Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Australian test and one day international and now coach of Victoria was nearly bashed to death last nite outside of the pub. The Victorian were celebrating there victory and he tried to break up a fit. After he left he approached and was nearly beaten to death. He currently on life support in coma. In a criticial condition.

David Hookes, the former Australia batsman and current coach of Victoria, is said to be critically ill in a Melbourne hospital after being injured while attempting to break up a fight outside a St Kilda hotel.

Eyewitnesses said that Hookes, 48, was treated by paramedics for half an hour at the scene of the assault before being rushed to intensive care where he is reported to be on a life-support machine in an induced coma .

Clark Forbes, the program director at Melbourne radio station 3AW, where Hookes works as an on-air commentator, said that the situation was not good. "David sustained serious head injuries and he's in a coma," he told local journalists. "I have to say he's not in a good way.

"Technically he died, he was revived on the footpath outside the hotel concerned, which is a St Kilda late-night pub where the Victoria team had been celebrating yesterday's win over South Australia."

Police are questioning a 22-year-old St Albans man in connection with the assault.

Former Australian cricket captain Ian Chappell said fighting was out of character for Hookes. "Like most cricketers David's not a fighter," he told the Today Show. "He was always prepared to speak his opinion and we might have got an animated discussion out of him but certainly not fighting. It sounds like a classic case of wrong place at the wrong time."

Colleague Dean Jones told ABC radio his thoughts were with Hookes' family. "Knowing him, he's been through hell and back himself," he said. "He's been hit in the head by some of the fastest bowlers that have ever graced this planet and he got through it. He's had some tough times as a cricketer and he knows how to get through them so hopefully he will get through this."

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
This is very sad and the latest is that he has succumbed to his injuries.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
David Hookes has sadly died after a callous attack by a Nightclub Bouncer,The Cricketing world is in Mourning.Goodbye Hooksey taken away so soon.:depress:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I can't believe these kind of incidents still happen in Australia. :dazed: A very sad deed indeed. Always thought Australia was much more safer place and the fans (irrespective of the kind of sport) are more tolerant. :depress:

I guess, you have barbarians all around the world. :mad:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Thats sad

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
milano77 said:
I can't believe these kind of incidents still happen in Australia. :dazed: A very sad deed indeed. Always thought Australia was much more safer place and the fans (irrespective of the kind of sport) are more tolerant. :depress:

Our barbains are the people for serbia! I hate all those people. They cause so much. They are in most gangs and they kill heaps of people. e.g. David Hookes.

P.S. i'm drunk and pissed off at the death of a good man which i mate during a victoria game. he should serve life in jail that murderous bastardo!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Its a really sad hour for cricket:(

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
milano77 said:

It is a safe place.But theres a problem with gangs.African, Lebanes, Vietnamese, Aboriginal, Croatian, Italian, Serbian, NZ Maui etc... Then there the white boys who want to be like them.Im an immigrant but the ethnic gangs are the main problem,

The Bouncer who did it is a part time boxer and is currently only on a assault charge.If that doesnt get upgraded to manslaughter i'll cry :mad: Oh and the guys name was Zdravko Markovic :rolleyes: Im sick and ****ing tired of it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
King of the Kop said:
The Bouncer who did it is a part time boxer and is currently only on a assault charge.If that doesnt get upgraded to manslaughter i'll cry :mad: Oh and the guys name was Zdravko Markovic :rolleyes: Im sick and ****ing tired of it.
I believe the murderer has been charged with manslaughter now. Does Australia have a death penalty?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
milano77 said:
I believe the murderer has been charged with manslaughter now. Does Australia have a death penalty?
Yes it's been upgraded, and sadly capital punishment isnt in Australia.

BTW, Apparently it seems Hookes could of thrown the first punch, and then got chased down the street(It happened 50metres away from the club) and thats where it happened.

The guy will get about 6 years :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Don't hold your breath on the Australian Judicial system you never see any Justice and criminals are protected like royals.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He is being charged for manslaughter + assualt

if he found guily he'll get max 7 years with 4 years before parol.
the australian justics system is one ****ed up thing!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Terak said:
Our barbains are the people for serbia! I hate all those people. They cause so much. They are in most gangs and they kill heaps of people. e.g. David Hookes.

P.S. i'm drunk and pissed off at the death of a good man which i mate during a victoria game. he should serve life in jail that murderous bastardo!
You are an idiot. End of story.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The manner in which Hookes' died is really sad.......but some guys here make it sound like all immigrants are bad and that Aussies are good...........sadly that ain't the case.........I've been here for a couple of years and I've experienced it personally........and one brother mentioned that Aussies are a sporting lot...............utter crap.......sit in a stadium where India is drubbing them or in any other stadium in Australia where they are taking a beating...........u'll know............it's easy to appaud an opponent when ur team is winning.........but when they lose...........man I'll tell u..............

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Please Terak - you are supposed to be a forum manager so please abstain from racial talks. Please stop these kind of talks - or i will close this thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.