Xtratime Community banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
He was really taught at Ujpest, even if he counts as a homegrown player I think. If he goes off to Europe next year Németh can take his spot in the starting lineup.
The skill difference between Salloi and Nemeth is vast yet Salloi gets to play. I was watching a clip of Red Star Belgrade in the early 1970's, they beat Liverpool, etc. The passing was incredible..passing not around midfield like they do they, but passing for a good goal. Such a difference between the Old Days and Today's!

and then last week I watched Red Star Army, Soviet hockey..incredible passing and skill. No wonder I gave up on the NHL just about 1972. One game the Canadians had Wayne Gretzky, Guy Lafleur and that Pengiun great..forget his name.. Red Army won 8-1.

·
Registered
10,034 Posts
You're absolutely right about the difference in skill. Salloi is young in comparison, that's his biggest advantage over Németh. You can't even make the case speed is a big deciding factor. If he is faster, I don't think it's by much. Salloi heading off to Europe next year would/should be the best thing for both.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts