trez, not including penalties hes joint secound scorer in Serie A with 11 goals. Last season he only scored 5 from open play but injuries played a big part.

In 2001/2002 he scored 24 in the league and the season before 14 in 25. From this its evident he has a high goal ratio to games played but his injuries are definately a worry. If were playing one upfront then I would expect Saviola to get alot of games if we bought Trez.

The spanish media are reporting between Barca and Trez its all agreed, all that is needed is the fee with Juve. Ive read reports however that Trezeguet isnt Rijkaards preferred target. Now if that is the case then it begs the question of who is. They stated that the trez deal will go ahead if his target cannot be completed. IMO this could only be Henry or with Rijkaard being dutch Van Nistlerooy. With Man Utd disastrous season, this is possibly the greatest chance of Van Nistlerooy going in the not so distant future.

I would prefere to see the dutch man here but looking at Trez goalscoring ratio he certainly doesnt seem as bad a target as I had first assumed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i dont get to watch any serie A games in the place i live... so i know very little about trez

any serie A followers can tell me more about him? his strengths and all that??

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Concerning the French NT, Trez has a better goal ratio than Henry himself!!

Assuming that during the Lemerre area, Trez was a sub (Lemerre didn't use to play him alongside Henry) and barely played 20-25 minutes per match.... Trez was at a 1 goal per match ratio!!
:dazed: :eek:

Trez is one of the best "fox in the box" in the world!

Provides him with the ball in the goal area, and 99% of the time, it will hit the net!

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
I think that a lot of people forget that this guy was the HOTTEST striker in the world not so far ago.If we sign him,i'd be totally happy,i've said concerning the striker issue our only options should be Torres,Trez,Vieri and if possible Van The Man,for whom i've started-like Cruiff- :D having doubts if he'd do well in Spain

His injuries are worrying but its a bit hypothetical.IMO Trez would revive his carreer in Spain and it will be a great signing.If this guy hits form he can't stop banging them,one after another

·
Registered
533 Posts
I still say get Didier Drogba - he's strong, fast, and hammers amazing goals in all the time. Plus he's a whole lot cheaper than Trez and doesn't get injured every other game like Trez.

If it happens to be Trez it would still be fine but he doesn't seem like the kind of player that can receive a long ball and keep hold of it until the midfield support arrives, and that's very important if we are to play the Rijkaard system with one striker.

·
Registered
967 Posts
worser!!!!!

get KEZMAN, tezeguet is just another Kluivert :fero:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
This really is laughable, we on our hands have a guy who has scored goals for fun in Serie A, won the double with France having a great strike ratio for them.

For the last 3 seasons weve been calling for a world class striker and then some suggest Kezman and Drogba ahead:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Maz said:
I dont see how Cocu falls in to his three way swap. It would be pure coincidence that he would go to Ajax while Juve buy Ibrahimovic and we buy Trez.

Now about Trez, not including penalties hes joint secound scorer in Serie A with 11 goals. Last season he only scored 5 from open play but injuries played a big part.

In 2001/2002 he scored 24 in the league and the season before 14 in 25. From this its evident he has a high goal ratio to games played but his injuries are definately a worry. If were playing one upfront then I would expect Saviola to get alot of games if we bought Trez.

The spanish media are reporting between Barca and Trez its all agreed, all that is needed is the fee with Juve. Ive read reports however that Trezeguet isnt Rijkaards preferred target. Now if that is the case then it begs the question of who is. They stated that the trez deal will go ahead if his target cannot be completed. IMO this could only be Henry or with Rijkaard being dutch Van Nistlerooy. With Man Utd disastrous season, this is possibly the greatest chance of Van Nistlerooy going in the not so distant future.

I would prefere to see the dutch man here but looking at Trez goalscoring ratio he certainly doesnt seem as bad a target as I had first assumed.
Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm only repporting what I've read in the press. And thinking that it would all be just a concidence is pretty naiv, if the deal now goes through. But you proberly know better than the local media.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts