Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After today's masterful performance in his 25th National Team cap it makes me even more angry that he is still in freakin Ukraine. He needs to get out of there as quickly as he can and go to a club in Germany or Italy.
Anyway, bravo Darijo for his excellent match :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Where does he play in your NT and where did he play at Hajduk? On the right in the mid, or on the right far back? Cause Ive seen him for Shakhtar a couple of times and for them he played more as an offensive defender, and he did not do well. I know he's a very good player so I didnt quite get it. His quality is not used properly in Donjetsk so I kind of agree he should change clubs.

Oh yea, congrats on the win :thmbup:

·
Registered
69,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the NT he plays on the right midfield as he did with Hajduk. He is great on set pieces, and he has good pace but he struggles defensivly.

·
Registered
69,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully in the summer he leaves, he needs to go to a bigger league.
Imagine if he played all three matches in Euro 2004 :wallbang: instead Baric puts Mornar and Rosso on the right :eek: Against England, Srna's first touch and he assisted Tudor's goal.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Srna is real class, he proved that many times. However, he is not a wing back or something like that, just like you guys pointed out. His right foot is a gift, and should be used as much as possible.
I hope he comes back to Hajduk :) :D

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Srna should be playing somewhere else no question the guy is good as hell.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
fantastic. But he is like a secret weapon so I like the fact he's an unkown in Ukraine. But he does deserve to play for a top club, no question.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
The next Pavel Nedved.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Srna is world class, no doubt about it.

He probably has one of the best set piece skills in world football, he deserves to be in a top club, and he's heading there surely.

If he continues like this, he will be one of the greats, up there with Boban and Suker.

Big words, but he's a big big player.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
All he has to do is keep playing well for the NT and I'm sure scouts will notice. Unfortunately though playing for Shakhtar he probably won't be noticed as much. I think it's easier to transfer from Hajduk to a Western European club then a Shakhtar. :scared:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand this constang minimizing of he Ukrainian and Russian clubs. These guys have real money and lots of it. The influence of these clubs will continue to grow as the Russian economy and the Ukrainian economy continue to gain power.

Get used to our players heading out that way.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I hope that both Srna and Pletikosa finds a bigger club....maybe pleti in Arsenal...and Srna in Inter or Deportivo...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
today he was sound defensively, even covered for Tomas a few times, got headers and made tackles, as well as keeping with his man all game.

No critique there at all...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
boksic said:
I hope that both Srna and Pletikosa finds a bigger club....maybe pleti in Arsenal...and Srna in Inter or Deportivo...
DONT SAY THAT!!!

never at inter, never never never, they only destroy talents! :moan:
the best for him, in italy, is to go to milan, they builds champions :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts