Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any update on his contract situation? If he doesn't sign by the summer City risk losing a really top talent for little or nothing.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that's his issue mate. I think he'd take half that from a club where he knew he'd get to play and wasn't going to get shunted behind a lot of massive money signings the way he might at City who have bought, Jo, Benjani, Caicedo, Bellamy and Bojinov in the past 2 years and have been linked with Santa Cruz as well.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
It would be in his and England's best interests if him and Manchester City parted ways. He needs to play regular football which isn't ever going to be a possibility at Man City.

He is a fantastic young footballer, reminds me a lot of a young Owen. Very quick and a solid goalscorer. Still I think he does need a lot of work on him as a player and attitude wise. Definetly not nearly good enough tactically and he just seems a very lazy player to me sometimes.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think liverpool would be good for his development.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I'd have him in a heartbeat but he'd just sit on the bench for Torres, probably get more chances at Liverpool then City though (assuming you bring in abother £50 million worth of attackers in the summer).

Someone like Everton or Villa would be better.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Villa have Agbonlahor, who is currently better than Sturridge. And either Heskey or Carew will be playing.

Everton have Yakubu coming back.

We need a partner for Torres, and why not a great young english player?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
He's not ready to be starting for a top 4 side, and I don't see Benitez changing formation for an unproven 19 year old to be honest.

Why wasn't he in the squad yesterday? Surely not injured again?!

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Villa have Agbonlahor, who is currently better than Sturridge. And either Heskey or Carew will be playing.
Jesus, not a chance. Agbonlahor is and English David Bellion with less technical ability. Apart from his pace, he is pretty limited.

Sturridge is a far better player. It's strange to me how underrated Sturridge appears to be. Remember all the Rooney hype when he started out? It was insane. Sturridge is every bit a talented (if not more in certain areas) and he's barely on the radar, I feel.

Sky's the limit for this guy. I'd completely freak out if we went for him in the summer.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the minute, Agbonlahor is the better player. Of that there is no question. Great pace, excellent in the air, can link the play and he's a good finisher.

Sturridge has all the talent in the world, and will be a much better player, but what's he done in the game so far? Nothing.

Give Sturridge 2 years of REGULAR prem football and IMO, he'll be partnering Rooney for England.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's not ready to be starting for a top 4 side, and I don't see Benitez changing formation for an unproven 19 year old to be honest.

Why wasn't he in the squad yesterday? Surely not injured again?!
Can you honestly, hand on heart, say that anyone can predict Rafa's next move?

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
At the minute, Agbonlahor is the better player. Of that there is no question. Great pace, excellent in the air, can link the play and he's a good finisher.

Sturridge has all the talent in the world, and will be a much better player, but what's he done in the game so far? Nothing.

Give Sturridge 2 years of REGULAR prem football and IMO, he'll be partnering Rooney for England.

He's shown more skill, creativity and finishing ability in the handful of appearances he's had this season than Agbonlahor has over the entire season.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone can do it over a few games, he needs to do it over a season.

We're arguing two sides of the same argument here, we both agree Sturridge is going to be a star.

He might actually be perfect for Blackburn when Santa Cruz leaves.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hardly think that as a Birmingham City fan, best of luck on Saturday by the way, i'm hoping Brum come back up, you're in a position to unbiasedly rate a Villa player.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'm not denying Sturridge's talent, but what's all this hype based on? Seriously, I'm not being an arsehole or trying to prove a point, I genuinely want to know.

From what I've seen, he has looked talented but his first team opportunities have been too limited to judge his potential accurately. However I don't watch all of City's games so I may have missed some really good performances from him.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts