Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe you guys don't have a thread for Denmark.

Anyways, I'm Denmark's newest fan, I fell in love with their style of play, such great passing and they move forward so well. I haven't seen Denmark play since last WC because I saw barely any of EURO2000.

With the style of game Denmark played, you can play with the best at this world cup and are now my official dark horse for the WC itself!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
IVO my man, I'm very honoured indeed :proud:. And yes, it is kind of wack we don't have any really active thread about it, but it's really kind of dead in here :embarass:...

I think we played very well today, except of a little bit of problems in defense at the beginning. There wasn't much to do against the Uruguayan's goal, it was simply a pearl. But the midfield, aswell as Laursen in defense got better as time got on, and I honestly think we'll keep getting better as games go by :). I just read that Tøfting HASN'T broken anything, and so we're still injury free. I think we could go to the semis with a little luck, with which I mean that we manage to beat Senegal and draw with France, and thereby winning the group. Thereby we could, most likely, avoid meeting Argentina in the second phase, and then anything can happen. We might actually end up with meeting the same teams in the second phase and quarters :eekani:! Let's hope we can make a tradition of who to meet in the semis aswell, though it still seems as an impossible dream for me :).

Many thanx for this thread IVO!

/Daniel

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Denmark could actually win this group, wich maybe is a must to further than the last 16.

You got a verey strong overall squad and alot of players seems to be in form, specially Tomassson.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After your performance, I'm convinced you're the darkhorse. I live in Canada and don't have a satellite and as such, don't see much football at all, nevermind international games. I'm mostly resigned to reading articles and people's opinions here at XT to make any sort of a judgement on most teams.

I picked Denmark to advance from the group, but never thought much past that but now that I've seen you play that's all changed.

The way you pass the ball around and more importantly, the passes into the offensive zone and your overall attacking style is just great. No matter who you play, you're gonna get your chances to score and it's just a matter of converting them.

Senegal shocked us all with their win, but lightning won't strike twice and you'll beat them by at least a 2 goal margin, at the very least. France will most likely respond to their opening match loss, but your offence should be able to generate a lot of chances against their aging defence. Remember, they haven't had to qualify for the WC so they don't have those competitive games over the last 2 years.

Everybody would want to avoid Argentina and of the rest in the group of death, you're as good any of them. None of those teams are WC contenders IMO and although they're strong teams, they should be more worried about facing you then you would be of them. With that in mind, Argentina is a tough team to beat but then so are you.

I'm a Milanista and most of us were surprised to see Laursen all of a sudden relegated to the bench. Only Carlo can explain that one but I don't think he could convince any of us it was the right decision.

Your game was on at 4:30am over here and I was beat tired, almost falling asleep on the couch and was about to forget the game and go to bed.

During the game I was thanking God that I didn't go to sleep:D

Sure that was only the third game of the tournament, but you were easily the most entertaining team so far and will undoubtedly play a major role in this WC and I'll be cheering you on the whole way!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Denmark has a big advantage: No matter how good their players are, they're always first choice outsiders, even if their potential is obvious.
The game versus France will be interesting, to say the least...;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
We had a few thought about the game in the thread called: "The World Cup" but it mostly were a few remarks.

I think we played great, in the last 80 minutes. although Rodrigez scored a absolute thunderbolt of a goal we managed to keep our heads cool, and scored again. I wanted to make a real thread, but in a real thread there has to be a real intro.
But I thought I might put that one on hold, cuz me and some of my friends had a deal: " everytime we scored a goal, we should drink one Beer(Odense Pils' ofcourse) and two if we won and you might think: "pfft that only makes it three beers!!:rollani:"
But right after the game my team and me traveled to Odense, and played a great game aswell, wich resulted in a 6-1 win! :eekani: :star: :excited: wich pretty much made us socially happy :rollani: and I ofcourse scored 2 an assisted one! :happy:

But anywho, we played great, and I we continue to go one like this, we can beat france... if they also continue like in their preveus match! :cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think one of the most assuring things about Denmark is that we have never left the pitch in a WC-tournament without scoring at least 1 goal (knock on wood - 7-9-13).

So I guess Senegal needs to score 2 goals in order to win...

I agree with the guy who talked about 1986 - that was the kind of football which makes me proud. Only 1 team can win the trophy - you need luck, skill, luck, ability, luck and the help from God if you're gonna win it. Therefore to me the WC is about showing great football - it should be an event where you worship the beauty of football.

(this doesn't mean that I am naive - if Denmark has to they can play result-oriented and boring and I will still be happy - just as long as this doesn't happen everytime!)

Remembering Milla and Cameroun with a :)
Remembering Drillo and Norway with a :depress:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Drillo IMO was a brilliant man, but infortunetly he wasnt apriechiated. I didnt like the playing style, but you gotta admit, it was efficient as hell! :eek: :dazed:
Magic, your pretty supersticios arent you? and about that help from god... why get help when you can use his hand! :D (hint! Diago#10)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
765 Posts
Already getting worked up for the match against France. Anything could happen really, I think.

We can win, draw and lose by a 2 goals margin. I really don't know - have to say I don't feel secure with the way Heintze and Henriksen have done so far at the WC. Hope Henriksen gets his acts together and start using his great reading of the game, Heintze should be better as it wont be as hot as in the Senegal match...

Gravesen will be back as usual - we need his exellent ball distribution in the midfield!

And I think it's time that Sand scores his first goal at this WC. Otherwise Tomasson must continue his goalscoring.

Rommedahl could have his big moment in this match - France gotta attack and he's got to be dangerous on the counter attack with his speed (his coach at PSV calls him the fastest winger in the world!)

Hope the record will stand and Denmark scores at least 1 goal - I don't think France will score 3 goals (but if they do - let's hope Tomasson scores 2 times as he has done in the previous 2 matches....oh no - his second was disallowed against Senegal ..I forgot :mad:

Always look on the bright side of life!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Well I know for sure Rommedahl is not the fastest winger in the world. A certain young Dane called Peter Lovenkrands is a faster and better winger than Rommedahl is. France will not know what has hit them if Lovenkrands gets a DESERVED start against them.

:fero: Rommedahl Hater:fero:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Løvenkrands is still very young and he's still a lot to learn. He'll definitely be a man for the future, no doubt. But he's not our man in the this WC. Although I'm also a bit against Morten Olsen's choise of always using Rommedahl. Rommedahl IS fast, very fast actually, but he lacks the technique to use his pace well enough. It's here I think Løvenkrands would be better. Løvenkrands is also fast, maybe not as fast as Rommedahl, but he's more techniqual. It's sad to see that we're that good on the wings. There are only 2 spots and 4 are fighting for them. Although it's healthy to have many players to choose from at that spot, and we do have that, I think it would be if we had one more attacker or defender to choose from, than 4 wingers.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Especially a great defender is needed as sub. Or even as competition with Henriksen who hasn't performed well so far. What would happen if Laursen (7-9-13, knock on wood) got injured?

Lustü ?? Oh please!!! After the WC Per Nielsen should get the chance in the NT, I think. Most of the players who have played with him on the same team praise him. He's solid!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Løvenkrands, I can't beleive he was only used for 90 seconds in the whole world cup :(

Oh well he's only 22, he'll be in the squad for 2004 I'm sure, and by then he'll have a few league winners in his belt from Rangers.

Unlucky Denmark :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts