Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Sky Sports:

Leicester City have swooped for Newcastle United defender Nikos Dabizas.
The Greek international is believed to have had a number of options, but he has opted to move to The Walkers Stadium.

Dabizas has agreed a deal until the end of the season, with an option for another 18 months - should Leicester avoid relegation.

"Nikos is an experienced international defender and his arrival will bring added competition to places in this area of the squad for us," said Leicester manager Micky Adams.

"We have conceded a few goals recently and I feel that is an area in which we need to tighten up."

Newcastle told Dabizas that he had no future at St James' Park and that he could leave if he found a new club.

Foxes boss Adams is working with limited resources and has moved early in the transfer window to bolster his options.

The 30-year-old has been with Newcastle since 1998 after arriving from Olympiakos in a £2 million deal and started over 100 Premiership games for The Magpies
-----------------------------------------------------
Very loyal servent to the club, always gave his best, I hope he does well at leicester.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
For my money Dabizas is a better defender than some of the players in Newcastle's first team. I don't really see why you're letting him go, but none the less I'm sure he'll do well at Leicester.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I never was a very big fan of Dabizas, but how on earth people like O'Brien and Bramble forced him out of the team will always be a mystery to me...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts