Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During all this fuss about Deki now leaving for Inter and me writing the list of players we have left from the Scudetto team, it became clear that we seriously need new defending material for next season.

Check it out:

Contract expires at the end of this season for the following players :

Peruzzi
Colonnese
Favalli :star:
Couto
Mihajlovic
Gottardi

Four defenders on that list!! How many defenders do we have left since it is known Favalli wants to move :( and I don't know if the contract for the other ones will be renewed.
I highly doubt it though for Colonnese and Couto and I would be relieved aswell if they left. I wouldn't mind if Miha stayed. That leaves us if nothing serious will be done with:

Stam (whose contract will end after next season, if he remains with us)
Negro (same story, contraxt expires at 2005)
Oddo
'Zauri

I see some problems here, don't you? It's time for fresh new blood, thohgh experience in the back is essential aswell.. but do we have the money for it.......any promising Primavera defenders?

I envy Parma now for their talented d-fens.......

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Michel said:

I envy Parma now for their talented d-fens.......

Besides ferrari (who'll most probably leave this day (or at least on summer) we don't have sh!t in d-fens. Cannavaro can turn out to be something..never know about him ..the rest we have is just ...well...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Even if their contracts were not expiring Couto, Colonnese and Gottardi would hardly be useful next season. If Miha can keep some level of play we could use him another season, of course with a low wage. And I think we could find some cheap players who woudln't be worse than Couto, if only our scouts were not that bloody lame.:mad: Of course, as most things in Lazio it depends mostly on the financial situation, the new owner etc.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If we could keep Stam at least for one more season, or maybe "force" him to sign a new deal, a new deal that includes a minimum release fee or whatever, coz I haven't seen many good centre back for a while....

We're all depend on the capital increase, I hope we could find a new buyer, bring in some fresh cash, and try to sign Ferrari and Bonera from Parma, the 2 most promising italian player around. We could have used Zauri as a left back, Ferrari or Bonera will partner Stam in the centre, and we could use either Bonera or Oddo as a right back...

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I have two suggestions and no, it's not because they are Danish. :D

Martin Laursen. Currently fourth choice in Milan behind Nesta, Maldini and Costacurta. I know he often look lost when he do play for Milan but he's the kind of player who needs to play consistently to be as good as he was in Verona. Pros: Big, strong, very good in the air, mid twenties.
Cons: Sometimes makes very bad mistakes, bad passing game.
Major con: Dealing with a big team like Milan they'd want somethink in return, like Stam or Cesar and we can't lose them too.

Per Krøldrup. Has played on a very consistent basis in Udinese the past two seasons and is learning from one of the most experienced in Serie A, playing alongside Nestor Sensini. He's just 24 years old and definitely a man for the future and why he haven't had his NT debut yet is a mystery to most people following football in Denmark. Like Laursen he's tall and strong. Pretty fast too and has scored a few goals for Udinese.
Cons: Has not been tried in a bigger club yet. Has just extended his contract, so hell cost some money.

These were just the first too that popped up in my head.

Other suggestions. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I like your suggestions. Laursen was great in Verona and although he is now quite bad in Milan a starting place can make him show what he really can. I think Cribari from Empoli would be a good addition to our squad too.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Cribari is the one we should go for, and maybe Inter will be prepared to release Adani.

Laursen of the Verona form would be great, but nowadays he looks embarrassingly bad. Would be a big gamble...but one with a great upside.

Still, the most important matter in our defense is Stam. If we goes, our defense will get weaker, no matter what...

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Kafka said:
Laursen of the Verona form would be great, but nowadays he looks embarrassingly bad. Would be a big gamble...but one with a great upside.
Actually I don't think it would be that much of a gamble. Laursen has been out of form in Milan but every time he has played for the Danish NT, he has been great. There is no doubt that he's still got it :)

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Hmmm, maybe we should go for him, then. But it depends on the price, I'd be really reluctant to spend our precious little transfer budget on him. Even in his best form, he's still not near the player Stam is...but if he have to sell Stam, and get Laursen for a reasonable price, it might be an ok solution.

We'd need another top central defender, though. Cribari would be very good in that scenario. In any scenario, really.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Kafka said:
...or maybe not. Laursen looks like a clown out there...
That's part of his strategy to be sold to us. ;)

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He doesn't seem confident to me. ... but perhaps that's just cause he was nervous playing against such an attack today ;)

Can't have an oopinion about Krøldrup and Cribari as I have not seen them play. Are they central defenders?
Adani would be nice! :) And Stam, without a doubt the rock of our defense! :cool:
And what a spirit and stamina he has huh? He even attacks alot during matches!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Cribari is a central defender, yes.
Laursen was not bad in the second half, IMO but I didn't watch the first so I can not talk about it.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Krøldrup is a central defender too. I think he would be able to play on the right too if needed as he's used to play in a three man defence in Udine where you have to cover the sides too.

Let's just say Laursen's first half wasn't a convincing recommendation. :D Very insecure, kept backpassing to Abbiati. Better in the second half though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts