Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darko was the golden boot winner in europe once.And his job was to put goals through the net but as an Individual player he wasnt that good.Sorry but he was a "cherry picker" Savicevic/Jugovic and others gave him so many easy chances that he couldnt miss.When he went to Inter he couldnt do anything on his own.He didnt know how to take on defenders.He worked well in zvezda because it was the right team for him but as soon as the suppliers arent that good he couldnt do anything.

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 27-04-2000).]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hagi have relation with Macedonia.

His parrents emigrated to Romania beffore the 1941 .

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Mijatovic, have you actually seen any of his goals???
Maybe, but not many..
Anyway, you don't become the "Golden boot" winner just by cherry picking.. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i have seen him play and his goals were all perfectlly set up for him.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
As I said, you haven't seen even 5% of the goals he has scored so it isn't fair to judge a player like that...
And you still haven't answered my "Golden boot" comment???

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehehehehehe, u got him there red star forever, hehehehehe,

c'mon grobar why don't ya reply, hehehe

--------------------
SRBIJA! SRBIJA!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He played well in that team but as an individual player he was nothing special.The fact that he went to Inter and did nothing is enough.One of the things that makes a player great is that he can go to any club and play well.You RS Forever and Vladz just say that because he played for Red Star but i bet if he played for Partizan you would say the same thing i would.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hold on a second, I don't agree with your definition of a great player being someone who can go to any team and do well. I don't think anybody would day Ronaldo is not a great player, bur he hasn't done jack in Italy, even when he's been healthy he hasn't produced up to expectations. Pedja Mijat is a great player but he hasn't done jack either since coming over from Real. I think that your definition belongs more to an elite group of Players such as Pele, Puskas, Maradona, Van Basten, Eusebio, Dzajic, those are the players that fit your definition.

------------------
Zvezda je zivot ostalo su sitnice!

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Mijatovic, the only you reason don't like him is because we do.. :) :)
And your definition of a great player makes me laugh..
As Delija said, according to you, Mijatovic, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Litmanen are all average players...give me a break.. :) :) :)

You think Kezman is such a great player, and maybe he is, but here's a fact for you, so far in 36 matches Kezman has scored 23 goals, Darko Pancev scored 34 goals in 34 matches when he won the golden boot...

And to compare the difficulty of our league now and then would only be funny..

Pancev didn't handle the ball like Rivaldo for example, but he had a true killers instinct, it wasn't just the Red Star midfield feeding him with balls, he was always in the right place at the right time.
He was the top scorer in Euro '92 qualifiers, scoring a hattrick against Austria in Wienn when Austria had a way better team...
At that time, he was one of the best strikers in Europe, so to say he was nothing special could only mean you're not serious...
You couldn't be.. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that Pancev is the best play in this time when he was playing too bad that he couldnt play more International matchers!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But there is a difference between no being able to play and having a starting line-up spot and not doing anything.Panchev was a good team player no doubt about it but to suggest that he is the greatest NO.9 ever to play in the balkans is just not true.Suker is just one but there are many more.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If Pancev had such good goal scoring instinct why didnt he show it at Inter.If he was always in the right place in the right time why wasnt he playing great footbal for inter.And u said the only players that fit into my catergory are Pele,Dzajic and Maradona but in case u forgot these are some of the greatest players of all time.Look at savicevic he is 34 and has had a career riddled with injury but he has now scored over 11 goals in the austrian league and set up over 10 i believe which shows wherever he goes he plays well.
Pancev was good for Zvezda but what i am trying to say is that the team made him,he didnt make the team.And to reply to RS Forever yes i do like Kezman and I believe that he has more potential then PAnchev but his career might end up the same as Panchevs he might go to some big club next season ans screw up his entire career like Ognjenovic.
But to say that Panchev was the best striker or NO.9 in the Balkans ever is one big overstatement.Like IVO said Suker is 10 times the striker that Panchev was.Suker has more skill a better shot and he made goals for himself and that last point is the important one because if you go to a team with no suppliers and you r used to getting balls 2 metres from the goal then u will struggle but u put a guy like suker or shevchenko in any team he will score.

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 09-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 09-05-2000).]

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
The fact is that you said Pancev wasn't a great player because he didn't play well in Inter, but the truth is he chose the wrong team, a team that played boring "catenaco" (not sure about the spelling) football where even strikers had to go back to defense and fight for the ball, at which Pancev wasn't very good at.
Anyway, the only games you have seen Pancev play is the couple of Champions League games in Red Star so I don't know why I even bother discussing this with you.
But he was voted second best player in Europe in '91 by people who know way better than me or you who is good and who isn't.
About Kezman, comparing him and Pancev can only make me laugh (at this moment), you will maybe say Pancev played in a great team, but Pancev was the leagues best scorer even in Vardar (in fact, I think the youngest in Yugoslavian football's history) and that was what brought him to Red Star...so it wasn't just Savicevic, Prosinecki and the others feeding him with balls...
And all this in a league that was 10 times stronger than todays..with Dinamo, Hajduk, Olimpija, Zeljeznicar.....and so on..

Talking about Suker, I am aware that Suker is a better striker, I didn't answer IVO's post mostly because I agreed with him, he is above all more versatile compared to Pancev, but now in Arsenal he isn't actually doing too good..
So does that mean he's not a great player????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts