Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, according to Maariv Dante Lopez has agreed to join Spanish 2nd division side Cordoba on loan until 2005. On Friday, Yedioth quoted someone from Maccabi Haifa saying:"Lopez will not be released to a funny team" (Cordoba)....But looks like things are different. Yedioth today reports Maccabi Haifa are trying to transfer Lopez to Portsmouth. Looks like he is on his way out.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
Well, according to Maariv Dante Lopez has agreed to join Spanish 2nd division side Cordoba on loan until 2005. On Friday, Yedioth quoted someone from Maccabi Haifa saying:"Lopez will not be released to a funny team" (Cordoba)....But looks like things are different. Yedioth today reports Maccabi Haifa are trying to transfer Lopez to Portsmouth. Looks like he is on his way out.
Well if this rumor confirms Maccabi Haifa will only confirm that they are economically a bit higher than the other teams in Israel ( even though there were some salarie cuts) plus they have a record in recent years of selling the most players to foreign countries.
Only with the money of the selling of Yakubu Aiegbini plus Dante Lopez and the money of Champions League last the grreens could make a fair good team, at least on paper they are the best in Israel.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
You didn't hear it from me..

Maccabi Tel Aviv is intrested in Dante Lopez :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And now it's official, Dante Lopez will go for trials on Portsmouth on Sunday. He could join another ex-Israeli league striker in Yakubu, and another ex-Israeli midfielder in Eyal Berkovic. ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
whats going on here? how do they look at him and decide well we should sign him? In the first half of the season we can breifly list his accomplishments: he has shown "a comical understanding" of football at times as was reported and has underperformed in a season where Haifa are the favorites in several aspects, failed to score more than at most a couple goals, did nothing against Valencia yet was highly touted, and scored a goal or two in the world youth championships. and now hes going to Portsmouth?

someone explain it to me here, is he "not trying" or "bored" or something?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Carpe Noctem said:

someone explain it to me here, is he "not trying" or "bored" or something?

Mostly underachieve..but yet, highly rated....

THe guy is good.. No question, but since he came to israel, he lost to urge to play. It happens. If you throw him into the spanish La Liga, he might perform better... More competion, better facilities, everything big..

I guess he sees israel as one small cubicle!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts