Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is he really a NT starting eleven material??? Wouldnt Modric be a better option on right midfield? Srna doesnt even play in his natural position in NT, and I havent seen him making a single successful cross for a long time. I dont even want to comment on him being a captain. So he cried after a game, so what??? Here is how is see him play, takes the ball on right side, pushes it a bit than comes an opponent and tackles him, he is on the ground, holding his leg with facial expresions like its broken in 26 pieces. Here comes the ref and he is up and well. If you ask me our NT midfield should be Rakitic - Kranjcar - Modric and Srna can be our backup or play in Right back if Corluka plays centre back. And pls dont make it a Dinamo vs. Hajduk stuff.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Tell Slaven Bilic and co how you feel. Maybe they will listen.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Is he really a NT starting eleven material??? Wouldnt Modric be a better option on right midfield? Srna doesnt even play in his natural position in NT, and I havent seen him making a single successful cross for a long time. I dont even want to comment on him being a captain. So he cried after a game, so what??? Here is how is see him play, takes the ball on right side, pushes it a bit than comes an opponent and tackles him, he is on the ground, holding his leg with facial expresions like its broken in 26 pieces. Here comes the ref and he is up and well. If you ask me our NT midfield should be Rakitic - Kranjcar - Modric and Srna can be our backup or play in Right back if Corluka plays centre back. And pls dont make it a Dinamo vs. Hajduk stuff.
Agree with you. Srna in midfield is useless... he didn't play good game in ages (take away that goal against Germany and he would be just average).

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Agree with you. Srna in midfield is useless... he didn't play good game in ages (take away that goal against Germany and he would be just average).
I can't believe you would say that about easily one of your better players. His input alone with the energy he brings should be reason enough for him to be a fan favorite. He's got game too, why would you guys dog him?

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
I can't believe you would say that about easily one of your better players. His input alone with the energy he brings should be reason enough for him to be a fan favorite. He's got game too, why would you guys dog him?
What he plays now is just average compared to what he used to play in NT. Against Turkey and Austria he was completely invisible.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
What he plays now is just average compared to what he used to play in NT. Against Turkey and Austria he was completely invisible.
I see. Well didn't he have a thigh problem v. Turkey, cause he definitely looked limited late in that game. He did almost win you that game if Rustu hadn't reacted so well to his free kick.

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
3,666 Posts
Srna is a legend. There is no question he belongs in the NT but I think he would work better as a RB for our NT. So what if he dives sometimes? I don't know why there are so many anti-Srna people here.

·
Thought Criminal
14,014 Posts
baraba, its not about being anti-srna, rather anti-bullshit tactics that people see through odma. EG. diving and making like he has been shot in the ankle. utter garbage, he is a better player then that

He is RB. and that is all

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Forget, right midfield. The guy has big potential at right back, he dives whatever, who doesn't. Watching him in the Champions League, the guy really owned the right flank, through his massive engine, up down, up down. Plus, he actually had some time on the ball, to put in a decent cross (When's the last time he put in a decent cross for the national team). And, most importantly his one-dimensional-ness is actually suited at right back, plus he doesn't even need to dribble properly, just try and get onto his right foot like he always does. Honestly, he has all the traits to be a cracking attacking right back.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Did he really dive this tournament though? I mean it wasn't excessive by any means, so if you say he hasn't delivered a good cross for the NT in how long, be objective and don't say he constantly dives either.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
If we move Srna to right back who should play RM in a 4-4-2? Modric, Rakitic, Kranjcar? Definitely not Rakitic imo, Kranjcar is too incosistent so Modric? If we move Modric to RM who are CM's going to be? Pokrivac and Vukojevic? Vukojevic and Leko? Hmm..

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
If we move Srna to right back who should play RM in a 4-4-2? Modric, Rakitic, Kranjcar? Definitely not Rakitic imo, Kranjcar is too incosistent so Modric? If we move Modric to RM who are CM's going to be? Pokrivac and Vukojevic? Vukojevic and Leko? Hmm..
That's the question. Right midfield. Modrić would be the best bet, but the creativity in the centre would be slim. Vukojević and Pokrivač did very well against Poland, so well see. I don't think Slaven will more Luka to RM though.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
He would, but he doesn't want to go there, as his on big bucks at Shakhtar, only a big club he will leave, which probably won't happen.
You don't think he really impresed at Euro's? I thought him and his club mate Razvan Rat made an impression, so they'll get offers but like you said both of them are getting paid handsomely and they are comfortable at the club. Plus the bonus of CL football.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
He did impress in some matches. Simply through his hard work, he was really up and down the right flank all the time with little end product though, he scored that goal against Germany which was horrible defending. He had a few quality set pieces here and there, that's about it. His liabilities where there for all too see too...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.