Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean the Dani from betis, not aranzubia!

Is he basque? he played for the basque team didn't he?
He impressed me in the match vs az, which was knocked out of the uefa cup by betis. He suprisely was benched untill the 86th minute, which kinda was the turn of the match. He was there in the attacks, and also in the defense. Tell me more about him!;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
No Enrike, he´s not basque, he´s from Sevilla.

And actually, he´s one of the most hated players in Euskadi, well, an in all the league. He´s good (always appears in the important moments) but he´s such a diver and dirt player, argh!:yuck:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But didn't he played for the basque team? at least a "dani" played for it. guess i'm wrong;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Enrike said:
at least a "dani" played for it. guess i'm wrong;)
You mean recently?

Take in in mind, in Spain a lot people have the same names, it's not as different as in Holland for example, at least, that's how it looks to me... think about 'Gonzalez, Perez, Rodriguez etc' ;)

Also Dani is a very common name...

Players who played versus Cameroon last christmas

I know somewhere on the net there's a list with all players who ever played for the Euskal Selekzioa, but I don't know where to find...
One till 2002 (enlgish --> players)

EDIT: for most Basques abroad, have a look at the Basque abroad topic ;) :thumbsup:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
The only famous Dani that comes to my mind is Daniel Ruíz Bazán "Dani", Athletic´s striker of the late 70s and early 80s, and active participant in our last titles, one of the best Athletic players ever.

But I doubt you watched him playing,:D unless it was a veterans game.;)

Hmm, I just remembered Erreala´s Cifuentes name is Daniel, and he´s common name is "Dani Cifu", last season he played for Eibar and was pretty famous, maybe you talk about him. He´s from Madrid btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts