Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
D'OH!

Suddenly the best defence in the world is starting to look like swiss cheese :depress:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
neee !!!!!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
He's been injured for a few weeks now. If the guy misses then our defence is gutted. Just look at the defence we used against Korea in both friendles a few months back. That would be the same d we would use. Remember they beat us 2-0 and 1-1.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
WTF ! is this? some kind of bad joke????

The hell with the WC if he's hurt, first Tudor and now this, who's next Robert Kovac?

I so badly wanted Croatia to show the world that we have the best defense line in the world !!!!

If he's not fit for the WC, Jozic will bring in Mario Tokic from GAK and he's not even near the class of Tudor or Simic :(

·
Banned
692 Posts
nooooooooooooo...

This sucks, however we still have a backline of:

Zivkovic - Simunic - Kovac

OR

Zivkovic - Simunic - Kovac - Sablic

Both look very good (not as good as the preferred back line but still VERY good).

I think the above line would play very well together as they are all Bundesliga players. Suddenly we are going from a majority Italian based defence to an Exclusively German based defence. ALL IS NOT LOST...REMEMBER THAT.

PS...I was moving this weekend and was thus away for a while

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
all is not lost my ass... without Simic and Tudor? Sablic is upcoming young player, not Tudor or SImic replacement... fuk

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
When it rains it pours. WHat can you do. It seems there is a black cloud over us for this WC when it comes to the health of our players. Hopefully that will be it.

·
Banned
692 Posts
From nogomet.com

Nakon što su stigle crne vijesti oko ozljede mišiæa stražnje lože Darija Šimiæa, izbornik Joziæ demantirao je moguænost da braniè Intera propusti zbog toga svjetsko prvenstvo.

"Prema svim medicinskim nalazima, njegova ozljeda je u završnoj fazi. Ustvari njegov mišiæ je veæ zdrav, samo što nije bio dugo u funkciji pa je oslabio", rekao je hrvatski izbornik Mirko Joziæ na brojne natpise o tome kako æe Dario Šimiæ krenuti put Igora Tudora, koji æe zbog ozljede propustiti nastup na svjetskom prvenstvu.

Dobro raspoloženje nije pokvario ni današnji pljusak, tako da plan priprema i dalje teèe željenim tokom. Radi se èak po pet sati dnevno, a meðu onima koji pokazuju najviše želju, nalaze se oni najiskusniji, poput Davora Šukera.

·
Banned
692 Posts
spwolf...

are you saying that you have no confidence in

Zivkovic - Simunic - R. Kovac

Granted that this is not the best defence in the world, but IMHO this is still a world class defence. It still contains the best man marker in Bundesliga and IMHO one of the top 5 in the world (R. Kovac). It still contains a player who is a regular with the finalists of the Champions League. It still contains an up and coming player who given 2 years experience could become just as good as Tudor (he is actually Taller and bigger if you can believe that :D)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I am definetly saying something to that exent... defence without simic and Tudor does not compare... Zivkovic is not good in central defending role, Simunic doesnt have that much experience... and who can replace them? Sablic or Tokic? both with almost no experience when comes to this level... and in defence is where experience counts the most...

and we based EVERYTHING on our defence

What will hapen now is that Jozic will be forced to field even more defending midfielders to compensate for lack of defensive experience... remember, in defence, one player's mistake is enough to lose the game

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well if he doesnt play im convinced we r screwed.. ye we can say we got simunic ect but this is a WC.. these are guys who got no international experience at all and we expect them to take us to glory in a WC.. forget it lads.

I know im being negative but with our defence at full stength being amongst the best in the world it all of a sudden looks very average.. we are gonna have a defence playing at a WC who have literally never played together before.. we r gonna get exposed for sure..

GOD help us if we lose Boksic or someone.. fuc*kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Marz, I agree...we can't afford to lose anyone else. If this keeps going we might as well use our u 17 team that competed in Trinidad last September for the U 17 World Championships. By the way, check you Messages(PM's)...

·
©
7,230 Posts
I agree we need Simic desperatley. One defender missing out we could cover but not two. I don't think putting Zivkovic in central defense is a wise move. He is only effective on the right. If Simic does miss out I think that Jozic may go with four at the back instead of three.

I have faith that Simic will be ok. From what I read his muscle has healed but it is very weak. He has been training with the team though and hopefully he is able to play.:hopefull:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
SIMIC IS OK !!!

He is playing, he is fully fit, the hurt in the miscle was only strain because he hasn't used it for a while. 4 doctors scanned it, and it's fit for play, he is pleased, Jozic is pleased, I'm pleased and so will you guys be.

HVALA BOGU !!

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
wouldn't you like to know Jure, it's slang man :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts