1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Games snub stings striker Dario Vidosic

Marco Monteverde
July 08, 2008 12:00am

FORMER Queensland Roar striker Dario Vidosic will consider committing his future to Croatia after being snubbed by Olyroos coach Graham Arnold.
Vidosic was among several young strike weapons, including Nathan Burns, Bruce Djite and David Williams, overlooked for Olympic selection last week.
Arnold, who chose 30-year-old striker Archie Thompson, has explained the controversial omissions of Burns and Djite, expressing concerns about their age and ability to play in the Beijing heat.
But Vidosic, who on Sunday returns to Germany for pre-season training with Nurnberg, said he was still waiting for a proper explanation for his non-selection.
He says part of the reason could be Arnold being under the false impression that he was more concerned with establishing himself in the Nurnberg first team rather than representing Australia.
"When you've gone through the whole two years (with the Olyroos), it's a bit of a shame not making it and not knowing why," Vidosic said.
"I think in the two years I've been around I've proven that I wanted to be there."
Vidosic, who moved to Australia from Croatia when he was one, said if he, too, had been rubber-stamped as a player who could not perform in the heat, perhaps he would be better off representing his country of birth.
"Unfortunately, Australia plays all their games in the heat through the Asian qualifiers, so there's not much more I can do," he said.
"If I start doing well in Germany, then Croatia will come as well because I'm not locked in, having not represented Australia at Socceroo level.
"First and foremost I'd like to play for Australia, but I would not rule out playing for Croatia, because with the Australian team, everything's up in the air now."
Vidosic said he was desperate to prove Arnold wrong.
"This is only a small bump in the road. I've got to do it for myself now and all the rest will figure itself out later," he said.
Football Federation Australia chief executive Ben Buckley yesterday leapt to Arnold's defence, saying claims he picked the Olympic team on his own without consulting Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek were wrong.
"Graham consulted with both Pim Verbeek and (national technical director) Rob Baan in making his selections, and also discussed the implications with the head of the national teams department, John Boultbee," Buckley said.

I mentioned this guy around a year ago, he played for Queensland Roar in the A-league as a 17 yr old and was very impressive...he has talent.

I hope he does choose Croatia, id rather someone like this who came up through Croatian backed clubs and was born in Croatia rather then the other Dario

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
I don't see a difference, if he is good enough and eligable, why not.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
ps. I think it's only a media mock threat to get the Aussie public to look at him closer.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Unfortunately I think the kid is playing the media game to perfection. By saying he will consider Croatia he is making Aussie wan to secure him. Screw him ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Croatian NT must be first priority
:thumbsup:

"First and foremost I'd like to play for Australia, but I would not rule out playing for Croatia, because with the Australian team, everything's up in the air now."
First and foremost F-OFF then, this club this NT, sell-out clown

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Cvitanic never used such language. He said he has the oaoerwork, he has the desire and would play tommorow if called.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
the kid needs a kick up the bum for even using Croatia as a bargening tool in his personal promotion. No one has offered or even approached him to play for Croatia as far as I know so where he got that idea from?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Kad bi HNS obracao barem bio paznje na igrace u Hrvatskoj kolko broji krvna zrnca Argentincima i tamo raznoraznim produktima gastarbajtera mozda bi HNL imao vece shanse izrodit kojeg reprezentativca.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Mislis osim Olica, Leke, Simica, Tudora, Modrica, Kranjcara, Dudua, Balabana, Sarica, Serica, Pletikose, Gabrica, Racunice, Vlaovica, Vukojevica, Mandzukica, Ladica, Corluke, Pokrivaca, Prosineckog, Sharbinija i jos toliko njih koje sam zaboravio spomenuti?

Malo toga izrodi jebo je mish!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mislis osim Olica, Leke, Simica, Tudora, Modrica, Kranjcara, Dudua, Balabana, Sarica, Serica, Pletikose, Gabrica, Racunice, Vlaovica, Vukojevica, Mandzukica, Ladica, Corluke, Pokrivaca, Prosineckog, Sharbinija i jos toliko njih koje sam zaboravio spomenuti?

Malo toga izrodi jebo je mish!
yeah and who do you see as an replacement for Robert Kovac atm??? There are only 2 candidates, Knezevic and Krizanac. Nowhere in miles a replacement in HNL. Drpic, Luka Vucko, Ipsa, how many talented players go abroad and we dont hear about them ever again??? They should be happy if they play in Belgium one day

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can take a Cro from home, but it takes a long time to rinse out those Cro genes (sure some jeans fade faster than others and some are right out knockoffs and sell outs)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
You can take a Cro from home, but it takes a long time to rinse out those Cro genes (sure some jeans fade faster than others and some are right out knockoffs and sell outs)
Huh? Your genes stay with you for life, which is why it's no coincidence that the best players Switzerland has produced in the last 10 years have been Petric and Rakitic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Huh? Your genes stay with you for life, which is why it's no coincidence that the best players Switzerland has produced in the last 10 years have been Petric and Rakitic.
I am refering to decent in generations of genes.
In context to this 'full Cro' Dario (to me) he is a sell out
using the NT for leverage and second choice at that.
Oh and about countries producing players unless cloned I believe parents played a part.:pp

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
yeah and who do you see as an replacement for Robert Kovac atm??? There are only 2 candidates, Knezevic and Krizanac. Nowhere in miles a replacement in HNL. Drpic, Luka Vucko, Ipsa, how many talented players go abroad and we dont hear about them ever again??? They should be happy if they play in Belgium one day
True, but you can't say the HNL doesn't produce like you did, it may produce less than we'd like, but it certainly does produce players.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
He's not a striker as it says in the article, he's a Attacking Midfielder/Right Winger, we have a shit load of players in that position. But the bottom line is, he is not good enough. He is what, 21 years old and still has not played regularly at a decent level club. He couldn't break into Nurenburg last year, and i reckon that says a lot.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts