Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was really impressed by his performance in the UEFA-Cup match against SV Hamburg. He scored the first goal with a great shot and set up the 2nd one. He has a very good record in this years UEFA-Cup competition, he also killed Hertha BSC with a goal and an assist.
Seems to be a really talented guy. Is he already playing for your NT and is it the first season where he is noticeable ?

·
International
9,682 Posts
1. It's not the first season he has somewhat impressed.
2. He's not that great.
3. He's not playing for the senior NT, except for the U21 + the last two matches in the Cyprus tournament which weren't too important, although he'll probably get more time in the future.
4. He'll leave in the summer for a top European club (so said Dinu Gheorghe). Probably 3.5-4 million $ or Euros.

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
He has played some games with the NT (he scored vs Nigeria) but he´s not still considered a starter. Piturca likes him and he will get new chances.

D.Niculae appeared 3-4 years ago, but he exploded the past season scoring 13 goals in the first 14 games. After that he got seriously injured. This season he´s doing better in European games than in Romanian league where he´s considered one of the best strikers.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
I hope hes not goin to a western club... i dont need to see another romanian reserve

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an article about Niculae in the Hamburg newspaper 'Hamburger Abendblatt' today which is entitled as 'Niculae, proud of Romania' and gushingly praises the player as Romanias upcoming starstriker.
Maybe someone of you can read german ( otherwise you can use an online translator ;) ):

http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2006/03/15/543487.html

To sum up the article : Niculae is the fan favorite at Rapid and is praised as the 'romanian answer to Thierry Henry' :cool: . He has alerted many foreign clubs with his recent performances, he has a fixed transfer sum of 3 Mio Euro in his contract. Hertha BSC Berlin already made an inquiry for him after their UEFA-Cup match and also Hamburg is said to be interested ( though this rumor is taken from the rumanian press according to the article..).
He is quoted that he would like to play in England, Spain, Italy or Germany soon.
Concerning the UEFA-Cup clash in Hamburg, Niculae says that the chances of advancing are 50:50 for Rapid.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Well he is the striker substitute for the national team, and we only play one upfront. He is a good player.

He has improved a lot recently, before a 2 year old could have pushed him off the ball, he's imrpoved that a lot. This year he has played very well in the UEFA Cup. Him and his striker partner Buga are joint top-scorers in the UEFA Cup, I think they have 7 each and they usually assist eachother. Personally I think Buga is better than him, he is stronger and better on the ball, and has a more complete game. Niculae is good for a goal but when the team is without the ball they are a man down with Niculae playing.

I'm not sure he would do very well abroad, he should stay at Rapid. :)

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
I think he would do well, wouldn´t expect him to score 20 goals per season but he is much more complete now, he is stronger and has good technique, he appears at the right moment which is very important for a striker.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Mugurel Buga is better technically but Niculae is a better goal scorer and also younger by 4 or 5 years. I dont think Buga was as good when he was 23-24. Niculae has shown consistency in his improvement and if he continues this way I think he will be a very good player in a year or 2.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Niculae should stay in romania for more seasons... esp if rapid wins the cup... man imagine rapid in the quarters... thats a real big thing yo

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today our general sports manager confirmed that Niculae is on the list of strikers which are being monitored by our scouts.

Maybe you can update me about his recent performances every once in a while...

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Rothose said:
Today our general sports manager confirmed that Niculae is on the list of strikers which are being monitored by our scouts.

why? is your bench not warm enough yet? ;)

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Raven said:
Well he is the striker substitute for the national team, and we only play one upfront. He is a good player.

He has improved a lot recently, before a 2 year old could have pushed him off the ball, he's imrpoved that a lot.
2-3 years ago we (Anderlecht) played against Rapid with Niculae. And I must say I was impressed by him. Even without him holding the ball that good ...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PMC said:
why? is your bench not warm enough yet? ;)
I already wrote it elsewhere : It's very likely that our attack will undergo a complete refurbishment in the next season.
Takahara will be sold/has to go, he's crap - anyone is better than him.

Barbarez didn't accept the offer for a new contract ( btw. saw that you are living in Vienna and cheering for Rapid : there are some rumors that Barbarez will join his old friend Kurt Jara in Salzburg - what a bad end to his career if he really opts to play for this crap team which imho doesn't represent any footballing spirit and is just the product of the Red Bull money ...).

I don't think that we will keep Ailton, too expensive and too old. So there are probably 3 empty slots in our attacking roster. If Niculae is really that talented, he has good chances to be a regular player in our team, but i cannot judge him from those 2 games i saw.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Rothose said:

Silly question:
Why does Hamburg has to monitor him, he kicked you out of UEFA ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Rothose said:
I already wrote it elsewhere : It's very likely that our attack will undergo a complete refurbishment in the next season.
Takahara will be sold/has to go, he's crap - anyone is better than him.

Barbarez didn't accept the offer for a new contract ( btw. saw that you are living in Vienna and cheering for Rapid : there are some rumors that Barbarez will join his old friend Kurt Jara in Salzburg - what a bad end to his career if he really opts to play for this crap team which imho doesn't represent any footballing spirit and is just the product of the Red Bull money ...).

I don't think that we will keep Ailton, too expensive and too old. So there are probably 3 empty slots in our attacking roster. If Niculae is really that talented, he has good chances to be a regular player in our team, but i cannot judge him from those 2 games i saw.

Well the problem is that romanians tend to struggle in foreign leagues... while i dont think they ever had big problems in germany... so i wouldnt know if he would play good Hamburg if the deal happened... if he doesnt get injuried i think that he may become one of your better strikers though..

Salzburg is just like Austria Vienna... both clubs sold out for better players... but it seems to be the only way to keep or get talent in austria... Rapid Vienna lost their most important players this winter because they dont have enough money to keep up with salzburg and austria vienna...

so yeah this pisses me off

and Salzburg might be a team with bad mentality now but I think that they might play a good season next year in uefa or maybe even CL... depends if austria keeps their advance or not

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
According to Romanian press, Hamburg, Hertha, Marseille, Lille, Glasgow Rangers and Hearts are interested on D.Niculae.

·
Registered
946 Posts
GICA said:
According to Romanian press, Hamburg, Hertha, Marseille, Lille, Glasgow Rangers and Hearts are interested on D.Niculae.
What the hell?

Haven't heard a SINGLE thing about this. Hm. To be honest, I can't see Niculae playing for us. We've got Paul le Guen coming in, and he's into 4-3-3, with three pacy, athletic strikers.

I don't think Niculae is that kind of striker, is he?

Youse've made the UEFA Cup interesting this season. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Niculae along with Mugurel Buga plays behind the mains striker which is nowdays Moldovan so IMO he is quite pacy and can score goals. Anyways I would rather him stay and play for Rapid then go to Rangers no offense top you my man...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts