Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
this is his first full year with the team...that and its a popularity contest as to why he didn't make the all star team..they will find out very soon he is one of the top players in the league and will get offers abroad. All of the people making fun of the MLS, but I'll tell you that its better than the Polish, Dutch, and even the Portuguese league. He can easily play for a Benfica team and do well.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Benfica was really shit last year. Gyepes could've played at the stadium of light. That's right it has the same name as the Sunderland stadium. Not the estadio de luz like some people think.

I like the MLS. It is like English nb2. Ball bouncing all over the place. Kick n rush. Bettah than pass backwards if you can't pass sideways.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
That shit Benfica would still probably win MLS Cup:D

Why do people call it "the MLS"?:) It's not "The Major League Soccer" it's just "Major League Soccer", like "Major League Baseball".

We've often said the Polish and Dutch leagues are weak while discussing Niko and Juji. Different standard. Don't think anyone would say the average MLS player is technically as good as the ones in Eredivisie and Ekstraklasa.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
The MLS... Eh?

First I thougjt it must be because we sayeth the MLSZ in Ungarn. But no! Ongalls sayeth it too.

Maybe it's to add gravitas?!7 like when they say world series... Amirite?

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
I think my first thougjt was correct. It is to add gravitas.

Remember when Aids first came out. It was 'The Aids' Arsenal call themselves 'The Arsenal'.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
If the objective is to add gravitas, it fails miserably:D

We say "The States" too, but we don't say "The Major League Baseball (or Soccer)"

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Nemeth has not played in the last 4 or 5 games and Stieber in the last 3...looks like their time with their money is up. Both teams were winning so difficult for artistic boys to play. Both teams have runners and somehow they score. Offseason will be interesting..I think they are gone!

Even though Salloi has been scoring, how Nemeth does not play ahead of him is beyond me. Saloi is young and was taught at SKC and he negated rumors of going overseas by saying he wants to stay at Kansas City even though he gets now $81,000.00.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
He was really taught at Ujpest, even if he counts as a homegrown player I think. If he goes off to Europe next year Németh can take his spot in the starting lineup.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts