Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out a little bit of info about the Danish sides B1901, B1903 Hellerup, Hollbaek, Staevnet and Vanlose IF, Which town do they play home games and the name of their stadium. Thank you in anticipation. Tom.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
TomC EFC said:
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out a little bit of info about the Danish sides B1901, B1903 Hellerup, Hollbaek, Staevnet and Vanlose IF, Which town do they play home games and the name of their stadium. Thank you in anticipation. Tom.

Hello Sunshine

Why those clubs!!!! I can't really find any relation between them :confused:

B 1903 and B1901 used to be some of the biggest clubs in Denmark, today they are parts of FC Copenhagen and Nykoebing Falster Alliancen. A few noticeable fact: B 1903 was one of Denmark better clubs until that bacame a part of FC Copehagen, in 1991 the won 6-2 over Bayern Munchen in the UEFA CUP. B1901 was the club were MR. Morten Olsen played as a young winger, and also the club of former national coach Kurt "Nikkelai" Nielsen.

Vanloese: The only fact worth to mention is that Michael Laudrup played there as a kid and that Elkjaer Larsen played a few matches for the club before leaving for German football. They play there matches in Copenhagen.

Hollbaek and Staevnet, well asking for those clubs are way out :drool: :drool: Hollbaek play in Hollbaek :finger: they were something in the late 17'ths, I'm not sure, but I think the won bronze the year Esbjerg last time became Danish Champions (or was it Kastrup :confused: ).

Staevnet, well what can I say :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: have that club ever been something!!!!!!!! At laest I've never heard about them :moan: :moan: :moan:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rimmer, the connection between those clubs is that they all represented Denmark in European competitions. Are you saying Staevnet play in the town of Staevnet? Many thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Orange, I am trying to find out which town/city have had most representatives in the 3 major European competitions.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
TomC EFC said:
Hi Rimmer, the connection between those clubs is that they all represented Denmark in European competitions. Are you saying Staevnet play in the town of Staevnet? Many thanks.
Nope, Vanloese and B 1903 play in Copenhagen, but I don't know the club named Staevnet.

I'm pretty sure that Denmark don't have a town called Staevnet, and my guess would be Copenhagen, but that isn't based on anything else than Copehagen is the city with the most clubs :confused:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Perhaps I can solve the mystery ;) :D ...

Copenhagen Staevnet and Odense Staevnet were not actual club teams but mixed teams with players from several different clubs, also the Copenhagen FA (KBU) participated at one point, while Frem used 3 players from other clubs (AB, Vejle and Esbjerg) in the away match against Chelsea in 1958...

The reason for this is that what we today know as the UEFA cup at that time was called the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (founded on 18th April 1955) and had nothing to do with UEFA, but was a private tournament for representative sides from the different cities in Europe that hold trade fairs regularly....

In the second season the organisers decided to go back to club participation with a knockout format, but the teams still had to come from cities that hold trade fairs, though some club teams did participate...

From the 1963/64 season only real club teams were allowed to participate and in the 1971/72 season the tournament changed its name to the UEFA Cup. The decision to change the name came from the fact that competition no longer needed the ties with the international trade fairs, this meant giving it to UEFA as they were the only organisation to have a good administration and knowledge of the sport to run it.

I hope this answers all your questions ?

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Ceres said:
Perhaps I can solve the mystery ;) :D ...

Copenhagen Staevnet and Odense Staevnet were not actual club teams but mixed teams with players from several different clubs, also the Copenhagen FA (KBU) participated at one point, while Frem used 3 players from other clubs (AB, Vejle and Esbjerg) in the away match against Chelsea in 1958...

The reason for this is that what we today know as the UEFA cup at that time was called the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (founded on 18th April 1955) and had nothing to do with UEFA, but was a private tournament for representative sides from the different cities in Europe that hold trade fairs regularly....

In the second season the organisers decided to go back to club participation with a knockout format, but the teams still had to come from cities that hold trade fairs, though some club teams did participate...

From the 1963/64 season only real club teams were allowed to participate and in the 1971/72 season the tournament changed its name to the UEFA Cup. The decision to change the name came from the fact that competition no longer needed the ties with the international trade fairs, this meant giving it to UEFA as they were the only organisation to have a good administration and knowledge of the sport to run it.

I hope this answers all your questions ?
Wau, that was before my time, but I ought deeper into Danish football history :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts