1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keepers:
Thomas Sørensen (Sunderland)
Peter Kjær (Aberdeen)
Jesper Christiansen (Vejle/Glasgow Rangers)

Defense:
Niclas Jensen (Manchester City)
Thomas Helveg (Milan)
Kasper Bøgelund (PSV)
Martin Laursen (Milan)
Steven Lustü (Lyn)
René Henriksen (Panathinaikos)
Jan Heintze (PSV)

Midfield:
Thomas Gravesen (Everton)
Stig Tøfting (Bolton)
Claus Jensen (Charlton)
Brian Steen Nielsen (Malmø FF)
Christian Poulsen (FC København)

Attack:
Ebbe Sand (Schalke 04)
Dennis Rommedahl (PSV)
Peter Løvenkrands (Glasgow Rangers)
Jan Michaelsen (Panathinaikos)
Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord)
Martin Jørgensen (Udinese)
Jesper Grønkjær (Chelsea)
Peter Madsen (Brøndby)

Not much to say about this as it is very much as expected. I have two comments though: 1) I still don't get why Steven Lustu is there, I would have preferred Thomas Frandsen by far and even Albrechtsen. 2) Brian Steen :scream: :scream: :scream: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :scream: :scream: :yuck:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think its ok that Lustu was selected. Afterall he has earlier prooved that he can make it on national team level. He might not be great but he is a last resort! Frandsen and Albrectsen on the other hand would have been a risk cuz we wouldn't know what we could expect from them.

Brian Steen. All i have to say is what Ane said::yuck::mad::yuck:

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Agreed. BS Nielsen... He's way over the hill and hasn't produced anything worth mentioning for a long time. In my opinion, it's a waste of space including him in the squad.

I'm pleased to see Løvenkrands getting a spot, though. He has been fantastic for Rangers this past season and thoroughly deserves it.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
BS Nielsen... I can only second your opinions. :yuck: :mad: :yuck: He's no good and hopefully we won't have to use him in any games what so ever.

And same goes for Lustü. He is just not good enough to play on internationla level, neither is Frandsen. Albrechtsen has potential, but sometimes he makes terrible blunders. What I don't understand is whay a guy like Per Krøldrup has been totally overlooked and not even been included in the friendlies. I think he is pretty good, certainly better than Lustü and he manage to get pretty much playingtime this season. At least more than Jørgensen. Speaking of which: Let's hope he gets ready 'cause we badly need him.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was glad to here that Peter Lovenkrands was in the squad although Yakubu said he would, I would have been very surprised if he was not picked and I am very sure given the chance he will do your country proud. Scoring 5 goals in 7 games against Celtic does help, also scoring the winning goal with seconds left to win the Double for Rangers helps aswell.
Jesper Christiansen 3rd choice, has he done that well over there?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Not that bad of a team. I think you can go far. I will be cheering for you but I can't honestly say that you'll have it easy. Niclas (good name) Jensen is a great player & Stig Tøfting is a really interesting player. It's good to have a Vinnie Jones type player in your squad.

Thomas Sørensen is also a real good keeper. I'd hope to see Dennis Rommedahl & Ebbe Sand in attack for Denmark as they are two of my favourite Danish players.

Are Claus & Niclas Jensen brothers?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nope Niclas, they're not bro's, however Niclas Jensen and another Danish international Daniel Jensen are brothers. I believe both have gone on my school, at least Daniel Jensen :).

I'm generally very happy with the squad, however I do agree with NCH that Bull sh*t Nielsen doesn't have anything to do in this squad. I believe we have better alternatives, for one I could mention Per Frandsen, who no matter what you say Ane, is proving himself and his abilities high enough everytime he plays in the EPL. Like the rest of you I'm also kinda gruntled about the defense, since I think both Frandsen, Krøldrup AND Albrechtsen, who I'd rate as the best of these three would be better alternatives than Lustu *puking*. For one thing, Frandsen can also play in midfield, and now we're at it I'd also rather see him over BSN, just like I'd preffer Røll who's playing so ever great every week for FCK :star:.

Else, I'm very satisfied, and it's nice to see that FCK in general will get the most players to the WC, as Antonelius, Zuma, Kihlstedt and Poulsen are going. Am I missing anyone?

And finally, I'm kinda sad that we only have three Danes from Suppen, and 20 from abroad :depressed:. We seriously have to take ourselves together and keep the best players as long as possible, at least the next best in the NT have to play in Denmark IMO :).

Daniel, who simply can't wait for the WorldCup, the Cup final and the 'final' the 12'th :).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ane said:
Keepers:

Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord)
Martin Jørgensen (Udinese)
Jesper Grønkjær (Chelsea)
Peter Madsen (Brøndby)

Jon Dahl Tomasson is a AC Milan player not a Feyenoord player last game for him with feyenoord the UEFA CUP.

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
...so since he will play for Feyenoord in the UEFA Cup final, doesn't that mean he's still a Feyenoord player? Milan are taking over his contract when his contract with Feyenoord expires. It hasn't yet, so JDT is still a Feyenoord player.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Jacob said:
...so since he will play for Feyenoord in the UEFA Cup final, doesn't that mean he's still a Feyenoord player? Milan are taking over his contract when his contract with Feyenoord expires. It hasn't yet, so JDT is still a Feyenoord player.
Yep:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts