Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hvala bogu da sam docekao ovaj dan

Dobili smo nas dan. 9 Januar (Sv Arhidjakon Stefan) Dan Moje Otadzbine Republike Srpske.

Ovo je za sve i jednu zrtvu koji je dao zivot za otadzbinu.
Ovo je pocetak bice Srpska dio Srbije.

ZIVELA MOJA SRPSKA

OaBlHejgpWE

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
we do make the world out of such trivial things... can you imagine here in Australia people questioning the validity of the Queen's Birthday holiday, for example, because it offends the sensibilities of Australians of non-British origins and/or Australians with republican political leanings? Aussies in that regard would be smart enough to respond "who gives a sh*t!?! it is a day off"

but since this is the path BiH is on, we shouldn't get too excited just yet by the referendum... the question asked of the people of RS was simply "do you support 9 January to be noted and celebrated as Republic Day in RS?" --> what consequences of a "Yes" vote on such a question is still hard to work out... i think it is clear that 9 January will continue to be marked as a public holiday but it might very well be re-branded as a different public day and not specifically as republic day

i am still not convinced that such a referendum actually benefits the people in RS... the international community has successfully divided Serbia and RS on the point and as long as any retribution by or on behalf of the Bosniaks against the Serbs of BiH does not involve the actual destruction of RS (eg. sanctions, criminal prosecutions of the political leadership etc.), then the Serbs of BiH will be left with virtually no assistance (bar maybe from Russia) which will in turn make an already difficult everyday existence in RS even harder

the referendum though is a strong political tool for Dodik --> 2 Bosniak (with SDA affiliations supposedly) and 3 foreign judges can dictate to an entire nation within BiH what they can and cannot celebrate over the dissenting opinions of the 2 Serb and 2 Croat judges that made up the rest of the Court... and all at the behest of Bakir Izetbegovic... if Dodik can make it happen and continue to officially celebrate 9 January as Republic Day, then he has galvanised Serbian political will within BiH to effect change for the better of Serbs in BiH (at least symbolically)... if he cannot and there are strong repercussions for RS precluding the ongoing celebration of 9 January, then the will of 90+% of the Serbian people in RS is outweighed by what Bakir wants which his judges and his foreign allies then confirm... which then just proves that BiH as currently constituted is to the detriment of all Serbs in BiH... and if Dodik individually suffers (eg. criminal prosecution), he is then made a martyr for the Serb people in BiH

and all a week out before elections... unbelievable... i would think people in West are more politically subtle than this but then again, Donald Trump is a presidential candidate in the US

some of the Bosniak rhetoric has not helped issues though (eg. "U ime Alaha, milostivog, samilosnog! Vaša krv će teći ulicama jer ste sami tako izabrali. RS više neće biti", "I zato ja apelujem da se dobro razmisli. Jer Milošević je umro, JNA ne postoji, ne postoji hiljade tenkova, hiljade transportera... Ne može Srbija pomoći RS. Nećemo dopustiti da nam neko pola države otcepi", "Mislim da će postupno desiti reakcija međunarodne zajednice. Gledali smo kako Sadam Husein, Gadafi, Milosević prkose i kako to izgleda" etc.)... pretty much ensured the referendum had to go ahead

the joker in the pack is the use of referendums in BiH to express a nation's political view and whether those views can then effect change (a Croatian 3rd entity in BiH, RS secession, a Bosniak desire to destroy RS etc.)

Bakir really should have let sleeping dogs lie in this matter... idiot

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
Hvala bogu da sam docekao ovaj dan

Dobili smo nas dan. 9 Januar (Sv Arhidjakon Stefan) Dan Moje Otadzbine Republike Srpske.

Ovo je za sve i jednu zrtvu koji je dao zivot za otadzbinu.
Ovo je pocetak bice Srpska dio Srbije.

ZIVELA MOJA SRPSKA

OaBlHejgpWE
good evening gents, given that XT is an english speaking forum, and that I am not proficient in what I presume to be serbian, I would appreciate a full and accurate translation of this post

many thanks

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
good evening gents, given that XT is an english speaking forum, and that I am not proficient in what I presume to be serbian, I would appreciate a full and accurate translation of this post

many thanks
to what end?

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
The referendum is done and dusted, really not much to discuss here. Closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.