Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am disappointed with him. I feel betrayed. And to think AC Milan got him for such a low price too.

BC-SPORT-SOCCER-DALLA BONA (UPDATE 1)
UPDATE 1-Soccer-Dalla Bona overjoyed at Milan move
(recasts with quotes, changes dateline)
MILAN, July 8 (Reuters) - Italian Sam Dalla Bona expressed his joy at clinching a long-awaited transfer from Chelsea to Serie A giants AC Milan on Monday.
"I am delighted to be back in Italy and in Italian football and above all with Milan," the midfielder told the club's television station Milan Channel.
"Milan have been interested in me for more than a year and that can only make you happy.
"I have spoken to my friend (Milan midfielder) Massimo Donati, who says he feels great here. I can't wait to see it all with my own eyes."
Dalla Bona, the 21-year-old who joined English premier league club Chelsea from Atalanta in 1998, has signed a five-year contract with Milan, according to the club's official website.
Milan said there had been no player-exchange as part of the deal, which is reported to have cost 1.5 million euros ($1.48 million).
Dalla Bona made 42 league appearances for Chelsea, although he is still to make his Serie A debut.
"I have learnt a lot from English football and I want to show how much I have developed," said Dalla Bona.
"I know Milan have a star-studded midfield but I am just going to arrive, work hard and try and show the coach (Carlo Ancelotti) my worth."
Dalla Bona will join Ancelotti and his new team mates at the Milanello training centre on Tuesday.
Reut 04:16 07-09-02

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
is he good enough to make it into the italian lineup who already have albertini, ambrosini and Gattuso in the middle?? thats just their italians, plenty of other options too...

Good move perhaps as he is young and will eventually play, just thought perhaps he would of hung round for another 3-4 season.

·
THE
14,286 Posts
Albertini is out on loan...Ambro and Gattuse were often injured...perhaps yes, he'll fit in.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Ambro and Gattusso is NOT often injuried, it is only Ambro who had one BIG injury. It can eb disputed which players he would compete with in Milan, it is dependent on what tactics and how some players will be used.

But he came much cheaper than I expected...

·
Registered
201 Posts
This deal sucked and everybody here knows it. £1M!!! Thats nothin. We should have taken Contra...:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it does suck that Milan got him for such a low price but at least we got something for him. In 5 months he would've left on a free and we be sitting there in the meantime paying his wages with nothing to show for it.

Regardless, Sam was a great young player who gave his all when on the pitch. That's more than we can say for some of our other players.

Kind of makes you wonder how this would've all been handled if Hutch was still around. Thus far this transfer season we have lost one of our better young players and our only signing could be under contract for Alaves.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Would have been nice to see him stay but he's said all along he wanted to go home and 1 million is better than 0 million :)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
They got a good midfielder.

Too cheap though. Good luck to him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts