Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has happened to Gaetano D'Agostino this season and will he ever rise at Roma?
I don't have any answers, so I'm reaching out...I saw D'Agostino play very well this summer on the left flank for Roma. His youth served him well, not only for Roma, but the Azzurrini as well. He's got a wicked left foot, is creative and hustles. All I want to know is why Del Neri and others have shut him out so coldly? I know he was injured for a while, but I don't think that's been an issue for some time. For all the experiments we've tried this season - especially on the left - why hasn't D'Ago been given a shot to see if he can provide a spark? What do you guys think? Do you even agree with me that he is an under-utilized asset? We fought off Juve to keep him, now we never see him. Why?
D'Agostino :star:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I am not so sure there is definite answer,Primo.For one,he may just be finding hard to find form.He may also be a player who finds it difficult to perform under pressure,and we have not been winning games to afford to bring on a player who shines when we are winning.Whatever the reason,I feel that wingers are having to become far more defensive minded when they do not have the ball,and it may be in this department that D'Agostino starts to fall short.He may lack that high work rate on back tracking your opponent and tackling ability that Mancini does.Especially if Del Neri uses a 3 man defence,he will certainly want his wingers covering the back more often.Its just a point as D'Agostino seems fine going forward.Certainly,he gives a good delivery of a ball when crossing.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I think it's absolutely sad that D'Agostini is not getting a chance. Like it was tragedy that Maresca never got to play with Juve... and Gasbarroni not getting much mileage at Palermo.

-------------Gilardino
--------Cassano
D'Agostino--------------Gasbarroni
-------De Rossi---Maresca

That's my dream for the future Azzurri, but it looks to be far away from ever shaping up these days :(.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Glen said:
-------------Gilardino
--------Cassano
D'Agostino--------------Gasbarroni
-------De Rossi---Maresca

That's my dream for the future Azzurri, but it looks to be far away from ever shaping up these days :(.
:eekani: That would be a very very decent Italian side...

:sigh:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well he had 1 match here and played badly and because of that Del Neri feels he is a bad player (this is the 1 thing I dont like about Del neri, doent give things a fair go)

He has quality and will be a useful squad member even if just for the bench, but if we get a winger or two next summer, it may be best to let him move on (not to Juve) at least on loan so he can show us all his talent because he has neever really got that chance in Rome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts