Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Till now I was under the impression that Olivier Dacourt would cost 16 million euros. Fair enough. But now I just realised that Lazio is going to spend 16 million pounds on him.

Is that for real?

Dacourt is a good player, but he is definitely not worth that much, especially since Lazio hardly needs him with Giannichedda, Simeone and possibly Baronio around. Dacourt is a work horse but his passing is no good, he is not very fast and generally will not offer anything more than what Giannichedda does already. He would be a good move for a normal price, but if he is supposed to be your "star" signing in midfield... Plus, he doesn't really want to play for Lazio as he said several times, so he is coming only for the money and because Leeds is forcing him out to get the money. After two great moves in Oddo and Sorin, Crag really f*cked up that one...

What a waste of money.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
LOL! That's so true, Mauricio. :D

Buying a player that doesn't really want to play for the club isn't a very good idea.... Mendieta comes to mind. :rolleyes: Dacourt is a good player, but with Simeone, Mendieta, Baggio, Giannichedda and Liverani already competing for that midfield place, Dacourt isn't really needed, not even if one or two of the above mentioned players leave.

It is a waste of money and it annoys the hell out of me that Crag is spending Lazio's limited finances so stupid.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I think that Crag is after 3-5-2 again.....

Now what I'm about to say is highly theoretical, almost fantasy:D

Imagine....

.......................Crespo...........Inzaghi......................

..............Dacourt......Veron/Fiore............Simeone

Sorin........................................................................Oddo

..................Couto................Nesta.........Stam

Now there are variations (like Davids or Gianni instead of Simeone, Deki is "still" Lazio Player...and so on)

This is the only way for me to explain it.

If this is the real intention, i dont want Zac on the bench. I can live with this as long as Trap is the coach....

·
Registered
713 Posts
Crag is preparing to sell Diego Pablo Simeone (probably to Atletico Madrid) he knows how much this players means to the fans so he want to make himself forgiven by spending astronomic fees on players that obviously aren't what we need...

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Youness said:
he knows how much this players means to the fans so he want to make himself forgiven by spending astronomic fees on players that obviously aren't what we need...
Now, doesn't THAT sound familiar?:rolleyes: :depress:

·
Registered
518 Posts
How old is Dacourt ???? 29 ????? IMO, at this age, money is their only drive. Why not buy some young talent ???

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
It's looking more and more official that we're going to sign Dacourt and for THAT exact fee .. Laziomania says he's expected to sign for us anytime now...

There are many negative points about this..

1) The fee is TOO Much ...
2) Might be the signal to sell El Cholo to Atletico Madrid
3) This might be like Mendieta's case where the player didn't want to sign but was somehow "forced" to..

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Sign some young Italian or some decent player from a smaller club instead of trying to act like some primadonna and signing players for new transfer records every year, hasn't Crag learned to NOT waste his money on expensive players that will only fail anyway. Selling the club's symbol Veron to get a loser like Mendieta that hasn't done a crap for Lazio was madness.....

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
nasty nick said:
Sign some young Italian or some decent player from a smaller club instead of trying to act like some primadonna and signing players for new transfer records every year, haven't Crag learned to NOT waste his money on expensive players that will only fail anyway. Selling the club's symbol Veron to get a loser like Mendieta that hasn't done a crap for Lazio was madness.....
Well Crag is trying to sign some young italians ( Oddo and Di Vaio for example ) but when it comes to midfield I don't think that there are italian youngsters that a team that wants to fight for the Scudetto can depend on .. and anyway most coaches don't trust those players it seems.. just look at Donati and Pirlo .. they hardly start for Milan.

As for the second part, I don't think Veron was the club's symbol and Mendieta wasn't a loser when we signed him either ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Dacourt signs at last

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Leeds’ French international Oliver Dacourt will sign for Lazio this Monday. The midfielder has taken his time to make up his mind and at one point it was thought he might not join.

channel4

·
International
6,519 Posts
I can't see the bull anymore....

Why on earth do we need Dacourt, 29 years old midfielder, playing for English team, who doesn't want to sign for Lazio for a fee of 16 M pounds ??!?!? :mad::fero:

What the hell is Crag thinking again ??! I always thought something is wrong with him, but now I just realized he is stupid and knows SH!T about football. Why not sign Riquelme for that money + some money from our sells ??!?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
MoMo said:
It's looking more and more official that we're going to sign Dacourt and for THAT exact fee .. Laziomania says he's expected to sign for us anytime now...

There are many negative points about this..

1) The fee is TOO Much ...
2) Might be the signal to sell El Cholo to Atletico Madrid
3) This might be like Mendieta's case where the player didn't want to sign but was somehow "forced" to..
u missed 1 very important point....

He is not a good player!!!
and thats being generous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts