Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is so unbelievable... :eek: i think if he'd be playing for a better club he would be up there in the Beckham, Giggs or Figo-category... because under no circumstances is he any worse than those players. :) His pace, his dribblings, his shots... and he still is so young... :happy: :proud:

Mark my words: this guy will be one of the stars of WC 2002. :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
He he he I'm certainly no going to argue with you. After the WC people are going to be breaking down Blackburns door to get him. Frankly I don't know why this hasn't happened already.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
That's a good point. I would have though that someone would have tried to sign him by now... I guess Blackburn don't want to let him go. Smart move...;)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see someone agrees with me. Seems like i'm not as biased as i thought... :D

Rod :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Taken from skysports.

---------------------

Duff: not for sale

Graeme Souness has told the rest of the Premiership that £10million-rated Damien Duff is not for sale.

The Blackburn Rovers boss has scuppered any summer bids for the Republic of Ireland international, with the likes of Liverpool being linked with the 23-year-old.

Duff recently warned he would leave the club if they were relegated, but with Rovers all but certain of avoiding the drop, Souness says he is definitely staying put.

He said: "We have not been contacted by anyone about selling Damien Duff. He's not for sale. We're in a very, very fortunate position because we're not a selling club. So he's not going anywhere, end of story."

Duff could find himself in a central attacking role for the Republic in the World Cup Finals and Souness says he can go all the way - with Blackburn.

He said: "He excites people, he runs at people, he's very direct, he can dribble and
he wants to do well.

"I would say he can only get better because of the type of boy he is. He's not going to let anything cloud his ambition. He's not going to be turned by stories linking him with other teams.

"His head is not going to be turned by people saying nice things about him. He's a very down to earth, solid guy and I think he's destined for greatness because other than injury I can't see anything stopping that because his head will not be turned."

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd like to see Duff player for a bigger club but you can't blame Blackburn for holding onto him for dear life.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
They are smart people there at Blackburn...:tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts