Xtratime Community banner

What is more likely to happen than Villa staying at Valencia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1255 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David "El Guaje" VILLA - "VOY A SUSTITUIR ETO'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I think this rumour is getting stronger by the minute and deserves its own thread, especially after Calderon's comments today. He told Radio Marca that we'd be signing three players this summer and that one of our aims was to give the squad a more Spanish feel. It's the biggest hint yet that we're going to go after Villa, two days after Marca reported that we're looking to close the deal by the end of May.

The financial situation of Valencia is extremely worrying at the moment, so much so that Marcelino has reportedly turned down an offer for their vacant coaching role after learning that the club is planning to sell some of its top players this summer to raise some cash. Two years ago this transfer was considering unthinkable... today the same can not be said.

Madridista?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I hope so , but in the same time

I dont think so :D

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I have a bad feeling about this. As much as I want this deal to go through, I don't think it will. :wallbang:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think we've chosen him over Drogba (too old) and Huntelaar (needs time to adapt, too expensive) as our next forward. Besides, as already mentioned, he's Spanish and the board of directors want us to sign at least one Spanish player this summer. I think it's realistic. Valencia are broke and have to think about surviving financially now, they're in no position to reject a huge offer.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
they're in no position to reject a huge offer.
Why are you acting as if Madrid will be the only team going for him?

I see the Top 4 in England going in for him aswell, and judging by interviews from him in the last year or so he clearly wants to come to England. And we all know Valencia's situation with Real Madrid, only possible way for Villa to join Madrid is if he truly forces the move, can you see that happening?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
if he goes to you i will suicide myself

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Too good to be true? ;)

It's about time we buy a Spanish player with high caliber. It's been 3 years since we signed one. (Reyes was on loan)

I still find it hard to believe Valencia would sell anyone to us

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Valencia are not 'broke'. The media is bullshitting as usual, these days they're against Valencia (even the ones that are supposed to side with us).

No player is untransferable and in our present (past 2-3 years) condition, we're not going to compete for quite a while (3-4 years), so the transfer might actually take place if Madrid offer huge sums of money (more than the money Real dished out on Robben for sure).

And finally, I hope this thread reaches 100 pages only for Villa to move somewhere else:D

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Valencia are not 'broke'. The media is bullshitting as usual, these days they're against Valencia (even the ones that are supposed to side with us).

No player is untransferable and in our present (past 2-3 years) condition, we're not going to compete for quite a while (3-4 years), so the transfer might actually take place if Madrid offer huge sums of money (more than the money Real dished out on Robben for sure).

And finally, I hope this thread reaches 100 pages only for Villa to move somewhere else:D
I don't see us paying more money than what we paid for Robben!

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Why are you acting as if Madrid will be the only team going for him?

I see the Top 4 in England going in for him aswell, and judging by interviews from him in the last year or so he clearly wants to come to England. And we all know Valencia's situation with Real Madrid, only possible way for Villa to join Madrid is if he truly forces the move, can you see that happening?
Why the hell would you go for Villa?

Not only will he cost around 40 million euros but you have Tevez, Rooney, and Ronaldo up top. Are you tellling me you are willing to bench one of them full time to accomodate Villa? That would be Bullshit.

Arsenal won't pay up for him.

Also I doubt Liverpool want to spend that much on one player again this summer plus we have seen that the Villa Torres partnership doesn't work that well.

So in reality I can only see Chelsea putting in a worthwile bid in for him and then it is down to whether he wants to follow in Shevas footsteps and go to Chelsea who he doesn't seem to prefer, or stay in Spain and go to Real Madrid (Barcelona aren't concentrating on a forward, plus their fans just booed him off on Sunday).

I think if anything the Italian clubs have a good shot of signing him. Both Milan, Inter need a forward badly and you can't rule out Juventus completely.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

·
Registered
16,545 Posts
If Mo goes on and say that Villa would prefer Real Madrid to Barcelona, I say;
Villa's idols are: Luis Enrique, Quini and Juanele, besides Sporting de Gijon, 2 of these played for Barcelona ;)

But anyways, it just shows the crap made by the media, he was signed for Real Madrid and now for Barcelona.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
what the ****??

1 - 20 of 1255 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.