Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i say, too bad the french didn't have the fit cause frankly, i'm sure they could beat all of them, even brazil!!
i'm so mad!
i haven't seen the best player, zinedine zidane, i missed him:(

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I cannot believe this final ... Germany vs Brazil ...

The same Brazil that used half its population during the qualifiers and went through as many coaches, and only just avoided missing the big dance altogether Vs. The same Germany that is missing half-a-dozen stars through injury and got spanked at home 1-5 by England in the qualifiers.

I am quite sure that if a full-strength France (Pires, Zidane) played either of these teams at a similar level of strength in six months time anywhere on the planet France would win and win easily.

World Champions 2002 = Brazil or Germany.

Reminds me of this years Oscars ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, this wc is totally amazing!
squads who look dead before the wc are at the top now!!

hehe, never lose the hope then:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Lili.
pity that france din't qualify, cause instead of Engalnd it would have been you guys to have a football lesson.

Ronaldo , Rivaldo and Ronaldnho would have killed your pathetic defense and your "project" of a golie!:tongue: ;) :D :D :D

"France always tries, but only Brazil can be FIVE":tongue: ;)

The fairy tale is over Lili..... World Cups wins now only when they are staged in France again!;) :cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
IF France was good enough...

dyertribe said:
I am quite sure that if a full-strength France (Pires, Zidane) played either of these teams at a similar level of strength in six months time anywhere on the planet France would win and win easily.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
:howler: :howler: :D

This is hilarious. So if the World Cup was in December, France would be champs? Shiit, why didn't someone warn Lemerre that the tournament wasn't in December?!? :tongue: The World Cup isn't in six months, mate -- it's happening now, France was humiliated and kicked out. So "if" it was on another place, with other players, and in a different time of year, France would be winners? Wow, aren't we glad the Cup isn't in the Land of Oz, huh?

Hey, "if" Brazil had met France in this WC we would've thrashed them 6x0. See? I can "if" too! :dielaugh: :howler: "If" Senegal had been hit by a meteor maybe France wouldn't have been defeated in the first game, huh? :D "If" France had managed to score at least one bloody goal their humilation might have been a tad smaller, right? And "if" Zidane had wings he would've been able to fly away from all this ridicule! :wallbang:

Your theory is really fascinating. So France's problem was that they weren't warned in advance that the World Cup would be in June, right? I hope the Pires injury isn't the French excuse - the Germans had five times more injury problems, but there they are in the finals; the Germans also had the SAME European season as the French, and there they are.

The proper place for crying is on the bed, over a pillow, where it's nice and soft. :smileani: The World Cup finals is for the best, and guess what? France's days as 'the best' are over. :cool: Hey, maybe in 2042 they'll hold another WC in France, huh? :rollani:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Re: IF France was good enough...

Garrincha said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

This is hilarious. So if the World Cup was in December, France would be champs? Shiit, why didn't someone warn Lemerre that the tournament wasn't in December?!? :tongue: The World Cup isn't in six months, mate -- it's happening now, France was humiliated and kicked out. So "if" it was on another place, with other players, and in a different time of year, France would be winners? Wow, aren't we glad the Cup isn't in the Land of Oz, huh?

Hey, "if" Brazil had met France in this WC we would've thrashed them 6x0. See? I can "if" too! :dielaugh: :howler: "If" Senegal had been hit by a meteor maybe France wouldn't have been defeated in the first game, huh? :D "If" France had managed to score at least one bloody goal their humilation might have been a tad smaller, right? And "if" Zidane had wings he would've been able to fly away from all this ridicule! :wallbang:

Your theory is really fascinating. So France's problem was that they weren't warned in advance that the World Cup would be in June, right? I hope the Pires injury isn't the French excuse - the Germans had five times more injury problems, but there they are in the finals; the Germans also had the SAME European season as the French, and there they are.

The proper place for crying is on the bed, over a pillow, where it's nice and soft. :smileani: The World Cup finals is for the best, and guess what? France's days as 'the best' are over. :cool: Hey, maybe in 2042 they'll hold another WC in France, huh? :rollani:
I got it hand it to you, Garrincha. This is great smack.

Hey! I got one! If Portugal had scored more than all of their opponents, I think it fair to say we might have even won an extra game or two! Oh sh*t! Before I forget. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle (had to add that one in).:D

Good one, Garrincha! That is a fascinating theory.:D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I'm flattered...

Thanks, Pila - always good to be complimented by a master. ;)

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I'm a great admirer of quality smack. Besides, whatever happened to losing with dignity? I see now why our society are going down the drain, no one is willing to accept responsibility fro anything anymore. Victims of circumstance, we all iz, ain't we'z?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, it's really a portugues who is talking here?:D
cause you think you can give us the french lessons about fair play?
let me laugh:howler:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
lili said:
lol, it's really a portugues who is talking here?:D
cause you think you can give us the french lessons about fair play?
let me laugh:howler:
Ah, lili, my innocent little flower, I've made no mention of fair play. I'm merely making an observation that we fans have a hard time accepting defeat. I don't begrudge the French any more than anyone else, mi amor. We Portuges can probably learn a thing or two about fair play, though. Not very gracious losers, we Portugues, are we? In that, we agree. That's why I've made no mention of the French, lili. We are all alike in the end, don't you agree?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
To be honest this WC is a complete joke, I don't care who was in the final. If it was Saudi-Tunisia or Italy-Brazil, this WC shows how bad FIFA has screwed up the game. There is no flare, no spark, no specialty at this moment. I know it's hard not to sound biased because my country got knocked out in such a screwed up/controversial way, but come on let's be honest, in 20 years will you remember this tournament for it's great enthusiastic soccer or for terrible officiating?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pila said:
I'm a great admirer of quality smack. Besides, whatever happened to losing with dignity? I see now why our society are going down the drain, no one is willing to accept responsibility fro anything anymore. Victims of circumstance, we all iz, ain't we'z?
Although that may be a bit twistable in the analysis of societies going down the drain, I'd say you are really on to something when it comes to sports. It's not often you hear people admitting they are responsible these days. It's always the refs, the circumstances or an unseen mysterious force... or maybe it's just my perception fo things, I am after all a Lazio fan and have had to put up with both Cragnotti's and Zaccheroni's evasive explanations this last nighmarish season.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Re: IF France was good enough...

Garrincha said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That's not a smack that is nationalistic drivel ... Brazil are terribly lucky to even be at the tournament and granted, have played well - even though they almost got beaten by Tukiye in the first game and were fortunate to progress against England. But yes, the results are there.

And whats this about me thinking France would win the world cup if it was played in December? Those are your words, not mine. I merely stated that France is still the best team in the world and it doesnt take a rocket scientist or a gang up of Portugese speaking fans souped up on bias to change my mind - if France played Brazil in six months time they would win and win easily.

You also say Brazil would put six past the French - they only put four past China but I guess it's possible ...

Just on Germany having more injuries and the word 'excuses' coming up regarding the injuries to Zizou and Pires - don't tell me you didn't feel the same about Romario's absence from France98 and Ronaldo's pre-final fit and subsequent poor performamce ... no? Of course you didn't.

Great smack ... great. I also loved your sarcastic use of the word "mate" ... scintillating.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Brazil narrowly beat England? Oh, & I was under the impression that England simply collapsed after going a goal behind to a wonder strike from Ronaldinho. They couldn't beat 10 men, which shows them to have been the most over-hyped team of the tournament (going by the English press, of course).

The fact is that France couldn't score even with Henry & Trezuget upfront, England can't handle loosing a lead & Germany's strong team spirit & pure determination got them to the final.

So it hasn't been entertaining, but when was the last World Cup that was entertaining? Not for a good few years at least.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seems the brazilians and the portugues have a short memory!!!
damn!
didn't we beat the brazilians 3.0 and the portugues 4.0 last time we met them?!
my squad never lose so hardly!!

and mister pila, i'm not your innocent flower!
my squad didn't display, it always made the game, what can i do if a mexican referee for france-uruguay was so pro-uruguayan?!
give henry a red card after 25mn was premedited, my squad had to fight at 10 and made the game against 11 uruguayans + the referee. trézéguet scored but his goal wasn't accepted cause an imaginary off side!!
sur now, i will never go to mexico for my holidays!!:stuckup:
and i'm mad at my squad cause i know the qualities of the players! dyertribe is the most cleaver here (thanx dyertribe:) )

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
lili said:
seems the brazilians and the portugues have a short memory!!!
Yeah, but didn't France lose 1-0 to Senegal?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I'm not the one looking for excuses...

dyertribe said:
That's not a smack that is nationalistic drivel ... Brazil are terribly lucky to even be at the tournament and granted, have played well - even though they almost got beaten by Tukiye in the first game and were fortunate to progress against England. But yes, the results are there.
We were 'almost beaten' by Turkey? There was one questionable penalty, but up to that moment the game was tied - I fail to see how that qualifies as 'almost getting beaten'. I think you can teach us a thing or two about being biased... Also, 'fortunate' against England? How do you mean that: we were fortunate that the English Team began shiitting their pants as soon as they were behind on the scoreboard? :D We were fortunate that Seaman positions himself so poorly? :dielaugh: Or were we fortunate that England was too incompetent to defeat 10 men? :tongue:

dyertribe said:
And whats this about me thinking France would win the world cup if it was played in December? Those are your words, not mine. I merely stated that France is still the best team in the world and it doesnt take a rocket scientist or a gang up of Portugese speaking fans souped up on bias to change my mind - if France played Brazil in six months time they would win and win easily.
In that same paragraph you say it again: "if France played Brazil in six months time they would win and win easily." The World Cup was held in June, and six months past June is...? You got it, December. :rollani: France is the best team in the world? Man, they were pathethically kicked out. The best 'team' isn't 'the best assemblage of random players', it's the most efficient team of eleven players. If France's eleven isn't good enough to get any results whatsoever, and actually unable to score one bloody goal, then I really must object to you calling them 'the best team in the world'. They may be a pretty good assemblage of players - but as a team they suckked, and suckked HARD. :cool:

dyertribe said:
Just on Germany having more injuries and the word 'excuses' coming up regarding the injuries to Zizou and Pires - don't tell me you didn't feel the same about Romario's absence from France98 and Ronaldo's pre-final fit and subsequent poor performamce ... no? Of course you didn't.
There are no excuses, man. Romario was absent before WC '98 even begun, he was cut while at the preparation and substituted for another player. His absence was a fact before the first game, and it's no excuse for anything. Ronaldo's fit was a case of bad luck, but I also think the French killed our team tatically that day; because, in that particular year, they were indeed 'the best team in the world'.

Now, you can do your little 'irony' thing all you want. You mentioned two 'excuses' (??) for Brazil's WC '98 defeat, and I gotta tell you: I don't think either is a valid excuse. I don't care whether you believe me, I got a World Cup final to worry about. ;) I can say honestly that Romario's absence didn't count at all, and Ronaldo's fit, if anything, gave us the clear sign that it was not meant to be. France was the rightful winner of WC '98, and we applauded their victory, even though it pained us. Now, the rightful winner will be known tomorrow - and those who have class will applaud too. :)

While you, my friend... you can continue looking for excuses. :wallbang: :dielaugh:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Dyer tribe,
Man, go and watch australian football....maybe you'll have better analysis.

Brazil are lucky to be in the world cu???:confused: That is the biggest pece of crap probably ever written in xtratime..and let me tell you, xtratime is the place were you can read LOADS OF CRAP...... but not quite as yours!.

We were heads and shoulders better than any team at this world cup.

and the funny thing is that our team DIN'T MAKE ONE SINGLE TRAINIGN SESSION TOGETHER! We built this team in the changing room agianst Turkey in the first game because EMERSON, our CAPTAIN and the most imporant piece of the jigzaw of Felipao's scheme. But then again, we have talent, we put a GILBERTO SILVA in, that had almost NO EXPERIENCE at international level and takes care of the business like a master.

I though France had a great bench for waht people said in xtratime. But only 2 players get injured and there whole team callapeses, and the came with the other "greatest players" such as DJORAKEFF, MICOUD, DUGARRY, WILTORD. But as they all play in Italy or Engalnd they are superb, because the level osf Serie A is out of this world and the level of the Premiership is too. WHAOOW. Pity that France was the only team of the whole world that knew they would be playing on the 31st of May in the wolrd cup, but now they make excuses cause there team was not "fit":confused: :rolleyes:

Really, loking at such remarks, it makes you wonder if these guys really were world champions.....what a sad bunch of losers!

Brazil loses Ronaldinho Gaucho in the semi final by a terrible call, and we don;t even mention a world to FIFA, why? BEcause our bench is world class.....and the thing is that they all play in Brazil with a much hectic club schedule than Europe....... top teams play about 80 games a YEAR.....and nobody complains.

Btw, French fans, just remember that 98 is still in our mind and the next time we get you in a World CUp, it will be to humiliate you lot!:tongue: ;) :cool:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
How can anyone say that Brazil don't deserve to be at the World Cup? On what grounds? Not coming top of the South American Qualifying Group?

Sure, they looked in a precarious position after 10 games or so, but after 18, they were 3rd - that's above Paraguay and Uruguay, both of which were at the World Cup, and Colombia, who stand 4th in the FIFA World Rankings.

They have some of the best players in the world, and for once, a Brazil team actually plays as a team (sometimes). Brazil's scoring record at the World Cup is much better than anyone else (bar Germany, if you include the match against KSA) - 2-1, 4-0, 5-2, 2-0, 2-1, 1-0. Also, this means that Brazil have only conceded 4 goals in 6 games, making them one of the best defences.

Brazil should be in the World Cup, anyway, just because they always contribute to a good atmosphere and have lots of support in every country.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts