Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read he's coming here in the next 2 weeks to have a trial with us. Anything to look out for?

Clint Dempsey's started his week long trial with us today btw :) and he'll play a friendly game too this week.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Wow, you guys are really going after MLS players, eh? Damani is a quality forward, one of the best in the league. I can't see him working at Feyenoord, though. I don't think he's ready for the next level.

PS: He was one of DaMarcus Beasely's teammates at Chicago

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Ralph is too raw for Europe, but thanks for giving him a look. He'll be ready after another season or two in MLS. I am afraid he'll go there and be a failure because he isn't quite the polished product and therefore isn't ready for the next level, as Ed said.

I'm glad to see such a big club giving looks at unproven MLS players, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, thats awesome -- Damani has a great story too. After High School he went and played at Meridian Community College, a few hours away, where my select coach was helping coach at the time, I believe. He says he just worked incredibly hard, and he's obviously come a long way in a matter of just 4 or 5 years. That gives us all hope ;).

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
he is raw and overrated.

Go get Buddle or Eddie Johnson , because Eddie has a trial w/ PSV and you dont want to loose him to your arch enemy , that would be a big mistake! Buddle has too much technique for a target foward , if u can beat the laziness out of him...u got yourself a star! :shades:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
PAT NOONAN? TO CHELSKI? Haha, that's hilarious. Pat Noonan! Chelski! Every time I hear it it just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Noonan!

"And Cech plays it to Carvalho, who passes quickly to Lampard. Lampard to Noonan, a quick one two with Drogba, Noonan is in, he's blasted home! Pat Noonan scores yet ANOTHER goal for Chelsea in their fight for the Premiership crown!"

:howler:

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the feedback :) seems like it'll just be a learning experience for the lad but nothing more

Is he anywhere near the NT level btw? which one does he play for ? Jamaica since I read he came from there or the States?

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
He's a Jamaican international, he played terribly against the USA in the most recent qualifier

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to say but he;s been on trial here since Monday.

Reading here, I guess he hardly has a chance of getting a contract after Dempsey who you guys rated higher didn't. On top of that we've got 2 pretty talented attackers in our youth team as well, but knowing the clubs management, I wouldn't be surprised if we did sign him first thing Monday morning :howler:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
:d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts