Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was great against Bolton. He scored a goal in a carling cup game for u all. He looks like a talent. Clichy and Cole will have dat left back for yrs. Play him up top or a winger , but keep him.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I can't see him making it here, but he will be a good player somewhere else.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
He's the same age as Clichy and doesn't even push him for the left back spot. Unless there's some sort of miracle, he won't make it here.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
DK is now on-loan at Ipswich, extended to the end of the season I believe.

This is the problem we have... we have some great youngsters, but it takes something extra to force yourself into the first team.

Think about it, over the last 5 years how many players have passed through our youth ranks and graduated to become first-team regulars? 2.

2 players out of probably 70 + (or more?) It's a shame but as Jern says, many of them will be class elsewhere.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
now our yoot policy is bearing fruit after the years of great work since Wenger came i can see us becoming a feeder club of great young talent to a lot of smaller clubs in England, as others have said you have to be potential world class to make it at the Arsenal, if you are slightly below you are not good enough, shame but it will be good to see all the Arsenal schooled boys playing all over the place.

the good thing about Wenger is, he has a great eye, he won't just throw youngsters in the 1st team and hope like Fergie did with Greening/Chadwick/Wallwork and others, he knows from the reserve/Carling outings whether they have what it takes, i am confident none of the players he lets go ever come back to embarass us by becoming world stars.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
He was great against Bolton. He scored a goal in a carling cup game for u all. He looks like a talent. Clichy and Cole will have dat left back for yrs. Play him up top or a winger , but keep him.
if thats all his done, we dont want him ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is our policy, to buy young players from nowhere, nurture them than send them on their way. it is part and parcel of our downfall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts