Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danny Mills is Derby's second signing of the winter transfer window, he comes from Manchester City on loan until the end of the season. He has come in time to be ready for selection in Derby's FA Cup clash with Sheffield Wednesday too. He adds experience to the defense

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Oh dear! However he might be better than Mears who I must say looks shocking. Isnt there any full-backs in England that can actually play football?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Deano said:
Oh dear! However he might be better than Mears who I must say looks shocking. Isnt there any full-backs in England that can actually play football?
:eek:

I rate Mears, on his day he can be brilliant, though it is true on other days he can look awful, seems a player who can lose his confidence easily. With McEvevely out for the season, i think Mears could switch to left back and Mills too come in at right back.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Mears is merely average... his attacking ability is one of the usual headless chicken in the EPL, his control is quite awful and his defensive skills are also lacking. Yes he has the basic physique for the EPL and speed and strength, but in terms of playing football he is very poor... thats when Ive sene him anyway.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
Danny Mills is Derby's second signing of the winter transfer window, he comes from Manchester City on loan until the end of the season. He has come in time to be ready for selection in Derby's FA Cup clash with Sheffield Wednesday too. He adds experience to the defense
Who was the first?

Anyway, Mills could be ok, got a bit of fire in his belly, and won't be shy about breaking a leg or 2 if need be :tongue:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Deano said:
I think Mears is merely average... his attacking ability is one of the usual headless chicken in the EPL, his control is quite awful and his defensive skills are also lacking. Yes he has the basic physique for the EPL and speed and strength, but in terms of playing football he is very poor... thats when Ive sene him anyway.
What you need to realise is, when you carry the ball forward as a Derby County player, your all on your own, so there's a 99% chance your going to end up running into a brick wall.

He's defensively good for me, despite losing 6-0 at Anfield for the first 30 mins he had Torres in his back pocket, he has mostly defended well this season with absolutely bugger all help from anyone around him.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I don't think Mears is a bad player. I quite rate him.

As for Danny Mills.... :howler:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
it's hard to believe Mills was an England international only a couple years ago :pp
Well its hard to believe Michael Ricketts, James Beattie and Kevin Phillips were as well :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts