Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people are down on Simic but it's still a good accomplishment for him to get 100 caps for Croatia and he has been playing with the NT now for 12 years, including every major tournament except Euro 96.

This will be the record for some time now, but I'm sure there will be a few players which will make the century mark. I think only Stipe Pletikosa is in reach for now, who has 73 caps and is 29 years old as a goalkeeper

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
He has never had any ambition to be honest. I hope he doesn't play in any of our qualifiers.

but still, congrats.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
well done Simic..2 more big tournaments, Niko Kovac should advise him :) ;)

·
Registered
919 Posts
No actually no congrats, its stupid that such a lazy, mediocre, slow player could get our first centenary cap :yuck:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Congrats to Dario. He was a revelation in '98 and for a long time after proved to be one of our most dependable players... a player that was picked by virtually every Croatian coach.

Anyone who followed his comments over the years would know how much it meant to him to play for the Repka.

Bravo Dario.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Great post Sulla. Simic was fantastic under Blazevic, great at every big tournament and I can't remember a costly mistake by him. He deserves thanks and congrats from everyone, leave aside his lack of club football ambition.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
congrats to dario simic..in his prime he was a good defender but he is long past his prime and should retire..

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Good job Dario. To be a rare optimistic voice, maybe the move to Monaco will rejuvenate his form and career.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Thank you Dario.

As Baraba says the move to monaco and playing time could do wonders for him and for us as he was always ready to play when called upon and always played a good part in the NT. He played a lot at the start of the quals and played very well.

He was however responsible for not putting up a challange for Slovenias first goal last night.

All in all, thank you Dario!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts