Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was a f****g horrific tackle by Prutton, what the f**k was he playing at and what the f**k was that c**t complaining about? That should of been a straight red, no f****g justice in this FA. Bergkamp and Reyes have got three match bans for hand bags and it looks like this c**t might have broken Pires's ankle and will get a one match ban.

Excuse the language but this is a load of bullshit.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
That's what they teach you down at Scumingham Forest.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I think Prutton is likely to be banned for a good while, but that will be for pushing the ref.

It was a shocking challenge, and he was lucky he didn't go before for a similarly bad challenge on Flamini.

·
12,813 Posts
Prutton prepared for lengthy ban

Southampton midfielder David Prutton is bracing himself for a minimum six-match ban after his reaction to his dismissal against Arsenal on Saturday.
Prutton, who manhandled referee Alan Wiley after his second yellow card for a foul on Robert Pires, received no sympathy from boss Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp said: "I cannot stand here and defend him, he committed an act of stupidity that cost us dearly.

"We're going to be without him for a long time, there's no doubt."

Redknapp himself sprinted along the touchline to help physio Jim Joyce and coach Denis Rofe shepherd the enraged Prutton away from referee's assistant Paul Norman.

Prutton had earlier been booked for a bad challenge on Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini, which might have brought a red card in itself.

Redknapp said: "The first booking of the game was his ninth of the season so it's not as if you can say how unlucky is that.

"The only surprise for me is that without the linesman the referee was not going to send him off."

Luckily, they had a silly boy as silly as ours

Saints boss Harry Redknapp

Prutton's act of stupidity was matched by that of Arsenal winger Robin van Persie, who also received his marching orders when the Gunners were 1-0 up and with a man advantage in the second half.

Van Persie could also have received a straight red for elbowing Saints Rory Delap but was shown his second yellow for a needless challenge on Graeme Le Saux.

It prompted Redknapp to say: "Luckily, they had a silly boy as silly as ours. It squared the game up and gave us a chance."

Van Persie's needless dismissal even brought condemnation from Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger - normally the staunchest defender of his players.

Wenger said: "If anyone had to behave, it was him.

"When you're 1-0 up the tactic is to keep 11 against 10 and I told him that at half-time."

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
jimbo jones said:
That's what they teach you down at Scumingham Forest.
dont blame us mate....he was ok when he played here!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Nico said:
dont blame us mate....he was ok when he played here!
:) If in doubt blame it on Forest.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
on the topic of forest has Dawson made his debut for spudz yet? I was hearing all last season how "awesome" he is and how he will be an England player so I'm wondering if he's made it into a mid-table Premiership side yet :rolleyes:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Owzat said:
on the topic of forest has Dawson made his debut for spudz yet? I was hearing all last season how "awesome" he is and how he will be an England player so I'm wondering if he's made it into a mid-table Premiership side yet :rolleyes:
:dielaugh:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Balis-of-Steel said:
I think Prutton is likely to be banned for a good while, but that will be for pushing the ref.

It was a shocking challenge, and he was lucky he didn't go before for a similarly bad challenge on Flamini.
He's a right lucky bastard Flamini didn't get up and smack his teeth out. Mathieu takes no shit from anyone, just ask Fat Frankie Lampard that. :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Prutton copped 10 matches quite a lengthy but reasonable punishment given his actions,he was quite remorseful as harry redknapp also put it.he needs to get himself soughted out,IMO Van persie should get a nice ban for his pathetic challenge also.

·
12,813 Posts
Prutton handed 10-game ban by FA

Southampton midfielder David Prutton has been banned for 10 matches and fined £6,000 after admitting two charges of improper conduct.

Prutton was sent off in the 1-1 draw against Arsenal last Saturday but his reaction led to his heavy punishment.

He pushed referee Alan Wiley and tried to confront the assistant referee.

The 23-year-old admitted a charge of failure to leave the field promptly and one of threatening words and/or behaviour towards a match official.

Prutton, who had already apologised publicly for his actions and to Arsenal's Robert Pires who was injured in the initial tackle, described the ban as "hefty" but accepted the sentence.

"It's a massive disappointment because all I want to do is play football," he said.

"But I put myself in that position and I have to accept it and it's something I have to get on with.

"I regretted it as soon as I did it, when I was sitting in the dressing room afterwards.

"I regret the fact I let my team-mates down and also my manager, by portraying an image of myself that is not me. Hopefully people who watch football will never follow that."

Prutton was only pulled away from the confrontation when manager Harry Redknapp raced down the touchline to help physio Jim Joyce and coach Denis Rofe shepherd the enraged Prutton away from referee's assistant Paul Norman.

Redknapp ruled out an appeal against the suspension.

"There's nothing we can do and there's no point in appealing - he'll take his punishment," Redknapp told BBC Five Live.

"He had no grounds for arguing and is sorry for the way he reacted. He didn't set a good example to anyone.

"We'll obviously miss him he's a big loss on the pitch. He's played every match for me since I came here but we'll just have to move on."

Prutton served the automatic one-match suspension for the sending-off in the 3-1 FA Cup win over Brentford.

He will be eligible to return to action for the last match of the Premiership season, unless Saints can beat Manchester United in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and maintain their progress in the tournament.

Prutton's ban is one match less than that handed to Paolo Di Canio after he pushed Paul Alcock to the ground while playing for Sheffield Wednesday in January 1999.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts